Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

There won't be any demand for a game that most cricket lovers haven't heard of and don't know exists.

Who to blame for less marketing ??

Who to blame for less marketing ??

I think they did there part in Aus and dealer in UK should do some public sessions to create awareness. I dont understand UK market but I think people will buy cricket game like crazy as they are cricket lovers.

Once again like I said few days ago some internet marketing will not hurt anyone but trublu some how totally avoided this.

From my experience most people aren't aware of the game, but as Ross has stated many times he doesn't have the budget to educate the masses. 'Slow and steady', has been the phrase most used and it'll be the type of game that will be bought by people after reading reviews or hearing about how good it is from mates. If it is the only cricket game on the market until the next DBC release then it will sell for the duration, especially if there are updates and DLC.

Last edited:
From my experience most people aren't aware of the game, but as Ross has stated many times he doesn't have the budget to educate the masses. 'Slow and steady', has been the phrase most used and it'll be the type of game that will be bought by people after reading reviews or hearing about how good it is from mates. If it is the only cricket game on the market until the DBC release then it will sell for the duration, especially if there are updates and DLC.

I can't see how it won't be a success in the U.K.
Due to poor marketing in the U.K., in my opinion, sales will start slow and increase as games, and other magazines review the game and news is spread by by word of mouth. I can see it being a bit hit this summer and, from what I have seen so far, it deserves to be.

Last edited:
How can there be any demand for a game that most cricket lovers haven't heard of and don't know exists?

Yes it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I don't know what the absolute sales are for shopto maybe 3rd on Xbox there is only 10 copies... But being 3rd on Xbox and 1st on ps3 for pre-orders there indicates some demand.

Interestingly i couldn't see it in their overall preorder top 10 suggesting they are doing splendid next gen business

All i know is the leeds store manager will be getting it & has been tryimg to get a pre-order code for it since xmas. I told him of the release date amd he confirmed to me on twitter today that you can pre-order it in store. So i did!! May be its going to be in selected stores only??

There are ways that wouldn't have cost the earth. They had to throw some money at the marketing.
Surely the BigAnt team deserved better marketing than they have received?

Last edited:
All i know is the leeds store manager will be getting it & has been tryimg to get a pre-order code for it since xmas. I told him of the release date amd he confirmed to me on twitter today that you can pre-order it in store. So i did!! May be its going to be in selected stores only??

Can I ask where you received the 4th April release date from? Thanks.

From my experience most people aren't aware of the game, but as Ross has stated many times he doesn't have the budget to educate the masses. 'Slow and steady', has been the phrase most used and it'll be the type of game that will be bought by people after reading reviews or hearing about how good it is from mates. If it is the only cricket game on the market until the next DBC release then it will sell for the duration, especially if there are updates and DLC.

as discussed in another thread they don't have a budget for major advertising set pieces but they should be doing more to publicise the game via social media, their use of which is archaic and amateur

There's enough collateral created already for them to educate the masses via twitter/FB but they don't want to know, they have a "this is what we always do" attitude

just out of curiosity how much did EA, Codies or others market their cricket titles?
How much aware were people during the release of those Titles?

I think we can all agree that the lack of social media use has been shocking, even Ross will, but outside of that I don't see much call for a massive fanfare.

Users who are viewing this thread