Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

*my current guess is game have it 4th, others have it 11th and they don't want to make that official because of annoying other retailers and when game release it next week they'll say they broke the street date

It'd never officially be this; it'd be a great way for the mystery distributor to piss off every retail and online establishment bar game...

It's all out of Ross's hands BUT he has stated he agrees with the current strategy and did come on here yesterday and say the 4th is the intended release date, so those are two points I'd raise.

However, is Ross ever going to publicly state he disagrees with Tru Blue? I doubt it. We haven't got a clue what is going on behind the scenes.

What is patently clear, however, is that this is a shambles. If you view it any other way then you need to take the rose (or should I say Ross) tinted glasses off. At the end of the day you wouldn't accept this kind of service anywhere else, no-one would, and when you're spending your own money on something the least you expect is a smile when it's taken!

agree 100%. expecting the customer to go through this shenanigans just to find out how and when they can make the purchase would be a deal-breaker for me in any other product. it's treating the customer with the same contempt as putting out a crap game and thinking we'll buy it just because it's cricket. (admittedly, still not AC13 level contempt!)... it's a "strategy" that deserves to fail.

when big ant did the lacrosse kickstarter i backed it and did so happily, today they'll be getting my money for dbc very grudgingly, and that's 100% honestly got nothing to do with what has been passing between @Ross and me, it's the result of this contempt with which they're treating the market to which i belong.

But thats the point they haven't said anything...

----------

Don't do it you'll jinx it! haha I bet they will change their date by monday to the 11th lol :'(

Agreed and I find that strange but I cannot say that they have gone back on anything, they have just been unclear. To be honest the website they have doesn't exactly give a sense that they are at the forefront of internet marketing strategy forming.

Agreed and I find that strange but I cannot say that they have gone back on anything, they have just been unclear. To be honest the website they have doesn't exactly give a sense that they are at the forefront of internet marketing strategy forming.

they've been in the business x years and outlasted blah blah blah. they have nothing to learn, apparently...

no company has ever failed because they failed to respond to changing technology, you hear me? NEVER!

Oh too true ! I totally agree. Just look at their twitter 2 on DBC and one on some rugby live 2 gold app thing in the past 2-3 months! Not said they have gone back on anything but by not saying anything it's worse than going back on something. If the'd of said something there wouldn't be this negativity about it that's all im trying to say really..

on the GAME site it says above DBC 14 "RELEASED IN ONLY 7 DAYS - PREORDER NOW!" that was not there yesterday, so if they were to change the date they would have changed it by today at the latest

look guys; its time for anther wikipedia derail!

Their site looks like its straight out of 2004...

on the GAME site it says above DBC 14 "RELEASED IN ONLY 7 DAYS - PREORDER NOW!" that was not there yesterday, so if they were to change the date they would have changed it by today at the latest

I think if it doesn't change by monday/tuesday it's on for 4th but i really doubt it now...

All fair points but Tru Blue have never stated anything and in that sense are not contradicting themselves or going against what they have previously said. Again we need to realise that we have been privvy to information normally not given. That makes it harder for us to judge things.

It is hard for us to judge things, sure, but we are going to anyway and use the (limited) information we have at hand to do so. If you put yourself in a public forum then you've got to expect to get crap as well as all the good stuff (which has always far outweighed the negative stuff).

I know Tru Blu haven't made an official announcement yet but several retailers with several different dates all supposedly given to them by the publisher....why is this the case? You have Ross saying he has been told by Tru Blu the intended date is the 4th, Alternative Software saying that it is definitely the 11th, Game saying the publisher has told them the 4th and Amazon now have 14th April on their site (who I think are directly informed by Alternative Software, who have said it's the 11th?). Is this some kind of psychological marketing trick?!

The boxes exist....;)

It is hard for us to judge things, sure, but we are going to anyway and use the (limited) information we have at hand to do so. If you put yourself in a public forum then you've got to expect to get crap as well as all the good stuff (which has always far outweighed the negative stuff).

I know Tru Blu haven't made an official announcement yet but several retailers with several different dates all supposedly given to them by the publisher....why is this the case? You have Ross saying he has been told by Tru Blu the intended date is the 4th, Alternative Software saying that it is definitely the 11th, Game saying the publisher has told them the 4th and Amazon now have 14th April on their site (who I think are directly informed by Alternative Software, who have said it's the 11th?). Is this some kind of psychological marketing trick?!

I am not disagreeing with you. If it were my company I would have certainly done things differently. I can only imagine that there has to be some kind of strategy behind it. I don't think they are necessarily trying to annoy us. They are directing their attention to......I don't know......whatever.......

Users who are viewing this thread