Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

coming from the guy who preferred to pull down his pants and let Chief tickle his balls last May instead of exercising some critical faculties while watching the worst game ever be played in front of him, i reckon i'll live.

My position is simple, i don't believe the UK distribution deal is signed, or certainly wasn't when the rest of the world release announcement was made. the idea they just didn't have time to approve when "good news" was trailed almost a week in advance and the actual release trailed 48 hrs in advance is nonsense.

doesn't mean they're not an advanced stage with them, or that there is no chance of it being out in UK on 3 April or very soon after, but it does make the "it'll all be fine" attitude naive.

Blocker, even if there's no distribution deal signed and let's say DBC14 isn't released on 3rd April, you will still have pretty decent options available to get the games from NZ & Aus retailers online and you should have the game in less than a week.

TBH I was more concerned about the release date coz once the game is out anywhere in the world we can get our hands on it... as long as the game had the same game code for PS3 globally which Ross has already stated is the case. I will wait till Mar 27th for UK retailers to be on board for April 3rd delivery else I will place my preorder at JB Hifi Aus or Mightyape NZ. Maybe you can do the same.

Yeah I am checking here everyday to see if there is any information regarding pre orders in UK.

Blocker, even if there's no distribution deal signed and let's say DBC14 isn't released on 3rd April, you will still have pretty decent options available to get the games from NZ & Aus retailers online and you should have the game in less than a week.

TBH I was more concerned about the release date coz once the game is out anywhere in the world we can get our hands on it... as long as the game had the same game code for PS3 globally which Ross has already stated is the case. I will wait till Mar 27th for UK retailers to be on board for April 3rd delivery else I will place my preorder at JB Hifi Aus or Mightyape NZ. Maybe you can do the same.

Exactly still plenty of time for uk release. no worries at all :)

Will it be downloadable on psn on day 1 of release.

agreed. my concern isn't getting the game, or even the possibility of other people getting/playing the game before me (if the game released tomorrow, i'd probably wait till the end of a month and another payday to pass before buying it, as i'm horrendously skint), the concern is over when we will get some certainty here in the UK, because i simply don't buy the current "line".

bottom line, i'll have the game one way or another some time next month and that's good news.

I tried and tried for 5 days now and not able to understand what blocker is trying to say.

O captain my captain!!!

agreed. my concern isn't getting the game, or even the possibility of other people getting/playing the game before me (if the game released tomorrow, i'd probably wait till the end of a month and another payday to pass before buying it, as i'm horrendously skint), the concern is over when we will get some certainty here in the UK, because i simply don't buy the current "line".

bottom line, i'll have the game one way or another some time next month and that's good news.

We should have the info some time this week based on what Ross has said in the following post....

I have asked for a breakdown of countries and whether they will get the game direct or not, also about the special edition steel books as well.

I would rather get 100% correct answers and post a list at one time than in dribs and drabs. Hopefully I will be supplied this info early this week.

Last edited:
Ross said in another thread that hr wouldn't say until he was 100% confident as didnt want to be called a liar.

I believe us in Uk will get it confirmed this week!
Im waiting until then to ore-order my ps3 copy!!

Were not the last place to know either!

I placed the order from the above mentioned link sometime back. They said there are chances that they might ship the item before 17th April itself. Hope to get hands on the game soon. Can't wait!!

So ShopTo has changed their release date to April 14th?? (Which is a Monday) Hope that's not the date they've been given and it's just guesswork.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 | PS3 | Video Games | ShopTo

Monday is a very odd day for a UK release - Fridays are standard (Tuesdays for special cases)...

This is good though:
"Guarantee
We are so confident that you will receive Don Bradman Cricket 14 for Monday 14th of April 2014 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with ?5.00 to your account. "

Users who are viewing this thread