Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Because it's a bloody cricket game not GTA or Fifa. :facepalm

Most gamers don't give a crap about a cricket game.

Have you got an attitude problem smart arse?
Don't you think that the game should be advertised then?
Oh, and you are wrong, many gamers are very interested in DB Cricket 2014 and it's chart success will show just how wrong you are.

Last edited:
Have to say you don't expect this level of uncertainty so late in the release cycle. The game is supposed to release on April 3rd and today's March 24th (or 25th in Aus) and we still have retailers in the biggest market for a cricket game giving out contradictory information.

At the very least Tru Blu should come out with a presser stating what's the true picture. Even if it's April 11th for UK, come out and say so. All this contradictory and incorrect information reflects poorly on Tru Blu.

And what about the marketing and PR blitz that was supposed to kick off over the "last 2 weeks" of the game's release? Is it still not the final 2 weeks before the game's release? Or do these magical "2 weeks" mean the same as "Early September" did to Mike Fegan? It's to be noted we still have not seen any official or unofficial gameplay video of DBC 14 from the final version of the game (with Day 1 patch).

Agree. The lack of usa release info does not bother me as much as lack of solid info regarding uk release as that was where i was planning to import the game from anyway.

Last edited:
it's strategy AJ, and it's worked. that's official...

----------

could you pm me the pre-order code so i can contact my store about it?

Well I could tomorrow if that would help. Can't see it being any trouble for me I wouldn't think

I agree its a shambles block but again I don't put the blame in bigant, not because I'm a sycophant, far from it, but remember how open and how we saw vids etc when bigant were in charge, IMO its tru blu we have to be disappointed with, and even though Riss has defended them, I wouldn't expect him to do anything but, he has a contract with them and a relationship, its like if your wife's a pain in the ass, you can say so, but no one else can! The only way we will know if bigant are happy with tru blu after this is if they work with them again once the current deal is finished, and even then I wouldn't expect bigant to publicly blast tru blu because it lacks integrity to do so. You don't air your dirty linen in public, and things should be dealt with in house.

I'm blame both. I agree trublu are likely calling the shots but you've got the head of big ant saying it's the strategy, it's worked and he agrees with it. Ergo, he shares the blame. It's also his words regarding a 2 week marketing blitz that now could only be 9 days max.

you've got the head of big ant saying it's the strategy, it's worked and he agrees with it.

Could it be that by "worked" he might have meant "worked commercially" for them. They might have made sales to retailers in line with their expectations (or maybe even more).

The main question for me is: Why are Game advertising the 4th and everyone else advertising the 11th?

Surely they deal with the same people and are all equally kept in the loop? Didn't Game come in late, with talks only starting and finishing last week? So confusing.

Could it be that by "worked" he might have meant "worked commercially" for them. They might have made sales to retailers in line with their expectations (or maybe even more).

Well duh. Of course that's what it means. My argument is sales are in spite of whatever they've done, not thanks to what they've done.

The collateral hosted and hyped by planet cricket, the word of mouth by PC members, people wanting to at a damn cricket game after being promised 2 and getting none...

Not telling people where and when they can buy your product is not a strategy.

Have to agree about the marketing being poor. Most of the internet presence of DBC is due to PlanetCricket forums. Until a couple of week's back, all DBC info was redirected to PC forums. There has been close to NO activity on facebook (probably twitter too). Maybe they don't think social media is an effective marketing tool :rolleyes

Just by personal experience, I had also "Liked" South Park: Stick of Truth game (amazing game btw). A month before the release (after being delayed repeatedly), they went crazy with the facebook activity. There were almost daily updates reminding facebook-ers to pre-order the games. There were links on where to pre-order from. There were posts on what bonuses can be availed from pre-ordering. And ofcourse posts on what features are included on the game. a true media "blitz" reminding fans that the game is coming and making it easy for them to buy the game.

So, Yeah ! Comparitively, the promotional strategy from DBC team has been pretty meek.

Add to that, the chaos over UK release just makes things worse. UK is still the second biggest market for the game (Right?). And UK release is also critical for North American fans.

To give them credit they are only a very small developer and Iv seen worse campaigns for much bigger games lol;)

Then it worked for them. Not sure why you would keep making sarcastic comments on that point by @Ross again and again.

because there wasn't a grand strategy... any sales are in spite of that and... oh the rest of my last post that you were too dense to understand.

----------

Most of the internet presence of DBC is due to PlanetCricket forums.

you see @Pat... it's like this... oh what's the point.

Have you got an attitude problem smart arse?
Don't you think that the game should be advertised then?
Oh, and you are wrong, many gamers are very interested in DB Cricket 2014 and it's chart success will show just how wrong you are.

Yes I have got an attitude problem when someone talks absolute shite.

Yes the game should be advertised, but expecting to walk into game and see some big fan fare for the release of a "cricket" game is ridiculous

Next you will be expecting queues outside game at midnight before release.:facepalm

It's bloody cricket mate, yeah we all hope it does well but be realistic, it ain't ever gonna be challenging Fifa or Cod for advertising space is it.

To give them credit they are only a very small developer and Iv seen worse campaigns for much bigger games lol;)

I don't think folks are blaming developers at all. It's the publisher (Tru Blu) who should be clear in its communication.

I contacted 365games.co.uk to enquire about release date. As today 24/03 they have it as 11/04 rather than 04/04. Obviously that may change if they get further details from the publisher Tru Blu. They have it at ?42.99 for both PS3 & Xbox.

Their e-mail is quoted below. I have included their postage dates for information if it helps anyone.

Dear Sir,

I can confirm that is a pre-order item due for release on 11/04.

This item will be sent out to you as soon as we get it in ourselves, this could be either on or a couple of days before the release date. Please allow the estimated delivery times to receive your item.

? UK 1ST Class ? 1-2 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? UK 2ST Class ? 2-5 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? European Countries ? 3-7 working days excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? Rest of the World, Australia, USA and New Zealand ? 4-10 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)

Many Thanks,
Customer Service Agent
365games.co.uk

So it seems that only Game are openly quoting 04/04 amongst the UK retailers currently.

Last edited:
because there wasn't a grand strategy... any sales are in spite of that and... oh the rest of my last post that you were too dense to understand.

----------

you see @Pat... it's like this... oh what's the point.

Mr. dense, you seem to be an expert in twisting words. I am merely stating that if they have made enough sales, @Ross is within his rights to say it has "worked" for them without being questioned/called a liar by a random guy on internet.

Users who are viewing this thread