Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Still says the 4th on the system here. I'm ringing around to see what I can find out. Will report back if/when I find anything guys ;)

Do Game have some kind of exclusivity with Big Ant mate? I rang my local Game store and the gentleman told me the executive of Big Ant or TruBlue (I can't remember which) is based locally and is a frequent visitor and told him they have a few more things in the pipeline.

He also confirmed exactly what you are saying about your systems still having the release date as the 4th. Amazon, and other retailers are all saying the 11th.

Do Game have some kind of exclusivity with Big Ant mate.

Oh yeah, I can imagine game have paid millions to get this game a week before anyone else. In fact I bet they've already been to wickes to order the new front doors after they've been beaten down by the crowds. Seriously? Game will change their release date to the 11th soon enough. It will happen!

All this thread needs is someone (preferably Ross) to go all Jack Nicholson and shout "YOU CAN't HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Do Game have some kind of exclusivity with Big Ant mate? I rang my local Game store and the gentleman told me the executive of Big Ant or TruBlue (I can't remember which) is based locally and is a frequent visitor and told him they have a few more things in the pipeline.

He also confirmed exactly what you are saying about your systems still having the release date as the 4th. Amazon, and other retailers are all saying the 11th.

Haha I do hope this is true but I can't say it is or isn't lol. Everyone Iv spoken to regarding this release have said it's the 4th until they hear otherwise. And time is running out if it was to be changed

Haha I do hope this is true but I can't say it is or isn't lol. Everyone Iv spoken to regarding this release have said it's the 4th until they hear otherwise. And time is running out if it was to be changed

You guys stick to your release date and get us the game on 4th. I have my trust with Game and shop.to will need to change there date soon. :D

Mate don't worry, it seems to be the "trend" ATM. Its good of you to keep us informed, and after Ross' earlier post, even without anything official from trublu, I'm confident enough that the postman will deliver my copy on the 4th!! He may be a racist fish, but at least he's honest!

----------

Are you Matthew Hopkins in disguise??

----------

Is it possible for Game to have an exclusive release agreement with trublu and that is why they can list it a week before?

Yes this is possible! Even more so being a smaller company compared to the big fish in the pond. But again that isn't official lol just from experience

----------

Well a bit of news to share! But please remember this is not official from GAME as I'm not representing them but Iv just spoke to someone at head office regarding a different matter and thought I'd ask about DBC and they say we are releasing it on the 4th and NOT the 11th (this is staff head office not customer ;)

Again that isn't an official statement from game it's just what we have been told. It still can change but at the min we're sticking to the 4th

Well a bit of news to share! But please remember this is not official from GAME as I'm not representing them but Iv just spoke to someone at head office regarding a different matter and thought I'd ask about DBC and they say we are releasing it on the 4th and NOT the 11th (this is staff head office not customer ;)

Again that isn't an official statement from game it's just what we have been told. It still can change but at the min we're sticking to the 4th

Don't do that again. Don't give anyone any ideas to secnd guess and delay the game by a week. In fact you should be telling them you heard that the game has already broken the street date in Australia so is it ok for Game to start shipping the games out :p

F1, youll probably be in a good position should it get closer to the date without a clarification. How long before release dates does the stock come into the store? (GAME) Im guessing thats a good way of estimating if your store are able to stick to the 4th. So for a friday release what day would you expect stock to arrive?

Just a question if street date is broken in Australia will same be done in UK too ?

P.S. Never pre-ordered a game in my life before.

Oh yeah, I can imagine game have paid millions to get this game a week before anyone else. In fact I bet they've already been to wickes to order the new front doors after they've been beaten down by the crowds. Seriously? Game will change their release date to the 11th soon enough. It will happen!

I don't think its a matter if Game paying millions, or anything like that, I would imagine, as the UK market was a tough sell for trublu, that Game agreed to buy the lions share of copies and in return the get to sell it before anyone else, some gamers who are not cricket tragics like some if us may well buy it play it for a couple of days and then trade it in, meaning by the 11th it could be available in stores pre owned for less, I don't think there will be anything wrong with the game that cricket fans will want to do that but a few sport gamers who are curious might. This way game get more profit!! I would stick my neck out and say go out to Game and get it there, if they're the only ones saying the 4th there's every chance they'll have more chance of any steel books coming our way! Maybe the reason for the lack of official announcement is trublu have such an agreement with Game but don't want to risk alienating other stockists by publicly announcing the exclusivity.

F1, youll probably be in a good position should it get closer to the date without a clarification. How long before release dates does the stock come into the store? (GAME) Im guessing thats a good way of estimating if your store are able to stick to the 4th. So for a friday release what day would you expect stock to arrive?

We will get it in anyday from the Tuesday all the way up to release day mate!

----------

I don't think its a matter if Game paying millions, or anything like that, I would imagine, as the UK market was a tough sell for trublu, that Game agreed to buy the lions share of copies and in return the get to sell it before anyone else, some gamers who are not cricket tragics like some if us may well buy it play it for a couple of days and then trade it in, meaning by the 11th it could be available in stores pre owned for less, I don't think there will be anything wrong with the game that cricket fans will want to do that but a few sport gamers who are curious might. This way game get more profit!! I would stick my neck out and say go out to Game and get it there, if they're the only ones saying the 4th there's every chance they'll have more chance of any steel books coming our way! Maybe the reason for the lack of official announcement is trublu have such an agreement with Game but don't want to risk alienating other stockists by publicly announcing the exclusivity.

This very well could be the case ;)

I have preordered xbox version from gamexchange.co.uk
I you go to their website ,they are now offering 2 kinds of versions.

The Australian import release with date 3-4-14 and the UK release with
date of 10-4-14.

You pay 49.99 pounds for Australian import.

My guess is if you are in the UK ,you can get the game from them on the same date as the Australian release.

I may go to my local GAME on the weekend and check if they have woken up....

Users who are viewing this thread