C09 HELP: Having trouble running the game? Read here first

^^ it wont work as the uninstallation file wont be there

i would recommend CCleaner for this matter and do a registry and orghan file scan , this way you can eliminate the old files

other way would be to simply install freshly , this will overwrite the files

On the first you should have properly uninstalled the game. You should not just delete the folder, As other supporting files like dll files will be copied to your windows folder.

Not sure whether this will work for you. Try below:

Go to Control panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Select Ashes Cricket 2009 and uninstall/Remove.

i did the uninstall through the uninstall option during autorun but when it didnt let me reinstall again i deleted the dir....

when i try to add/remove ashes 2009 it give me the following error:
1628: Failed to complete installation

^^ it wont work as the uninstallation file wont be there

i would recommend CCleaner for this matter and do a registry and orghan file scan , this way you can eliminate the old files

other way would be to simply install freshly , this will overwrite the files

hey naveen, sorry but i dont have a clue what CCleaner is or how to do a registry/orphan scan

i've been trying to install it fresh but it wont go through the installation process as i mentioned before

Thx a lot for this thread. My problem isnt a big one. I got a new laptop and am trying to run the game in low resolution. But if i try that then i cant play in full screen. I mean I see a box in which the game is running and outside it is black. I observed this with other games as well.

I am sure i have to configure sth with the graphic card but i have no clue where.
My graphic card is: ATI mobility radeon HD4570.

my system has 1gb ram prosessor speed is 1.60 ghz
maximum video memory is 224mb
i dont have any graphic card installed in my pc
can i run ashes cricket 2009 game
please can someone tell me

i have also same problems duble click nothing happenssss

My Sys Reqs are

Intel gma3100

video memory 256 mb

can it support

core 2 du o processor

2gb ram
xp sp2

Anyone have the problem where you install the game and then run it only for nothing to happen, yet in Task Manager Processes Ashes 2009 is definately running and using CPU power, My specs aren't great but should be able to run the game..

CPU = AMD 5400 X2
GFX = ATI 3870 512mb
MEM = 4 gig PC6400
Vista home edtion 64bit

Last edited:
I find you can improve the performance immensely if you alter the settings for the game in the nVidia or ATI control panel applet that comes with the graphics card driver software. I also found, however, that changing the responsiveness of the game can affect your timing. In general when games run poorly or stuttery, your reflexes to what you see end up being interpreted as late, so you compensate by anticipating earlier. If you go from this situation to a more fluid and reflexive game, you might find yourself playing your shots ridiculously early and getting bowled.

hey everyone.... i'm not a computer genius like you people so need some help..... i installed the game but when i start by clicking the .exe file, nothing happens..... in the task manager i see the process using up a lot of space...... i saw that a lot of people have the same problem but i can't really find the solution anywhere.... if u people have already given the solution for this then please tell me the page...... i'll try n give all the system specs that i can find by myself
windows vista home premium service pack 2
ram: 2 GB
intel core 2 duo 1.50 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS (approx total memory: 882MB)

Has ANYONE with the crowd stuttering problem found a fix yet?

I ask because I have seen countless posts about this exact, strange problem, yet not one idea how to solve it!

The odest part is most of these people (including myself) are running higher-end computer (I can run Crysis etc) but the highly intense gfx of Cricket09 seem to kill my computer (the crowd graphics that is..)

My pc is a q6600, 512mb HD4870 ATI card with 4gb RAM on Win7.

Does anyone have ideas to change the ATI Catalyst settings?

I've tried every combination and still no luck!

After about 2/3 mins of loading the game, the screen goes black and I get something saying that the driver igfx stopped responding but is now working again.

The screen stays black though and I can't continue with the game.

hey guys i need ur help hmm i cant see crowd even if i enable the crowds can aneone help me plzzz:crying

Users who are viewing this thread