Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

If they had came out and said "It will release on the 4th bar in the UK where it will be the 11th" then they'd have got less shit. Hell, if they had waited a bit and declared the 10th/11th worldwide, then we'd all be none the wiser! Its not the delay that's annoying (it is only a week); its the continual lack of information and contradictions mixed with all of this talk of a "strategy" that either doesn't exist or is the strangest release that I've ever seen... Its reminding me a bit of the days before the AC13 release - not that the game will be like that, but the whole release dates moving at the last minute and having many to choose from (4th, 11th or 14th) with no firm news from trublu or alternative software.

Last edited:
If they had came out and said "It will release on the 4th bar in the UK where it will be the 11th" then they'd have got less shit. Hell, if they had waited a bit and declared the 10th/11th worldwide, then we'd all be none the wiser! Its not the delay that's annoying (it is only a week); its the continual lack of information and contradictions mixed with all of this talk of a "strategy" that either doesn't exist or is the strangest release that I've ever seen... Its reminding me a bit of the days before the AC13 release - not that the game will be like that, but the whole release dates moving at the last minute and having many to choose from (4th, 11th or 14th) with no firm news from trublu or alternative software.

All we need now is GAME to change their date then this mess will be complete...

This release, in nutshell, is consistent with how cricket gaming fans have been treated over the years.

This release, in nutshell, is consistent with how cricket gaming fans have been treated over the years.

Yeah I do have to agree with you there. I know we lot are also a finicky bunch but we sure get treat like crap sometimes. I know we just need to sit back and wait but not getting any info at all is rather difficult to understand.

Yeah I do have to agree with you there. I know we lot are also a finicky bunch but we sure get treat like crap sometimes. I know we just need to sit back and wait but not getting any info at all is rather difficult to understand.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone could dream up a "strategy" which involves misleading and confusing its consumer base in the biggest market for the said product.

Surely a simple statement stating "DBC 14 will release on xx-04-2014 in UK" can't be asking for too much less than a week before the game's official release date? At this time I have heard of the game being available on April 3rd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 14th and 17th in UK. Mind boggling :facepalm

I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone could dream up a "strategy" which involves misleading and confusing its consumer base in the biggest market for the said product.

Surely a simple statement stating "DBC 14 will release on xx-04-2014 in UK" can't be asking for too much less than a week before the game's official release date? At this time I have heard of the game being available on April 3rd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 14th and 17th in UK. Mind boggling :facepalm

Gone too far now really, everyday it's something else..

Right, so we assume a two week release PR campaign (although apparently, that's not a thing anywhere in the world) - we're now in that for the UK now anyway; assuming an 11th release (which is the most likely day)

Love the look of the game and the interaction that Ross has given us during the whole process....

But my god cant help feeling the whole marketing campaign and UK release date has been a bit of an utter shambles.

This game has the potential to blow any previous title out of the water, yet no one I no, even big cricket fans have the slightest clue about this game!!!!

Could very easily been sorted with a statement of a date now matter what it is just a DATE. With every passing day we are hearing different things from here there and everywhere but not from the one place that matters... Trublu!!! WHERE ARE THEY on twitter? that's right Rugby League Live 2 is now available at Google Play GET IT NOW!!!! LOL It's taking away the excitement of getting it. it's an utter shambles blind leading the blind atm!

Last edited:

yep... it's not the "facts" it's the bullshit post-hoc justifications and insinuations of something clever going on behind the scenes that is most annoying. if it's 11th it's 11th, fine, just tell us.

simple equation really, if you want me to buy something you should tell me when and how.

figuratively anything other than a good cricket game and it would be well beyond the point of not worth it by now.

shambles.

Last edited:
yep... it's not the "facts" it's the bullshit post-hoc justifications and insinuations of something clever going on behind the scenes.

simple equation really, if you want me to buy something you should tell me when and how.

figuratively anything other than a good cricket game and it would be well beyond the point of not worth it by now.

shambles.

One thing that you were absolutely spot on with a few posts back, was the number of promises or assurances over dates etc that have been and gone and changed.

You have to begin to feel a little for Ross and the BigAnt team ... they have made this game, it looks unbelievable and there is loads of interest yet the publisher has messed around and no-one has a clue in surely one of there biggest markets?

I think the 11th definitely looks most likely but the amount of uncertainty is unreal.

If you know you are releasing a game that doesn't have the budget of an EA game or the advertising of a GTA, at least release it properly ... they aren't doing there reputation any good and definitely are changing the minds of those that will just associate cricket games with the "Ashes" shambles!

You have to begin to feel a little for Ross and the BigAnt team ... they have made this game, it looks unbelievable and there is loads of interest yet the publisher has messed around and no-one has a clue in surely one of there biggest markets?

Don't let him off the hook so easy...

He said a long time ago he knew the strategy and agreed it, has said he's not concerned about the UK (in the sense of "it's fine", not that he doesn't care), and has now claimed the "strategy" has worked.

His fingerprints are on the cookie jar too...

Users who are viewing this thread