Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

just out of curiosity how much did EA, Codies or others market their cricket titles?
How much aware were people during the release of those Titles?

Not to be an a-hole but what someone did 10, 7, even 4 years ago is irrelevant. The social media marketing has been revolutionised in the mean time and the marketing of this has been the equivalent of a guy walking down Oxford street wearing a sandwich board

Not to be an a-hole but what someone did 10, 7, even 4 years ago is irrelevant. The social media marketing has been revolutionised in the mean time and the marketing of this has been the equivalent of a guy walking down Oxford street wearing a sandwich board

That might actually be a good idea!
I'm prepared to wear a 'Don Bradman Cricket 14' T shirt if there are any freebies going.

Last edited:

Saying: 'Golf Cricket Sale'?

Tru Blu has just made 2 tweets recently concerning DBC14.
I think youtube ads should be used as a major tool.

no im just curious to what they did, not going to compare the social media marketing bit obviously as it has been agreed by most of us here that it has been underused, i was just asking that in relation to people asking for mass education marketing.
Frankly i cant see what they could have done extra other than buzzing in social media(though it would have helped a lot in promoting the game for a very low cost) and get sure results.So the reason why im interested to know what EA did since there was not much of Social media stuff.

Last edited:
Dont really take massive massive budgets to do campaign on social media and youtube and all and not doing it for a game is nearly criminal in my opinion.

I dont think average fans should be compared with members of PC (and by even that I mean few active members) most of people here as well ask basic questions which we just know because we are following the game passionately for a while now. People outside PC are just not at all educated about DBC.

Wow. Two tweets. One announcing the release date and another about the steel book in India. That'll set the pulses racing.

Well I don't know what it really means in terms of figures but the fact is that DBC is the number one pre order at a number of online shops so I am sure there is a growing awareness both with companies and with potential customers that this is happening, that it has nowt to do with Ashes 2013 and that people are genuinely enthusiastic and welcoming about the coming game.

Well I don't know what it really means in terms of figures but the fact is that DBC is the number one pre order at a number of online shops so I am sure there is a growing awareness both with companies and with potential customers that this is happening, that it has nowt to do with Ashes 2013 and that people are genuinely enthusiastic and welcoming about the coming game.

It makes you wonder what could have been achieved with a bit more marketing!
I enjoyed the recent IGN video but found the commentary annoying to say the least. I would have liked to have seen people other than novices playing the game.
There are plenty of video games magazines and cricket magazines in the U.K. and elsewhere. Shouldn't the game have been distributed to them months ago?

Last edited:
It makes you wonder what could have been achieved with a bit more marketing!
I enjoyed the recent IGN video but found the commentary annoying to say the least. I would have liked to have seen people other than novices playing the game.
There are plenty of video games magazines in the U.K. and elsewhere. Should the game have been distributed to them months ago?

Well Tru Blue are going for the word of mouth track: they haven't the budget and there isn't necessarily the enthusiasm for cricket games that allows for anything else without spending masses of resources on it. The game will get out there, people will love it, talk about it on forums, social media etcetera and get the word out there. More people will walk into shops and want it......whether it is a sound strategy I know not.

Well Tru Blue are going for the word of mouth track: they haven't the budget and there isn't necessarily the enthusiasm for cricket games that allows for anything else without spending masses of resources on it. The game will get out there, people will love it, talk about it on forums, social media etcetera and get the word out there. More people will walk into shops and want it......whether it is a sound strategy I know not.

I don't know much about TruBlu but from what I have seen they are quite a small player in the market. I suggest they will remain a small player with such a strange, outdated attitude.
The game will succeed but no thanks to the poor marketing of TruBlu.

IMO, it is a bit strange that GAME are only taking instore pre orders at some GAME stores they would usually list online so more people get the chance to pre order because there is interest as shopto has indicated. I am still going by this statement from game:
"" I can confirm our buying department are in talks with the publisher as to whether we will be stocking this product. Please bear with us while this discussion is finalized as an update will be present on the website in the next week or so"
If it does not show up on GAME then i will buy from amazon worst case scenario i can pre order from shopto :cheers

I just got this from my local game, ''I've just checked our new release schedule and its not in there. It is however on our till system but i cant guarantee its the correct pre-order codes''

It isn't only social media that can provide free advertising, I'm sure if you gave The Cricketer and All Out Cricket magazines a free review copy and maybe a copy or three for a few of their staff then they'd do a feature on it or at the very least give it some column space. From a quick browse of their sites between them they can reach 100,000 people interested in cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread