Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

Without wanting to get in another argument with you, you really don't help yourself with statements like this. It all depends in your own attitude. Your own expectation lets you down not Tru Blue. Yes it is a shambles but they have not done anything that they said they wouldn't do: the only frustrating thing is that we have no official information.

I am also really not it mood to get into any argument after this announcement so let it rest here without further discussion.

Whats happened now i been gone a week and come here to what seems to be another delay.
Please tell me i am wrong or else they can stick this game where the sun dont shine.:mad

In the same boat bud. "Good Friday" weekend kicks off on 17th and am planning to take Easter monday off as well. Really hoping I somehow get the game before April 16th.

I am in Germany and with normal deliveries by royal mail thy say 4-6 working days and we don't have them from 11th to 27 and correct me if I am wrong 11th is also not announced yet by any official source.

I'd release a new game for 360, PS3, XB1 and PS4 simultaneously.

Thank you chief that is all i was asking,i forgot to write (DBC4) like that so sorry to confuse you. PS On the release of DBC4 in the UK, let's just say i am glad to live in Aus at this time. It's hard to believe the game is out in 6 days time to be honest.

I hope this was jest. If not, then I think maybe you are taking this whole crucify-Ross thing too seriously. I actually agree with the points you make about them mucking up the release and promotional strategy. And I totally don't want to get into the Ross did or did not "lie". I have been dishonest plenty of times in my life and have no right to judge someone else *a luminescent halo just popped over my head*

But in the end, his team has created what is expected to be the greatest cricket game ever. And most of us will be playing it early-mid-next month

PS: I really hope that line by blocker wasn't a joke, because then it makes me look stupid and preachy. Go blockerdave !

PS2: The religious subtexts in this post are not intentional

it's nothing to do with lies etc. it's about is it a "strategy" imposed on him that he disagrees with, or something he agrees with and believes worked? its the latter, so throwing "blame" only on trublu/hes seems odd to me.

Last edited:
I am in Germany and with normal deliveries by royal mail thy say 4-6 working days and we don't have them from 11th to 27 and correct me if I am wrong 11th is also not announced yet by any official source.

There's no official release date for UK yet. April 11th has been mentioned by bunch of retailers such as shopto.net, 365games.co.uk, base.com etc. but that's about it.

it's nothing to do with lies etc. it's about is it a "strategy" imposed on him that he disagrees with, or something he agrees with and believes worked. its the latter, so throwing "blame" only on trublu/hes seems odd to me.

I never supported you on ross things and openly opposed several time and will keep doing so "its not his job but of publisher and he is bound with an agreement".

But when ross made posts earlier when 4th showed up as the date it gave me a lot of hope that it is the release date worldwide. But he never said it is the date so why to blame him of something which we just understood and never was told.

----------

There's no official release date for UK yet. April 11th has been mentioned by bunch of retailers such as shopto.net, 365games.co.uk, base.com etc. but that's about it.

Yep so we have to wait and see for official announcement unlikely it may sound but 11th can also be changed until officially announced.

----------

Whats happened now i been gone a week and come here to what seems to be another delay.
Please tell me i am wrong or else they can stick this game where the sun dont shine.:mad

It seems like game is not out in UK on 4th and 11th seems like the most likely date.

Nothing official atm from trublu.

I never supported you on ross things and openly opposed several time and will keep doing so "its not his job but of publisher and he is bound with an agreement".

But when ross made posts earlier when 4th showed up as the date it gave me a lot of hope that it is the release date worldwide. But he never said it is the date so why to blame him of something which we just understood and never was told.

----------

Yep so we have to wait and see for official announcement unlikely it may sound but 11th can also be changed until officially announced.

i am not saying ross "came up with" the "strategy"... and i am certainly not saying he or trublu came up with it just to annoy people in the UK, but ross has said he agrees with the strategy and has said just a few days ago "it worked"... so to paint him/big ant as a victim of a botched release/strategy/marketing by trublu is a strange response. that was my point.

Someone mentioned an email from Alternative Software (who are the UK distributer, or at least we think so because they did the last bunch of BA/TB games) who said that the date was the 11th...

Then they changed their amazon release to the 14th, so that makes things as clear as mud!

On another note: who invited England to the Twenty20? Would much rather see an exciting team play.

i am not saying ross "came up with" the "strategy"... and i am certainly not saying he or trublu came up with it just to annoy people in the UK, but ross has said he agrees with the strategy and has said just a few days ago "it worked"... so to paint him/big ant as a victim of a botched release/strategy/marketing by trublu is a strange response. that was my point.

Blocker there is still time, maybe tomorrow or early next week. I do hope it works out as i am looking forward to your blocking tactics online.:thumbs

----------

On another note: who invited England to the Twenty20? Would much rather see an exciting team play.

If neverlands had beaten SA now that would have been something, funny and sad at the same time.

It's all out of Ross's hands BUT he has stated he agrees with the current strategy and did come on here yesterday and say the 4th is the intended release date, so those are two points I'd raise.

However, is Ross ever going to publicly state he disagrees with Tru Blue? I doubt it. We haven't got a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

What is patently clear, however, is that this is a shambles. If you view it any other way then you need to take the rose (or should I say Ross) tinted glasses off. At the end of the day you wouldn't accept this kind of service anywhere else, no-one would, and when you're spending your own money on something the least you expect is a smile when it's taken!

Blocker there is still time, maybe tomorrow or early next week. I do hope it works out as i am looking forward to your blocking tactics online.:thumbs

tbh for what it's worth i still think game at least will have it on the 4th. i'm going to pre-order it from them tomorrow, and i will pop in next tuesday and ask if they received their stock yet.

the thing that galls me the most is that right now there is almost nothing (short of a long delay) they could do worse than keep the silence going. if the story is it's 4th in game 11th everywhere else*... if the story is it's just the 11th, if the "official" story is what @Ross posted the other day that they want and hope 4th but can't yet guarantee it but it will be by 11th... if the story is you can get it tomorrow if you can wrestle a crocodile to death in under 30 seconds... who bloody cares, just tell us, and end the charade.

*my current guess is game have it 4th, others have it 11th and they don't want to make that official because of annoying other retailers and when game release it next week they'll say they broke the street date

It's all out of Ross's hands BUT he has stated he agrees with the current strategy and did come on here yesterday and say the 4th is the intended release date, so those are two points I'd raise.

However, is Ross ever going to publicly state he disagrees with Tru Blue? I doubt it. We haven't got a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

What is patently clear, however, is that this is a shambles. If you view it any other way then you need to take the rose (or should I say Ross) tinted glasses off. At the end of the day you wouldn't accept this kind of service anywhere else, no-one would, and when you're spending your own money on something the least you expect is a smile when it's taken!

All fair points but Tru Blue have never stated anything and in that sense are not contradicting themselves or going against what they have previously said. Again we need to realise that we have been privvy to information normally not given. That makes it harder for us to judge things.

But thats the point they haven't said anything...

----------

tbh for what it's worth i still think game at least will have it on the 4th. i'm going to pre-order it from them tomorrow, and i will pop in next tuesday and ask if they received their stock yet.

Don't do it you'll jinx it! haha I bet they will change their date by monday to the 11th lol :'(

Users who are viewing this thread