Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Well, I just want to pre order the steelbook which has a 4th april release date.

It will be okay, Still plenty of time. I know people aren't happy with how it's transpired but that's how it's gone down. Just have some faith. It will be alright in the end :) :thumbs

Last edited:
Haha... Oh Zombieian...

@Lee1981 gets it more than you realize. They don't have the marketing budget you seem to think they do, they'll do most of their "Poster" based stuff in Australia as that'll where they will get the biggest return on investment. Maybe a little in NZ. Doubt they've got the budget at all to fund anything in the UK at all and as Lee quite rightly points out, this isn't a AAA release and they're not expecting to become billionaires overnight, therefore they're spending their money in a guerrilla fashion...

Normally my stuff has smooth rounded edges, I don't usually do stuff with aggressive corners, wanted to do something a little different and yeah, more abstract. It's a stylized combination of the letters A and B

EDIT:

Chris Gayle

So what is this fabled two week promotion campaign all about?
How can TruBlu expect to make a success of this game if they don't spend a small amount on marketing? They surely can't be replying on PC to do all of their marketing for them.
I don't care if Lee1981 has a point. Can't he make it in a more civilised manner?
Why do people have to call a post s**t just because they don't agree with it?

Last edited:
So what is this fabled two week promotion campaign all about?
How can TruBlu expect to make a success of this game if they don't spend a small amount on marketing? They surely can't be replying on PC to do all of their marketing for them.
I don't care if Lee1981 has a point. Can't he make it in a more civilised manner?
Why do people have to call a post s**t just because they don't agree with it?

A clarification... it's @BigAntStudios (Ross) who's doing all the hard running at PC, not Tru Blu.

What we do expect, however, is an end to confusion with the release date fast approaching.

Not wanting a row (believe it or not), by all accounts we know by the 11th we will have the game, yes it would be great to have it on the 4th and we probably still will have.

So does 7 days matter now? I reckon only blocker is really up there with myself when it comes to being critical of how this game has been handled, but to me put the bull to the side now, we know it's been handled crap, doesn't change that we will all be buying it.

----------

What did he say that was pretty sound?

Pretty much everything I say I reckon

For what it's worth, I asked nzgameshop.com what date it will be available. It's a site primarily for NZ that is usually cheaper than stores here but I believe it ships the UK versions of games which is why they are cheaper (25% cheaper for this game than the best NZ price) so they would be going by the UK release rather than NZ. This is their response:

I can confirm that item is a pre-order item due for release on 11/04.

This will be sent out to you as soon as we get it in ourselves if you have purchased this item, either on or a couple of days before the release date. Please allow the estimated delivery times to receive your item which are:

? UK ? 1-4 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? European Countries ? 6-10 working days excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? Rest of the World, Australia, USA and New Zealand ? 4-10 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)

Thinking I may order from there after the NZ release. Pre-ordering Ashes put me off ever pre-ordering a game again so in future I'll wait until games have actually realeased.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I asked nzgameshop.com what date it will be available. It's a site primarily for NZ that is usually cheaper than stores here but I believe it ships the UK versions of games which is why they are cheaper (25% cheaper for this game than the best NZ price) so they would be going by the UK release rather than NZ. This is their response:

Heads up... ozgameshop.com, nzgameshop.com and 365games.co.uk are literally the same company. You will get to know it when you send them a query and literally get the same response back ;)

I found out when I reached out to all three last week about shipping & delivery times to North America and received the same response from each of them other than the signature where they had the company name.

Ah right thanks. I knew ozgameshop were the same, but geared for Australia with prices in AUD. Didn't know about 365games.

Ah right thanks. I knew ozgameshop were the same, but geared for Australia with prices in AUD. Didn't know about 365games.

Here's the response I got from 365games...

Hi XYZ,

I can confirm that we usually estimate the following delivery times to the selected destination:
? UK 1st class ? 1-2 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? UK 2st class ? 2 -5 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? European Countries ? 3-7 working days excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)
? Rest of the World, Australia, USA and New Zealand ? 4-10 working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays)

Many Thanks,
Customer Service Agent
365games.co.uk

Not wanting a row (believe it or not), by all accounts we know by the 11th we will have the game, yes it would be great to have it on the 4th and we probably still will have.

So does 7 days matter now? I reckon only blocker is really up there with myself when it comes to being critical of how this game has been handled, but to me put the bull to the side now, we know it's been handled crap, doesn't change that we will all be buying it.

I agree, but the confusion and lack of clarity is frustrating (for me anyway). I'd love to have it on the 4th but have no problem with waiting 7 days for it; it is only a game after all.

So I put forward that I can't answer due to NDA, I effectively sit here without an ability to answer or defend, this I have explained ad nauseum.

Anyway, I'm sure no one is bored with it at all... I'm sure everyone is thinking, yeah that blocker, he's the smartest guy in the room for sure. So much to add, so much insight.

So yeah, take another free hit, yeah, you're the big man.

Just the small number of quotes I see here show a low class bitter and twisted sniper. Never has an ignore been more warranted.

So I put forward that I can't answer due to NDA, I effectively sit here without an ability to answer or defend, this I have explained ad nauseum.

Anyway, I'm sure no one is bored with it at all... I'm sure everyone is thinking, yeah that blocker, he's the smartest guy in the room for sure. So much to add, so much insight.

So yeah, take another free hit, yeah, you're the big man.

Just the small number of quotes I see here show a low class bitter and twisted sniper. Never has an ignore been more warranted.

Ross, I think you are being a bit too hard on blocker. Blocker may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's one of the few folks on here who calls spade a spade and sticks to his view instead of changing it depending on who his perceived audience is.

Sure I don't agree with all of blocker's criticism regarding the UK release aimed at you, as I put most of the blame at Tru Blu's feet, but he makes a lot of good points and IMO his feedback would be quite useful in the build-up of DBC franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread