Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

I've messaged Game Birmingham a couple of times on Twitter. They're usually very good at replying to stock requests but I haven't had a reply with this, I'm wondering if this is because they don't have it.

EDIT: I've just had a Webchat with Game and they said that the Birmingham Bullring store appeared to have low stock and suggested I make contact with them again on Monday when they'd do another stock check and reserve a copy if possible. Sigh...

Last edited:
DBC 14 out of stock is one of the best things to happen. This means next time a cricket game comes out, distributors and retailers would be more likely to get it. Also, I can see another publisher coming out with a cricket game in the near future based on the success of DBC 14.

DBC 14 out of stock is one of the best things to happen. This means next time a cricket game comes out, distributors and retailers would be more likely to get it. Also, I can see another publisher coming out with a cricket game in the near future based on the success of DBC 14.

Not sure on that. Being out of stock just means people can't buy it: how is that a good thing? Charting low means even less profile (If it's high in the charts, people can see it and they also assume it's good).
Less sales mean that other people see that cricket games don't sell well, and don't make them because they see they are not successful.

I see what you're getting at, but shops being out of stock helps no-one.

Not sure on that. Being out of stock just means people can't buy it: how is that a good thing? Charting low means even less profile (If it's high in the charts, people can see it and they also assume it's good).
Less sales mean that other people see that cricket games don't sell well, and don't make them because they see they are not successful.

I see what you're getting at, but shops being out of stock helps no-one.

Good thing from the sense that people call in or ask retailers about a game which they don't have and when they check it's out of stock. It surely has to register more compared to them ordering say 10 copies and selling 7 of them. At the very least when the next cricket game comes along, or maybe next iteration of DBC, someone is more likely to recall how the previous game was stocked on the lower side and it did sell out whatever copies retailers initially ordered.

I had a web based conversation with GAME this morning, they under estimated the demand for Don Bradman's Cricket, and are expecting more stock to come back in after the Easter holidays,

As of now, no stock in Newark, Nottingham, Lincoln, Mansfield, Leicester or Skegness.

Normal online sites where you can buy games such as Tesco, Asda, Zavvi, The Hut, Simply Games don't even have the game listed.

Something has defiantly gone amiss with the UK release, not sure who's to blame though ?

Ashes cricket 2014 ? Marketing ? England's dismal tour of Australia

It would be great if people could help me complete the list of places that don't have it so I can pass this along as a serious concern.

Town names or any other identification would be great, particularly for Game as I can then make a stronger point.

My one's in Rhyl, I know a few people who I could encourage to buy it. None in my other local shop either (it's an independent store who won't know about it)

My local Game told me that they only stocked pre-ordered copies...

Not surprising for Scotland tbh: even in Edinburgh. I'vve seen none in the game on Union Street (Glasgow); which is OK for me because I was never going to buy it in store...

It is quite simple. Other than the half dozen online retailers, and patchy availablility from GAME stores, no-one is selling this game in the UK.

The game has not been advertised in the UK. Outside of these forums, no-one in the UK knows about this game.

Tru Blu = epic fail.

I refer you to my original post. :(

I think that will change but the key is making sure there is availability if and when people do hear about it. Hence Ross asking for specifics of stores without stock etc.

It's not Tru blu's fault, they are not in the UK , however this is not good enough and I will be trying my best to apply pressure so that it's sorted asap.

Surely the main issue is that UK retailers didn't believe the game would sell because of the name, the Ashes defeat and Ashes Cricket 13.

Yes, all of that is true, I didn't think cricket fans were that shallow and I think the demand shows that to be at least somewhat true.

Users who are viewing this thread