Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

UK Release

I have been onto a number of websites and they are saying different release dates

Amazon.co.uk - 27th May
shopto - 11th April
Game - Nothing at all
GameExchange - 17th April

I really like the look of this game and I am buying an Xbox 360 along with it, but I might have to re-think unless this is sorted out one and for all. I have a simple message for Big Ant

PLEASE TELL US WHEN THE GAME IS BEING RELEASED IN THE UK !!!!

I have been onto a number of websites and they are saying different release dates

Amazon.co.uk - 27th May
shopto - 11th April
Game - Nothing at all
GameExchange - 17th April

I really like the look of this game and I am buying an Xbox 360 along with it, but I might have to re-think unless this is sorted out one and for all. I have a simple message for Big Ant

PLEASE TELL US WHEN THE GAME IS BEING RELEASED IN THE UK !!!!

We will know as soon as it's been ok'd by publisher. But with it now being on the tills at game progress is being made for the date game are giving to their customers of 4th April :)

Just spoke to GAME customer services and they've confirmed the game can be pre-ordered now for release on the 4th of April.

Just spoke to GAME customer services and they've confirmed the game can be pre-ordered now for release on the 4th of April.

Nice :) I got one from them today saying they weren't even stocking it lol Things change quickly :)

They said I could go to my local GAME And pre-order from today. So going tomorrow to pre-order.

Also GAME Leeds have put out a twitter message stating they are taking pre-orders for a ?5 deposit for release on the 4th April.

They said I could go toy local GAME And pre-order from today. So going tomorrow to pre-order.

Also GAME Leeds have put out a twitter message stating they are taking pre-orders for a ?5 deposit for release on the 4th April.

Yeah i saw that :) All good news then. Hopefully with this coming out then get official news soon :)

Yeah i saw that :) All good news then. Hopefully with this coming out then get official news soon :)

Those game guys got an online outlet ???

Those game guys got an online outlet ???

Yes at Game.co.uk but i guess it will take a few days for it to go up on there.

Considering the two GAME stores near me went bust 2 or 3 years ago (I've got one small technology store within 5 miles), I'll wait. The second that the 3rd or 4th is confirmed by Amazon or Shopto and available for pre-order and delivery, I'll be ordering it. Hopefully the situation will be clear soon.

genuine question @ChinamanSpin, because i know you're a "supporter" but by no means a "fanboi"...

do you feel let down at all that there is still nothing official about the UK, given the rest* of the world has has certainty for over a week now, and there were several punchy posts to the effect that there was nothing major or sinister causing the "UK TBA" bit and information would follow very quickly but we're still without any concrete info even now?

obviously everyone knows my opinion and i have laboured it more than enough but i am genuinely interested in what you (and others in the UK) think?

-------

completely separate point though slightly related, and again interested in anyone's thoughts on these:

1)we were told that the "UK TBA" bit was down to waiting for approval, that information was imminent and any hold-up was trivial
2)over a week later, we're still without any information but now told this is part of a strategy that has "worked"

am i alone in thinking that those two points are mutually exclusive? i.e. they cannot both be true and it's strange for someone with a hair trigger over being called a liar to take both these positions?

1)we were told that the "UK TBA" bit was down to waiting for approval, that information was imminent and any hold-up was trivial
2)over a week later, we're still without any information but now told this is part of a strategy that has "worked"

am i alone in thinking that those two points are mutually exclusive? i.e. they cannot both be true and it's strange for someone with a hair trigger over being called a liar to take both these positions?

I guess with us messaging companies about the game has maybe done something to help them get their game on their shelves... To show there is demand? I don't know but all i think is that it's finally closing to the 4th where it looks to be the date of release. Either way i'm happy it is sooner rather than later :)

They said I could go to my local GAME And pre-order from today. So going tomorrow to pre-order.

its not on their website

I guess with us messaging companies about the game has maybe done something to help them get their game on their shelves... To show there is demand? I don't know but all i think is that it's finally closing to the 4th where it looks to be the date of release. Either way i'm happy it is sooner rather than later :)

What we did is irrelevant: if the strategy was to get us to pre-order and pressure retailers and prove demand etc.- actually a good strategy - point 1 is invalid; if point 1 is correct since the info hasn't come as we were told it was going to then obviously that can't be a long running strategy and point 2 is invalid.

Either way it's a bit rich to insult me personally and make a big play on defending his supposed integrity.

All of which doesn't stop me agreeing with you - sooner the better :)

Whatever XYZ strategy publisher had in mind clearly didnt worked for them yet. May be they are just focusing on post release sales only.

Whatever XYZ strategy publisher had in mind clearly didnt worked for them yet. May be they are just focusing on post release sales only.

@Ross is in this thread saying their strategy worked. I am saying since we were told we would have uk certainty by now and we don't one of those statements were a crock of shit and the guy shouldn't be insulting me making a great play of his integrity

Users who are viewing this thread