C09 HELP: Having trouble running the game? Read here first

Thanks for the reply dutchad.

No, I'm running Windows 7 Release Candidate Version

I did it today and still not working

Yes, but can't any solutions

Ok, I'll try to tell you in the simplest way whats wrong with the game on my laptop.

1) Clicked cricket2009.exe

2) First screen showing codemasters and whole lot of words shows up and it takes at least 3 minutes to the codemasters and transmission intro scene.

3) The first loading screen with the bastman takes another 3 minutes to go to the next loading screen.

4) The next loading screen takes about a minute to get to main menu.

5) When playing a ODI single player exhibition match, the loading to the stadium/conditions ---> team select etc freezes for about 20 seconds everytime I go to the next screen.

6) The frame rate of cutscenes when playing is bad even though my computer is capable of playing. But when I controlling a batsmen or bowler, its running fine.

7) Also task manager shows that explorer.exe CPU is going around 90 therefore slowing my computer.

Any solutions?

Yes this programme is absurdly CPU and RAM hungry...inefficent coding i imagine. You can turn the crowd animations off...this has a huge effect for me....you can still have the sounds of the crowd by adding crowdenabled=1 into your displayoption data document (My documents...my games...bla bla...) and setting graphicsdetail=2. It appears that it is pretty random as to the systems that this game works well or not on...no one easy solution I am afraid. Dont' know if that helps?:(

ashes 2009 error

I installed the game properly. but while clicking on exe it shows "application has failed to start because application config is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.":mad:

Whats the problem???
I have got intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.40 ghz
2 gb ram
8400 gforce

Pls give a solution, i desperate.:D

I installed the game properly. but while clicking on exe it shows "application has failed to start because application config is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.":mad:

Whats the problem???
I have got intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.40 ghz
2 gb ram
8400 gforce

Pls give a solution, i desperate.:D

Yes this programme is absurdly CPU and RAM hungry...inefficent coding i imagine. You can turn the crowd animations off...this has a huge effect for me....you can still have the sounds of the crowd by adding crowdenabled=1 into your displayoption data document (My documents...my games...bla bla...) and setting graphicsdetail=2. It appears that it is pretty random as to the systems that this game works well or not on...no one easy solution I am afraid. Dont' know if that helps?:(
Thanks dutchad. I'll try it. Has codemasters started working on a patch?

Thanks dutchad. I'll try it. Has codemasters started working on a patch?

There are rumours and conspiracies in abundance but nothing factual at the moment. The Codemaster website contains a statement that they are "monitoring bugs" which sounds like they are wasting there time keeping an eye on insects instead of making a patch!:D Anyway various people have heard from a neighbour who saw the butcher talking to a man who once knew a bloke....anyway you get the picture! Hope you can get your game running in some kind of playable fashion!:)

There are rumours and conspiracies in abundance but nothing factual at the moment. The Codemaster website contains a statement that they are "monitoring bugs" which sounds like they are wasting there time keeping an eye on insects instead of making a patch!:D Anyway various people have heard from a neighbour who saw the butcher talking to a man who once knew a bloke....anyway you get the picture! Hope you can get your game running in some kind of playable fashion!:)
I wish Codemasters were more dedicated to fixing up games like Rockstar Games. When GTA IV came out on PC, they made about 5 patches just to improve the functionbility of the game.

I'm sure Ashes Cricket 09 has small problems which should be easy to fix. GTA IV had so many problems on PC that it took 5 patches just to sort out the bugs.

Minimum requirements

Friends, i have uploaded the dxdiag test file for reference. Please tell me if i will be able to run the game or not. :banana2

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    35.4 KB · Views: 21
When I run Cricket 2009 exe nothing happens and when I retry to run it error comes "Other instance is running"? What to do?
Please HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im running a full high spec LAPTOP

When I run Cricket 2009 exe nothing happens and when I retry to run it error comes "Other instance is running"? What to do?
Please HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im running a full high spec LAPTOP
Your problem is kinda similar to mine. Have you checked your task manager? If you CPU is around 70 - 99, it may be not responding.

This programme is absurdly CPU and RAM hungry - dutchad

You might have to wait for a patch.

Mr.Shatrughan,
By the size of the file seems its the same crack available commonly...Will still give it a shot..Hope it works..

Sorry Mr.Shatrughan...This doesn't work either..Don't try out guys...

Regards,
Saahil

one of the solution for frame rate issue

hi guys.. i too had poor frame rate problem(with crowd on).. now i bought a new c-media sound card and uninstalled my onboard sound card drivers... after installing a new sound card the game runs very smoothly(with crowd on).... i think onboard sound card doesnot support the game....

Okay, pretty confident now that I've got the game working how it should, without disabling the crowd, but I have dropped the resolution to 1280x800. This is with a 8800GT, so if you're using on-board graphics or something lightweight, you may need to drop the resolution quite a way down.

It's not quite as pretty and gains some jaggies, but it's a lot more playable. Basically the intent is to be more selective about which texture filters are on, but I think forcing vertical sync off and dropping max prerendered frames to 1 are also important. So now let's move the solution into beta testing, ie, does it work for anyone else?

If you don't know what I'm talking about read these guides first and you should have more confidence. The settings pertain mostly to nVidia, but in theory could be adapted to the ATI control panel.
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...i-cards-suffering-slow-performance-30884.html
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...a-cards-suffering-slow-performance-30946.html

aniso filtering - off
AA gamma - off
AA mode - off
AA setting - doesn't matter, you've already turned it off
AA transparency - off
conformant texture clamp - doesn't matter
error reporting - doesn't matter
extension limit - doesn't matter
max pre-rendered frames - 1
multidisplay/mixed-gpu accel - whatever is relevant to your system
texture filtering aniso filter option - on (but shouldn't matter)
texture filtering neg LOD bias - allow
texture filtering quality - high perf
texture filtering trilinear optimization - off
threaded optimization - on
triple buffering - off
vsync - force off

WOW !!!!
Used you advice and now the game works fine with settings on high and crowds turned on. Runs smooth as silk with a 9600 GT
Thanks Heaps

Users who are viewing this thread