Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

be nice to know if there was any option of the steelbook with them though, no? only thing that's stopped pre-ordering with them yet.

That's why i haven't yet.

It will be for me. Both AC09 & IC10 I got on day 1 release (well actually I got IC10 a few days earlier because....ShopTo) You can't deny that it would be very tough knowing that everyone else is playing the game whilst we're still waiting for it*

*Queue the ''Get a life'', ''It's just a game'' posts.

agree, it'll be annoying for sure... but ultimately a week isn't too bad. we were originally looking at placeholder dates at the end of May... and it's still well before PC release!

It will be for me. Both AC09 & IC10 I got on day 1 release (well actually I got IC10 a few days earlier because....ShopTo) You can't deny that it would be very tough knowing that everyone else is playing the game whilst we're still waiting for it*

*Queue the ''Get a life'', ''It's just a game'' posts.

Get a life, it's just a game. ;-)
Joking aside, if it bothers you, just don't go on PC for a week and put your fingers in your ears. I think it will be quite interesting to hear what people think of the game before I get my hands on it.:eek:

@Dutch do you know if shop to will deliver the game earlier if the UK date is announced as 3rd April, or is their date set in stone? Did they have steel book?

i don't believe the deal is signed. so shoot me.

The broken record continues. Just keep calling me a liar based on nothing at all. Thanks. Really appreciate it.

I guess I never said I don't beat my wife and family, based on those facts I guess you'd say I do.

Last I'll say on it because it's more than you actually deserve.

Welcome to the ignore list, you fit right in with the fonz, now if only when people quoted you they were also ignored....

----------

blockerdave
This message is hidden because blockerdave is on your ignore list.

Ahh.... that's better... now flying the friendly skies in a ****w1t free zone :)

I'm not pulling the trigger but getting all the info. See this is the process you need to follow if you are in North America for any cricket or a non-American release...

1. Wait for the release info game to be announced.

2. Check whether the game will be region locked.

3. Check whether the game will have multiple versions or game codes.

4. Check various retailers who ship to North America along with delivery charges and delivery times.

5. Wait for a week before the release for any additional info or deals.

6. Place the order factoring in price, region (in case of multiple game codes) and shipping timelines.

I am on step 4. You may have seen me pestering Ross about whether the game will have multiple game codes etc. which was step 3 ;) Being in North America you need to do your due diligence. For you it might be a simple task of going down to a local gaming store and getting your hands on the game but for it's not that simple.

As an example I have learnt that JB Hi-Fi Aus will accept credit cards as payment for shipping the game to US but can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks for delivery. Mighty Ape can ship the game on Mar 31st but only supports paypal and you will need to pay upfront. Shopto will ship the game on April 11th and it will take another 5 days or so for delivery but it will charge you only when the game is shipped. You need to at least do your homework in case things fall through and have to rely on a backup option. This is the process I'm following and it takes time as sometimes you have to exchange emails with the retailer to get some of the information related to international shipping and delivery.

That was very helpful. Thank you.

No one else querying the price on ShopTo? That's the main thing that's got me sceptical with regards to the release date on their site. Otherwise they're very good with prices, preorders and everything else.

That was very helpful. Thank you.

You are welcome

----------

@Dutch do you know if shop to will deliver the game earlier if the UK date is announced as 3rd April, or is their date set in stone? Did they have steel book?

Shopto are one of the best retailers in shipping the game by release date, but their shipping will depend on when they get the stock and what the release date is for UK.

No one else querying the price on ShopTo? That's the main thing that's got me sceptical with regards to the release date on their site. Otherwise they're very good with prices, preorders and everything else.

Their price is consistent with what has been seen in other regions and in the same ballpark as other UK retailers (base.com and gamexchange.co.uk).

The broken record continues. Just keep calling me a liar based on nothing at all. Thanks. Really appreciate it.

I guess I never said I don't beat my wife and family, based on those facts I guess you'd say I do.

Last I'll say on it because it's more than you actually deserve.

Welcome to the ignore list, you fit right in with the fonz, now if only when people quoted you they were also ignored....

----------

blockerdave
This message is hidden because blockerdave is on your ignore list.

Ahh.... that's better... now flying the friendly skies in a fishw1t free zone :)
Surely a bit of an overreaction? Whatever you think of the UK release or Blocker's reaction and recent posts, he actually talks sense most of the time and makes good points about the game and marketing. It's not as if he's a real troll like the fonz who should be ignored.

Surely a bit of an overreaction? Whatever you think of the UK release or Blocker's reaction and recent posts, he actually talks sense most of the time and makes good points about the game and marketing. It's not as if he's a real troll like the fonz who should be ignored.

I concur. Blocker can't be termed a troll. Yup, he may have a different opinion regarding the UK release but he isn't in the same category as trolls.

i knew i loved you for a reason...

----------

I concur. Blocker can't be termed a troll. Yup, he may have a different opinion regarding the UK release but he isn't in the same category as trolls.

you too...

The wholesale price of the game is going to be at minimum ?37* (according to my source) so they're probably trying to make every penny they can on it.

*That's with a middle-man, so a few quid less direct from distributors I'd guess

Last edited:
I'm not pulling the trigger but getting all the info. See this is the process you need to follow if you are in North America for any cricket or a non-American release...

Snipped to not clutter.

Top post. As someone in the same situation I know I'll probably get it a little late but that's what I get to moving to a non cricketing nation :lol

I reckon we will end up with a decent option to pick it up here :nod

Users who are viewing this thread