Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

I've tweeted the official GAME crew see what and when they get back to me about the game in the morning, I will post the response.

Amit:It is in the dispatch process.
If there is any delay we will notify you.
Me:The dispatch process would indicate it has actually been dispatched though. It hasn't and has been sitting on not yet dispatched/pre-order for the last few days.

Slowly getting somewhere.

I've tweeted the official GAME crew see what and when they get back to me about the game in the morning, I will post the response.

Thanks for that, got my fingers crossed, i'll post there as well so they can see that more than 1 person is asking

Amazon chat person said that they dispatch throughout the night and it is in the "Dispatch process".

I have my doubts. Guess I'll find out in the morning. If it isn't dispatched by the time I wake up around 10:00 then I'll cancel and go into town. Provided GAME have replied.

I contacted amazon yesterday (10th) and they told me that my copy wasn't going to be dispatched until today (11th) for a likely delivery of Saturday (12th). Looks like I'm going into GAME tomorrow to buy a copy then.

Edit: literally just come out of LiveChat and got told this

"Harish:I see that this item is currently not in stock with us. In the website is is listed as "Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks" we are waiting for the item from our another fulfillment center and once we receive the item we will dispatch the order accordingly."

hope that helps people

Last edited:
Unbelievable. Just received this at 3.43am from amazon on the day they said they'd deliver, having had game on preorder for a week:

We?re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

"Don Bradman Cricket 14 (PS3)"
Estimated arrival date: April 26 2014 - May 02 2014

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I've just spoken to Amazon and the guy said that despite the website saying it's out of stock my order would be fine as that is for orders placed now.

I then made him guarantee that it would be dispatched today. Needless to say, if it's not then Amazon will be paying for express delivery from wherever else I can get it.

Tomthub - I suggest you demand the same from them.

Edit: literally just come out of LiveChat and got told this

"Harish:I see that this item is currently not in stock with us. In the website is is listed as "Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks" we are waiting for the item from our another fulfillment center and once we receive the item we will dispatch the order accordingly."

hope that helps people

Confirmed by email from Amazon and updated status on orders page

2014-04-11%2006.51.40.png

Same here , Amazon delievry date has been 11th April since pre ordered 2 weeks ago. Wake up this morning and boom , delivery date now 14th April. I'm phoning GAME will cancel Amazon.

Well i am just about to leave to go to GAME, but it don't open till 10, i'll let you lot know if they are stocking it

If people who pre-ordered from amazon before me are being told it's not coming it makes me worry why I haven't been told that yet. Very tempted to just cancel and go elsewhere.

I'm going to check with GAME in Brighton and then if they have it in stock will cancel Amazon. Will update when I find out.

Here's my chat with amazon. Epic failure of a) customer service and b) distribution. Apologies for typos - all done furiously on my iPad:

Me:My order #026-4776653-3009105 for don bradman cricket was due to arrive today on its release date. I'm now told it won't arrive for two weeks. This is completely unacceptable when the same product is available from other retailers. If I had known earlier - as you must have done - I would have preordered elsewhere. The product is even available elsewhere on the amazon marketplace - I suggest you arrange it's delivered to me from another supplier.
I've checked the order and I can see that it is due to be delivered on Monday, 14 April 2014.
Me:I received an email at 3.43 this morning - the day I was supposed to receive the product - telling me it's not coming for two weeks.
I quote 'We?re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:
"Don Bradman Cricket 14 (PS3)"
Estimated arrival date: April 26 2014 - May 02 2014'
Julie Pearl:I apologise for the inconvenience. Some customers usually preorder the item few months before its release day. It is possible that we ran out of stocks for customers who ordered the item beforehand.
Please be advised that preordering the item is first to preorder will receive the item first.
Me:I'm sure that's possible. .but why are you only telling me on the day it's due to arrive - I'm left with no alternate options. I've been checking order status every couple of hours to ensure it's arriving, and the delivery date has remained the same.
Julie Pearl:I do understand the frustration on your end. However, at the moment, as what is being mentioned in the email you receive, we are unable to Fulfill the order.
Me:The item is still available on amazon marketplace from other retailers, why aren't you sourcing from them? I pay for the Prime service, I expect better service than this.
Julie Pearl:Although the item might be available on our website from third party sellers, we are unable to source items from them.
Their stocks are stored from their warehouses and they are independent sellers selling their items on our website. We are unable to source stocks from them.
Me:So I have to wait for two weeks now? And youre not willing to do anything else about it? Perhaps you can at least tell me why was I not informed about the stock shortage, yesterday when I could have ordered elsewhere?
Julie Pearl:As your order is expected to arrive on Monday, we have informed you in advance that we can't fulfill the Monday estimated delivery date.
We have notified you as soon we have confirmed that we can't fulfill the order.
Me:My order was due to arrive today
Julie Pearl:If you wish more details of the changes in the delivery of your order, I'd be happy to contact the Fulfillment Centre to provide an explanation.
Me:every day I checked order status it said today, right up until I went to bed after midnight last night.
Julie Pearl:The information I have on my end is it is expected to be dispatch today for Monday's delivery.
Me:Well that's not what your website has been telling me for a week, yes please contact fulfilment for an explanation.
You're now reconnected with Julie Pearl.
Julie Pearl:We will get back to you via email as soon we receive an update. In the meantime, if you wish to source the item from somewhere else, you can cancel the order as you haven't been charged for it.
Me:On my order confirmation email on April 7 it says estimated delivery 11th. Today. Release day. Which is why I preordered from you.
I look forward to your response.

----------

Anyone suggest good game shops to try in Central or south London? Could do without spending my lunch hour trawling around shops to get a cricket game I've been waiting nine months for, but needs must.

Ask to speak to a supervisor (or have one call you) Tom. From past experience they have more ability to compensate you for their incompetence.

Users who are viewing this thread