Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Anything after the 10th and I'll be placing my order overseas. If any of them are willing to send a few days before the release date to ensure it gets here on or just after the 3rd I'll be going with them.

what confuses me is that I thought the rather long delay after missing the targetted boxing day release was to coordinate a worldwide release date.

is it releasing anywhere except australian and NZ on the 3rd?

what confuses me is that I thought the rather long delay after missing the targetted boxing day release was to coordinate a worldwide release date.

is it releasing anywhere except australian and NZ on the 3rd?

Aus, NZ, SA, India, Singapore and Dubai/UAE on the 3rd.

Edit: Which why there is a lot of frustration. A) because a co-ordinated world release has always been touted, b) because the UK is the second largest market and c) because of the length of time we've all had to wait for the game to come out. Luckily those outside of the UK have a date.

Of course, it still could come out on the 3rd and Ross has hinted at this heavily, but still being in the dark is frustrating as sin.

Last edited:
Of course, it still could come out on the 3rd and Ross has hinted at this heavily, but still being in the dark is frustrating as sin.

This is why i'm not worried at all at the moment if it got the end of this week with still no news then i would be but still alot of time..

This is why i'm not worried at all at the moment if it got the end of this week with still no news then i would be but still alot of time..

You will be playing the game on April 3 itself . :cheers

Aus should be playing the game upwards of a week early if TruBlu's record of breaking street date keeps up.

Last edited:

I can understand both sides equally, both optimistic and pessimistic, in relation to the UK release date.

I think the major concern is still being in the dark. If you look at a brief history of what has happened then it is easy to see why.

- A trailer last year with xx/09/13 release date on it

- Being told 100% it would release in 2013

- Being told a boxing day release date was close to happening

- Being told we'd have an exact date at the end of January

- Still not getting an exact date, despite all the other major countries having (the same) one.

The above is not a dig at Ross or Big Ant at all, it's simply to illustrate how and why people are continuing to question what is going on and whether the UK will have an April 3rd release date. Granted, only the last one is applicable solely to UK customers, but it is clear to see why tensions are so high. We are all aware of external factors that impacted upon DBC14 and I think we all accept them and want Ross to do the best for his game and future franchise, but it being two and half weeks until the 3rd is going to make people question it.

On the flip side though, there is still enough time and Ross is an honest guy who we know pulls no punches, so we've just got to continue to trust what he has said and not berate the sh1t out of him until the UK release date is confirmed as being after the 3rd :D

i thought we had the "Symons Guarantee" strong hint the deal was done, stock was shipped and there'd be no delay?

... which he almost certainly wouldn't have done unless he was pretty damn sure of it.

The only potential reason I can see it going later in the UK is to give the Aussies a week of extra practice. :)

On the flip side though, there is still enough time and Ross is an honest guy who we know pulls no punches, so we've just got to continue to trust what he has said and not berate the sh1t out of him until the UK release date is confirmed as being after the 3rd :D

Totally agree mate :)

I can understand both sides equally, both optimistic and pessimistic, in relation to the UK release date.

I think the major concern is still being in the dark. If you look at a brief history of what has happened then it is easy to see why.

- A trailer last year with xx/09/13 release date on it

- Being told 100% it would release in 2013

- Being told a boxing day release date was close to happening

- Being told we'd have an exact date at the end of January

- Still not getting an exact date, despite all the other major countries having (the same) one.

The above is not a dig at Ross or Big Ant at all, it's simply to illustrate how and why people are continuing to question what is going on and whether the UK will have an April 3rd release date. Granted, only the last one is applicable solely to UK customers, but it is clear to see why tensions are so high. We are all aware of external factors that impacted upon DBC14 and I think we all accept them and want Ross to do the best for his game and future franchise, but it being two and half weeks until the 3rd is going to make people question it.

dates slip all the time, and of itself that's not a major problem.

the problem is the expectation management ( that it would release before ashes, that 2013 was 100%, that Jan would show "the date" not a window, that simultaneous release was on)... now we're told the only reason a distributor isn't named is "approval", when it's now 2.5 working days since the rest of the world announcement... again people are being given the expectation that there is little or no chance of a delayed release in the UK when the major retailers have no visibility of the game, and the few retailers that do have it listed have it listed as coming later.

that's what causes the frustration.

----------

... which he almost certainly wouldn't have done unless he was pretty damn sure of it.

The only potential reason I can see it going later in the UK is to give the Aussies a week of extra practice. :)

not true, he has made plenty of unequivocal statements that have not been met.

dates slip all the time, and of itself that's not a major problem.

the problem is the expectation management ( that it would release before ashes, that 2013 was 100%, that Jan would show "the date" not a window, that simultaneous release was on)... now we're told the only reason a distributor isn't named is "approval", when it's now 2.5 working days since the rest of the world announcement... again people are being given the expectation that there is little or no chance of a delayed release in the UK when the major retailers have no visibility of the game, and the few retailers that do have it listed have it listed as coming later.

that's what causes the frustration.

I agree - it is confusing when you've got retailers (supposedly informed by the publishers themselves?) with differing release dates to each other, to the rest of the world and to what we're being (indirectly) told on here.

----------
@Chief

How much control to the publishers really have over stuff like that though?

Is it as simple as them emailing the distributor telling them to email all retailers who will be stocking the game telling them not to put a release date up until it confirmed by Tru Blu?

Is this how it works?

Tru blu ---> distributor ---> retailers

Tru blu inform the distributor, who inform the retailers?

I agree - it is confusing when you've got retailers (supposedly informed by the publishers themselves?) with differing release dates to each other, to the rest of the world and to what we're being (indirectly) told on here.

----------
@Chief

How much control to the publishers really have over stuff like that though?

Is it as simple as them emailing the distributor telling them to email all retailers who will be stocking the game telling them not to put a release date up until it confirmed by Tru Blu?

Is this how it works?

Tru blu ---> distributor ---> retailers

Tru blu inform the distributor, who inform the retailers?

Varies, but generally yeah - that's the typical chain.

Users who are viewing this thread