Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

I pre ordered it in GAME on Saturday. Was advised to pre order as well as they said they won't be getting a loads of copies in. That just what I was told don't shoot the messenger.

How old was the staff member you spoke to and/or did he end his sentences with inflections upwards?

He was mid-late 20s and no but his eyebrows did move quite alot. He also said he had been following the game after the ashes balls up.

Mr. dense, you seem to be an expert in twisting words. I am merely stating that if they have made enough sales, @Ross is within his rights to say it has "worked" for them without being questioned/called a liar by a random guy on internet.

no...

He was mid-late 20s

My point was, I doubt he knows anything about stock orders or quantities shipped to the entire UK... He'll know how many his particular store is getting though, which is possibly what he was referring to.

Either way, if the game sells out in the first few weeks in the UK, pretty confident @Ross will be pretty happy.

My point was, I doubt he knows anything about stock orders or quantities shipped to the entire UK... He'll know how many his particular store is getting though, which is possibly what he was referring to.

Either way, if the game sells out in the first few weeks in the UK, pretty confident @Ross will be pretty happy.

tbf when i was in my local game a few weeks back they said something similar, and the person i spoke to seemed pretty knowledgeable and had heard of the game. but then today they're tweeting me it's not ready for pre-order, when it seems to be in other stores and on the website. so who knows? only the people who explicitly refuse to tell us.

off topic - @Biggs i like your triangles - any meaning or simply an abstraction?

Yes that is what I meant sorry I didn't make that clearer. Yes I really hope it does and think once it out and people hear about it it will. :cheers

Last edited:
Yes I have got an attitude problem when someone talks absolute shite.

Yes the game should be advertised, but expecting to walk into game and see some big fan fare for the release of a "cricket" game is ridiculous

Next you will be expecting queues outside game at midnight before release.:facepalm

It's bloody cricket mate, yeah we all hope it does well but be realistic, it ain't ever gonna be challenging Fifa or Cod for advertising space is it.

You really are a fool. Who said anything about a big fanfare, oh sorry, 'fan fare'.
A poster and a couple of empy DB boxes isn't too much to ask is it?
A lot of people here would queue outside a game retailer for a midnight release.
What are you even posting on here for if you don't like cricket? Oh yes, you can't understand rugby either can you?

You really are a fool. Who said anything about a big fanfare, oh sorry, 'fan fare'.
A poster and a couple of empy DB boxes isn't too much to ask is it?
A lot of people here would queue outside a game retailer for a midnight release.
What are you even posting on here for if you don't like cricket? Oh yes, you can't understand rugby either can you?

i think from what @Ross has said previously they have to pay for that sort of stuff and since they can't even be bothered to give the UK an official release date and a bit of clarity i doubt they want to spend money advertising it here.

Haha... Oh Zombieian...

@Lee1981 gets it more than you realize. They don't have the marketing budget you seem to think they do, they'll do most of their "Poster" based stuff in Australia as that'll where they will get the biggest return on investment. Maybe a little in NZ. Doubt they've got the budget at all to fund anything in the UK at all and as Lee quite rightly points out, this isn't a AAA release and they're not expecting to become billionaires overnight, therefore they're spending their money in a guerrilla fashion...

off topic - @Biggs i like your triangles - any meaning or simply an abstraction?

Normally my stuff has smooth rounded edges, I don't usually do stuff with aggressive corners, wanted to do something a little different and yeah, more abstract. It's a stylized combination of the letters A and B

EDIT:

Chris Gayle

Last edited:
Haha... Oh Zombieian...

@Lee1981 gets it more than you realize. They don't have the marketing budget you seem to think they do, they'll do most of their "Poster" based stuff in Australia as that'll where they will get the biggest return on investment. Maybe a little in NZ. Doubt they've got the budget at all to fund anything in the UK at all and as Lee quite rightly points out, this isn't a AAA release and they're not expecting to become billionaires overnight, therefore they're spending their money in a guerrilla fashion...

you had me until guerrilla [sic]... this is not a guerilla campaign, unless there is a deal with PC to do all the promotion for them.

this game would be a perfect opportunity for a real guerilla marketing campaign and they already have most of the collateral to do it. i would love to have seen that

Good call, they would've utilized Twitter and Facebook more effectively, I suppose. But Lee's premise is still 90% on the button, they're not going to spend loads of cash on pretty posters in the UK... Because it's cricket, not Twilight: The Game. IMO, they're much better spending that money on upgrade patches...

Good call, they would've utilized Twitter and Facebook more effectively, I suppose. But Lee's premise is still 90% on the button, they're not going to spend loads of cash on pretty posters in the UK... Because it's cricket, not Twilight: The Game. IMO, they're much better spending that money on upgrade patches...

oh agree on that totally.

I agree that its better to spend money on development and patches, but without some degree of awareness there won't be many people away from PC that know about its existence!

No-one is expecting a fanfare. No-one is even expecting a party popper or two. What we do expect, however, is an end to confusion with the release date fast approaching.

Users who are viewing this thread