Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Pre-Ordered

I pre-ordered mine on Saturday from Game.co.uk and the release date on there was the 4th April. I have also ordered an Xbox 360 and a membership to Xbox Live. Fingers crossed everything comes

What place should I order the game from to get it delivered to France ?

(I don't know anything about the UK game retailers)

I actually found a french game retailer selling it on twitter, cannot remember who though and given it was a week ago trawling through loads of twitter mentions would be near impossible.

play.com, amazon.co.uk and game.co.uk are the big ones that are most reputable. I think most people have good experiences with game. there's always traders that operate through ebay of course.

Don't forget Game too.;)

Yeah, did put GAME in there too. That's instore, I don't trust game's website. Found it quite unreliabe when it comes to delivery. So incase amazon/shopto fails to ship my order on time, I'll just pop into GAME and grab one myself from the shelf.

I phoned Game earlier and they claim not to have anything on the system regarding this game. Amazon have now put the release date to 24th May 2014 :noway

the amazon pages look like placeholders from other retailers that operate through amazon. this isn't the same as buying from amazon themselves so you will be at the mercy of an independent retailer, meaning the costs could be higher (to make up for the fee they have to pay amazon) and they might not have deals organised so they can send the game before it's released to get to you in time for the release.

one of them even looks like it's going to import the game so be aware that even though you're buying through amazon UK you might be waiting until the game arrives from australia.

if I'm being dense and missing a placeholder where amazon.co.uk are taking pre-orders then feel free to call me a dunce.

the amazon pages look like placeholders from other retailers that operate through amazon. this isn't the same as buying from amazon themselves so you will be at the mercy of an independent retailer, meaning the costs could be higher (to make up for the fee they have to pay amazon) and they might not have deals organised so they can send the game before it's released to get to you in time for the release.

one of them even looks like it's going to import the game so be aware that even though you're buying through amazon UK you might be waiting until the game arrives from australia.

if I'm being dense and missing a placeholder where amazon.co.uk are taking pre-orders then feel free to call me a dunce.

The "Import" ones that appear at the top of the search results are unofficial AFAIK. They are using artwork borrowed from Mighty Ape, so don't look like the proper listings.

Much more plausible are the NEW ones that have recently appeared with the distributor listed as "Alternative Software", who have handled HES's previous titles in the UK: They currently list release as April 11th.

thanks. yes i saw the Alternative Software earlier, only didn't pot here as i didn't see a date it was still "sign up to be notified when available", so it's interesting if they're putting 11th because that has been added today...

i'd point out again we're still relying on retailers info having been told nothing official, and we've been told many times not to take retailers word (unless it suits @Ross) and wonder what sort of "strategy" this is but i've moved on, haven't i?

edit: @Chief - it's still showing "sign up to notified when available" to me - where did you see 11th?

thanks. yes i saw the Alternative Software earlier, only didn't pot here as i didn't see a date it was still "sign up to be notified when available", so it's interesting if they're putting 11th because that has been added today...

i'd point out again we're still relying on retailers info having been told nothing official, and we've been told many times not to take retailers word (unless it suits @Ross) and wonder what sort of "strategy" this is but i've moved on, haven't i?

It's hard to move on without closure, surely?!

I still don't know which way to turn. Wait for Amazon until the end of the week? Go for ShopTo in the hope I'll get early? Or plump for Game with a chance of getting a steelbook? Decisions, decisions.

@blockerdave - scroll down a bit to see the 11th release date

Last edited:
personally I'm going for game, I just think they're least likely to mess up and make promises they can't forfill, I'm happy enough waiting until the release date. really, I don't really care if it's a few days late as long as I have it for the beginnning of the week

personally I'm going for game, I just think they're least likely to mess up and make promises they can't forfill, I'm happy enough waiting until the release date. really, I don't really care if it's a few days late as long as I have it for the beginnning of the week

Ditto

Im gonna order it net week( poor me every one has already seamed to ordered without me :noway:noway:noway:spy)

i've ordered from shopto but if they do not change the date by the end of the week i will switch to GAME

Do keep us posted regarding Shopto. I would like to order from them too in case there's no North American retailer, as long as Shopto is shipping it by April 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread