Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

I would have thought that as long as you get the game then everything's ok.

Of course, just as long as it's available to purchase at the same time as everyone else.

I would have thought that as long as you get the game then everything's ok.

The Indian guys had never even heard of the distributor being used and still wouldn't if it wasn't listed in the press release - they would have just purchased from flipkart/wherever.

Yeah i agree with that, that's what i was trying to say & have said it a few times. It's true whenever the UK distributor is announced i most definitely wouldn't of heard of them, don't bother me if its michael johnson hand delivering it as long as i get it :) That's why i haven't pre-ordered yet waiting for the good news on uk retailers :) This forum is turning my brain to mush with the amount of drivel on here now-a-days lol

Like i have said many a time on here thanks for being so honest on here :)

I would have thought the cricinfo commentary would read something like:

0.5 overs Wicket: Oh what a giveaway. Blockerdave just kept charging down the wicket like a crack junkie seeing the methadon bus and all Bigant had to do was bowl the very obvious slower ball on middle stump and castle him. Kids play. There will be some things said back in the changing room; did blockerdave just not read the match situation or see the state of play. Bring back KP!

Ross, a quick question for you...

Have you ever shipped a game from Aus to North America via MightyApe or any other aus/nz online retailer? If yes, how long did the delivery take?

Thought of asking you as you have spent some time in US and occasionally would have shipped games from Aus.

It's not for me to tell you not to do it, gets me in trouble, but the way I look at it you have until the 2nd April to make that decision.

I've never had to import as even when I lived here I was back and forth to Australia a lot.

It's not for me to tell you not to do it, gets me in trouble, but the way I look at it you have until the 2nd April to make that decision.

I've never had to import as even when I lived here I was back and forth to Australia a lot.

I keep trying to tell everybody that i have pre ordered the game from shop.to, a UK based company: they will ship the game to me so that I have on the 11th of April. Just don't get the problem here.

I keep trying to tell everybody that i have pre ordered the game from shop.to, a UK based company: they will ship the game to me so that I have on the 11th of April. Just don't get the problem here.

Exactly there is no problem, people just making it wayyy harder than it is...

Exactly there is no problem, people just making it wayyy harder than it is...

From a personal experience of being a cricket gaming fan in North America, it's always good to have options.

Unfortunately we don't have the option of walking in to Gamestop or EB Games and walking out with a cricket game in hand on the day of release.

But based on Ross' response looks like Tru Blu have a plan in place for releasing DBC 14 in North America so will wait to see how things unfold.

Last edited:
From a personal experience of being a cricket gaming fan in North America, it's always good to have options.

Unfortunately we don't have the option of walking in to Gamestop or EB Games and walking out with a cricket game in hand on the day of release.

Yes but not all the release info is known yet and theres no rush to pre-order when it don't matter weather you pre-order today or on the 2nd of April. You'll get it the same time. This is like no other cricket game they are making a huge effort to get it to everywhere who wants it. Give them time :)

As far as I'm concerned I'm not particularly worried on whether we'll get the game on 3rd April or not, its still 2 weeks away atm, I can understand blockers frustration, we all want the game ASAP, however, if by some monumental f@@k up by either tru blu or UK stockists we can't get the game in UK, importing is the only option, if its gonna bit after 3rd ill wait, but to be fair its not the guy thats getting all the griefs fault, his job was to make the game, if its not out here on april 3rd I reckon my earlier statement about tru blu's sales pitch to UK distributors was closer than I realised!

Yes but not all the release info is known yet and theres no rush to pre-order when it don't matter weather you pre-order today or on the 2nd of April. You'll get it the same time. This is like no other cricket game they are making a huge effort to get it to everywhere who wants it. Give them time :)

I'm not pulling the trigger but getting all the info. See this is the process you need to follow if you are in North America for any cricket or a non-American release...

1. Wait for the release info game to be announced.

2. Check whether the game will be region locked.

3. Check whether the game will have multiple versions or game codes.

4. Check various retailers who ship to North America along with delivery charges and delivery times.

5. Wait for a week before the release for any additional info or deals.

6. Place the order factoring in price, region (in case of multiple game codes) and shipping timelines.

I am on step 4. You may have seen me pestering Ross about whether the game will have multiple game codes etc. which was step 3 ;) Being in North America you need to do your due diligence. For you it might be a simple task of going down to a local gaming store and getting your hands on the game but for it's not that simple.

As an example I have learnt that JB Hi-Fi Aus will accept credit cards as payment for shipping the game to US but can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks for delivery. Mighty Ape can ship the game on Mar 31st but only supports paypal and you will need to pay upfront. Shopto will ship the game on April 11th and it will take another 5 days or so for delivery but it will charge you only when the game is shipped. You need to at least do your homework in case things fall through and have to rely on a backup option. This is the process I'm following and it takes time as sometimes you have to exchange emails with the retailer to get some of the information related to international shipping and delivery.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not particularly worried on whether we'll get the game on 3rd April or not, its still 2 weeks away atm, I can understand blockers frustration, we all want the game ASAP, however, if by some monumental f@@k up by either tru blu or UK stockists we can't get the game in UK, importing is the only option, if its gonna bit after 3rd ill wait, but to be fair its not the guy thats getting all the griefs fault, his job was to make the game, if its not out here on april 3rd I reckon my earlier statement about tru blu's sales pitch to UK distributors was closer than I realised!

Amen :)

The problem being that it's 8 days after everybody else. Like I've said, i'm hoping that the 11th of April isn't the UK release date, time will tell I suppose.

i think it's 1-0 me (called missing 2013... "no chance")...

i don't believe the deal is signed. so shoot me.

----------

Of course, just as long as it's available to purchase at the same time as everyone else.

it's the uncertainty that's the issue. so what if it is 11th as shop to say, no biggie at all. it's the shenanigans that's annoying.

----------

You are kidding. There are many reasons why things aren't public and just because you continually call me a liar does not mean I will break an NDA to prove you wrong.

How many times do you need to repeat yourself. Seriously got zero respect for you and can only think that that is mutual. mobile off.

----------

I so wish I could tell you publicly the detail to make you look like such a dick.

----------

On second thoughts, you are doing a good enough job of that on your own.

"Wah wah wah..." so guy with information may be right and guy guessing may be wrong... big deal. Wouldn't be the first time i'm wrong, or look like a dick. STFW.

i'm just calling it as i see it based on what we've seen.

----------

be nice to know if there was any option of the steelbook with them though, no? only thing that's stopped pre-ordering with them yet.

so what if it is 11th as shop to say, no biggie at all.

It will be for me. Both AC09 & IC10 I got on day 1 release (well actually I got IC10 a few days earlier because....ShopTo) You can't deny that it would be very tough knowing that everyone else is playing the game whilst we're still waiting for it*

*Queue the ''Get a life'', ''It's just a game'' posts.

Users who are viewing this thread