Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

I'm going to put myself in a coma for a week if it's the 11th.

hqdefault.jpg

No mention of DBC14 on Alternative Software's site or FB page. There's a surprise.

Just curious, the guy who works at GAME, F1RacerDan, do you get it before its released? Can you get your hands on a copy as soon as it comes in the store?

I'm sure that used to happen when a mate of mine worked there

We get it in anytime between the Tuesday and the actual release day. As for early staff purchase I can't really discuss to honest but some games allow it and some don't ;)

The worst case scenario seems to be 11th April. Wouldn't it be better if things are left at that? These hourly updates from the retailers' end seem a bit overboard.

FWIW, consider how the PC users are feeling right now. You're at least getting it within the next 15 days.

Last edited:
We get it in anytime between the Tuesday and the actual release day. As for early staff purchase I can't really discuss to honest but some games allow it and some don't ;)

Haha so that's a yes :) ... as long as your manager likes you

I remember my mate worked there when GTA 4 came out and he'd had it 3 days before anyone else ... lucky guy!

This is what Roger said:

On 27 Mar 2014, at 10:29, "Roger Hulley" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Kamran,

Many thanks for your email.
Just to say that the release date in the UK will not be the 4th, Game have been informed.

Kind Regards
Roger

Roger Hulley
Managing Director
Alternative Software Ltd
Tel +44(0)1977 555000
Fax +44(0)1977 555111
www.alternativesoftware.com

The worst case scenario seems to be 11th April. Wouldn't it be better if things are left at that? These hourly updates from the retailer's end seem a bit overboard.

FWIW, consider how the PC users are feeling right now. You're at least getting it within the next 15 days.

To be fair, if I was a PC user, i'd be tempted to buy a ps3 or xbox on ebay for cheap and just play it for 2 months ... the 2 months of videos, posts and the buzz is going to kill you lol

^ I did consider that for a brief moment but buying a console for a single game seemed too much and hence dropped the idea. I'll, however, have to come up with something to get me past these 2 months ;)

^ I did consider that for a brief moment but buying a console for a single game seemed too much and hence dropped the idea. I'll, however, have to come up with something to get me past these 2 months ;)

Fair enough mate, i'd struggle if it was me.

I've actually kept my PS3 after buying a PS4 for playing DBC 14 and because I am in a Madden online league ... Probably get rid of it in the next 6 months though ... have to pray DBC finds its way onto PS4 soon!

I would've thought since game have it up on the website with the release date on there surely that would be the right date as they wouldn't put a date on there unless they had a official date from the publisher to show not that it matters as a extra week will just make the anticipation of the game that much more better.

have to pray DBC finds its way onto PS4 soon!

Don't count on it! The next world cup in aus seems like an ideal time to release the next edition. Really cant see them releasing this edition on nxt gen, or they would surely release it the same time. Don't think xbox one or ps4 will see this until their next edition.

So the official release date is definitely the 11th. Hopefully the Australian import works out for us.

This is what Roger said:

On 27 Mar 2014, at 10:29, "Roger Hulley" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Kamran,

Many thanks for your email.
Just to say that the release date in the UK will not be the 4th, Game have been informed.

Kind Regards
Roger

Roger Hulley
Managing Director
Alternative Software Ltd
Tel +44(0)1977 555000
Fax +44(0)1977 555111
www.alternativesoftware.com

and guys at Game seems like on DGF mode.

game.jpg

I am happy I have another order from gamexchange for aussie release.

Users who are viewing this thread