Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

GAME will not be stocking DON BRADMAN cricket 14- what I was told the publisher is not willing send them stock...

RoSS!!!!!! It almost Thursday and when is you publisher going to come out with the release date info to the U.K...

So...what the crack with Game? Someone has pre-ordered, another has said they've been told Game won't be stocking it...?

GAME will not be stocking DON BRADMAN cricket 14- what I was told the publisher is not willing send them stock...

what's your source for this? given that someone here just said they pre-ordered from GAME Leeds and I spoke to someone in GAME Welwyn Garden City the other week and they said they would have stock, albeit limited and wouldn't take pre-orders.

Just spoke to a Game rep myself and was told he's "70% certain" they won't be taking stock of the game because "there isn't any demand for it". Not sure whether to give any credence to what he had to say. Confused

Just spoke to Game on the blower, who said it should be available to pre-order at mosts stores, but they're still in talks with the publisher as to whether they will stock it or not.

Just spoke to a Game rep myself and was told he's "70% certain" they won't be taking stock of the game because "there isn't any demand for it". Not sure whether to give any credence to what he had to say. Confused

they've obviously not seen it on shopto - number 3 for xbox pre-orders and number 1 for ps3!!

on a serious note... if this is true regarding GAME it might have something to do with the lack of distribution info... i struggle to believe they're not stocking due to low demand it may be another retailer such as amazon or a supermarket is getting exclusivity and maybe shopto have it as 11 Apr in order to get the import from a foreign distributor? #entirelyspeculation

they've obviously not seen it on shopto - number 3 for xbox pre-orders and number 1 for ps3!!

on a serious note... if this is true regarding GAME it might have something to do with the lack of distribution info... i struggle to believe they're not stocking due to low demand it may be another retailer such as amazon or a supermarket is getting exclusivity and maybe shopto have it as 11 Apr in order to get the import from a foreign distributor? #entirelyspeculation

Yup good point. The lack of of "demand" is what confused me based on the ShopTo preorder charts, as you mentioned. And ShopTo isn't just some run of the mill website, so if you're doing well for sales there I'd presume you're doing pretty well in general.

Low demand because there's no pre orders because there's low demand?

Indeed if demand is actually an issue, they should only do orders and just keep an empty box on the shelf. Why wouldn't you do the one thing that lets you gauge demand?

I suspect it's just an easy way of saying "we haven't a clue", and would rather say something vague than just say they haven't received information yet.

We're done with that. Any more from anyone and it's a week off.

Sorry mate not really one to create trouble and get into such off topic discussion if caused any inconvenience I am sorry about that.

It has been a week since the official date announcement, we were told a uk deal was done and only needed approval for announcement and it was imminent. We're still waiting and there's a lot of conflicting information coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:

How can there be any demand for a game that most cricket lovers haven't heard of and don't know exists?

Users who are viewing this thread