Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

My feelings towards the whole UK release are a bit of a mixed bag.

On the one hand I am disappointed at the way it has been handled. Here we are, two weeks from the (rest of the world) release date and we still have no definitive (and of course official) answer. That, coupled with the myriad of dates being given by retailers (some of which are based on information received directly from the publisher), makes it not only confusing but also, from the eye of a layman (which in this case is the customer), very unprofessional. All the talk of a simultaneous world release and the UK being the 2nd largest market, although not issues by themselves, probably didn't help their cause in the end either.

On the flip side and putting to one side all the 'we're so lucky that Ross is on here keeping us update' stuff (which we are, but it isn't relevant to this), I personally look at Ross as a middle man/messenger, and as the old saying goes, "don't shoot the messenger". To what degree you think he is culpable is entirely down to you, but I personally think he hasn't done too much wrong and it is Tru Blu who should bear the brunt of the abuse, but with them not being on here (or easily contactable or willing to converse with the general public) it is going to be Ross who is going to take all the blame, which is the downside to coming on a forum and being so open in the first place.

We can all debate how it could have been done better until we're blu(e) in the face and I'd hope that some of that would register with Ross and Tru Blu for future releases, but, as it remains, we still don't have a release date and, for me, that needs to be remedied sharpish, regardless of when the release date is.

Are they doing online pre-order? And do they ship overseas?

It should be online in a few days as all stores are selling it

Think they do

----------

I checked not long ago and it wasnt on their site as of yet.

How much did you pay @RedskinsUK?

Might end up getting someone to buy me it back home, would be the same game infact, and send me it.

?5 deposit not sure in total but i got Game vouchers

Does 7 days really matter all that much, honestly I think it's taking up way too much space in the lexicon of the board to be honest. Love a dog with a bone, but the vitriol aimed at Ross, the constant requirement to whinge about some miniscule element of the release date is past the point of comedy for me now...

39 pages in on this thread and the same stuff is being debated as on page 2. So much mis-information and bullshit it's astounding, I think we're maybe, just maybe coming across to @Ross and his team as a little entitled and a little weird now... Which I don't think is the intention of some, certainly not you, but I'd read the room and take the fact he's actively blocking your posts now as kinda a subtle hint that you've maybe pushed the barge out too far.

Whether you get the game at the same time, or a few days after everyone else, really doesn't matter. We know when we're getting the game now, which is a vast improvement on the past 18 months. Whether we agree with how it's all been handled, we DO agree it's a fantastic looking game and I'd really, genuinely suggest, letting bygones be bygones and moving into a slightly more positive "lets get pumped about the game arriving in the UK" or whatever, because the whinging-brit cliche has been thoroughly fufilled in the 39 pages of the thread and while I'm sure it's frustrating to think you might get the game a few days behind everyone else, that's exactly what happens in many nations around the world and you certainly wouldn't get 39 pages of ring-around-the-rosey from me if it was arriving in NZ a few days after Australia, because we deal with that release shit all the time.

Not having a go, just think we've reached a natural conclusion to this storm in a teacup and could all probably do with handing around the humble pie, taking a bite and moving on. @Ross included.

Blocking people sucks, regardless of how bigger asshole they are/aren't but in life ignoring someone only wastes your own valuable time and effort and I certainly don't think Blocker is worth the effort it takes to block someone, so to speak. All things considered, he's a pretty down to earth guy, even if he does get stuck on some small tiny thing and beat it until it's a withered husk of a horse... It would be a shame for @BigAntStudios to miss out on all the nice, funny shit @blockerdave has to say about the game when it is out and being enjoyed.

#JustSayin

...far be it from me to be the voice of reason, which is certainly not my M.O around here, but even I can break character and broker a peace deal.

Great post Biggs I must say.

In the end I do hope all goes well but as you have said waiting longer for a game these days happens all the time, even cricket games(IC2010) So lets hope Ross and Blocker make up and we can enjoy the next 12 days before release.:thumbs

IMO, most of us are celebratin' #justsayin

Welcome back Biggs, I know you must have heavily edited that quote because the word liar wasn't in there and it was positive. Bottom line if I was going to lie, which I have no intention of doing, I'd make it a ****in good one not the trivial drivel that's been spouted here on *every* page.

----------

Working my way forward and just caught your post.

Gave blockhead plenty of opportunity to retract his "opinion as fact mentality" but it did not eventuate. I accept opinion, have done for the entire journey, but the one consistent thing that I've traded on is that I've been as open and honest as I can be, if I'm wrong in my forecasts as I have been then I wear it and come back in here and cop my licks, when I'm not I don't expect too.

----------

@kasabian21 I understand the frustration however I always intimated that it could be a campaign as little as two weeks in length.

For sure, none of this is really any of your doing but my post was aimed less at you and more at the general populace to ease up, lest we become a whiney bunch of internet assholes. Which is clearly, not the intention of the majority. Blocker gets a bit carried away sometimes, plenty of evidence to support that, but 72.4% of the time he's a decent bloke. "Blocking" people is pretty dumb, IMO it's easy enough to bypass the idiots. You're better than that, basically...

@kasabian21 I understand the frustration however I always intimated that it could be a campaign as little as two weeks in length.

You certainly have so no-one can really argue with that. I'm sure the frustration we feel is equalled (if not topped) by the frustration you feel at not being able to give us details.

Not sure if you're allowed to answer question like this, but how many units sold (until the next DBC) would equal a success in you eyes? Feel free to be as vague as you like. Also, do you have any ideas about how well previous cricket titles have sold?

We'll have to agree to disagree. You and I had a reasonable sized run in, didn't need blocking.

My list of six blocks is reasonable, especially as four of them are banned anyway. I'm happy to not read the 27.6% of the posts that are calling me a liar. Anyway time to move on.

Sorry for boring everyone.

----------

You certainly have so no-one can really argue with that. I'm sure the frustration we feel is equalled (if not topped) by the frustration you feel at not being able to give us details.

Not sure if you're allowed to answer question like this, but how many units sold (until the next DBC) would equal a success in you eyes? Feel free to be as vague as you like. Also, do you have any ideas about how well previous cricket titles have sold?

I'm committed to the franchise regardless. There will be more.

Of course the more that are purchased the better the next one will be.

I'm committed to the franchise regardless. There will be more.

Of course the more that are purchased the better the next one will be.

Yeh if that next one could include sweat bands for bowlers, then that'd be great...kthx.

You and I had a reasonable sized run in, didn't need blocking.

It's because when I piss people off, it's endearingly charming, witty and mirth-based.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah woah woah woah lets not get ahead of ourselves.

The next MUST include tapping the bat. Its that the people want ;)

Not having a go at you...but the number of people on Facebook who complained about the lack of bat tapping is insane. The first minute of the IGN video is basically all bat-tapping!

Users who are viewing this thread