Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

And that is the saving grace, bigant have done their job very well, the game looks great, although since trublu have been calling the shots we haven't seen too much. It doesn't make any sense to me what's happening (or not happening) with the UK market. We don't know all the factors behind it but what kinda strategy is this? There is no competition for DB14,so do nothing?

Sadly, no-one can that answer that question. Tru Blu don't respond at the best of times and Ross can't speak about it.

Regardless of the details, one thing is clear, it has resulted in people who will be putting cash in Tru Blu's back pocket becoming seriously pissed off. But, as we here at PC are a tiny % of the total number of UK customers they won't give a toss. Business is business.

And bad business is bad business.

I'm not going to go on about this; just genuinely astounded that after having been away for a week and with the official release happening next week that the release for the UK market is still TBA.

Given that IF it comes out on the 11th, it is up against what may well be the biggest 360 release in this half of the year

Does a week really make a difference though? They're (Titanfall & DBC14) still released pretty close together.

----------

the release for the UK market is still TBA.

Tru Blu should change it to CBA :D

Even if they came out and said that there's a few issues that need sorting, to bear with them and that they are trying their hardest to get it released asap, it would put everyone at ease - even though that's probably what they are doing! Would it really hurt to make a small announcement to this forum?!

I think enough we have discussed our frustration and disappointments and really got tiered of it all and new members have carried the same discussion but I hardly feel it is of any use.

For me I am still super excited to play the game asap but lost that special connection we had for last year or so. I hope we hear of actual release soon and play the game and rest these discussions.

Sadly the treatment to us UK peeps have been no less than appalling. I am astound by the lack of information on the UK release even within the week of worldwide release.

I have never seen these many changes to marketing strategy and nor will i ever. This to me shows that us cricket gamers are taken for granted and will always be the case only due to being a niche sport.

I have followed this game and AC13 since they were introduced and i did had conflicts with @Chief as well, when he was on the wrong. DBC14 as a game may be great but this is marketing strategy is just plain Bullsh&T.......

OK then, a little correction.

Only dumb people would choose to pay ?20 to maybe possibly get the game a day before the UK release...

Sadly the treatment to us UK peeps have been no less than appalling. I am astound by the lack of information on the UK release even within the week of Australasia & South Africa release.

Corrected. We have yet to hear any official announcement about any other region, be it Europe or North America.

OK then, a little correction.

Only dumb people would choose to pay ?20 to maybe possibly get the game a day before the UK release...

When is UK release date again ??

If I was one of the three people who played cricket in the US, I'd be a little annoyed

e: and probably the 11th. I'm also annoyed about the release date thing; but I think that people are being dumb preordering the game from Australia at a huge markup to get the game a little before. I bought the Ashes review DVD from Australia; took a week. You might get the game a day before everyone else; but you might get it a few days late. And I'd laugh!

When is UK release date again ??

Good point! It could very well be 14th or later given the fact 'Alternative Software', who have dealt with Tru Blu before, have listed the release date as 14th on Amazon. In fact they changed the date from 11th to 14th a couple of days back.

----------

If I was one of the three people who played cricket in the US, I'd be a little annoyed

e: and probably the 11th. I'm also annoyed about the release date thing; but I think that people are being dumb preordering the game from Australia at a huge markup to get the game a little before. I bought the Ashes review DVD from Australia; took a week. You might get the game a day before everyone else; but you might get it a few days late. And I'd laugh!

The point you are missing is that it's not the UK based folks who are ordering from Australia, but the folks who were planning to import from UK, and who have to import the game from somewhere regardless.

GAME mole checking in :spy

When we had it announced to us it was gunna change it was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'it has been changed from the 4th to an official date of the 11th April'

I would be VERY surprised if it gets changed again tbh.. thats just from experience and reading what our system said.

GAME mole checking in :spy

When we had it announced to us it was gunna change it was quoted as saying something along the lines of 'it has been changed from the 4th to an official date of the 11th April'

I would be VERY surprised if it gets changed again tbh.. thats just from experience and reading what our system said.

Has there been many pre-orders at your GAME for DBC?

Users who are viewing this thread