Story [C2005] - England tour the Caribbean

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
engtc1.jpg

- Sunday, 17 September, 2006 -

"England announce tour of the Caribbean"

david-graveney-2-4704.jpg

England's chairman of selectors, David Graveney announces an upcoming tour of the Caribbean.

Today, England's chairman of selectors, David Graveney announced a tour of the Caribbean. He stated that no complete side had yet been selected, but was not far off. A big question asked of Mr. Graveney was wheter or not Michael Vaughan would captain England into the Caribbean. He would not comment on the issue, but did mention that Vaughan was in doubt of making the side, due to injury concerns. When Vaughan himself was questioned, he caused more curiosity by mentioning that he was not suffering any injuries and was more than ready to take on the West Indies.

chrisgayle2.jpg

West Indian batsman, Chris Gayle watches his teammates train from the sidelines.

On the other side of the tour, West Indian batsman Chris Gayle is in serious doubt of making any impact on the series due to a torn calf muscle. If he miraculously recovers, it is still doubtfull he would play any part in the series.

Last edited:

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
Shivnarine Chanderpaul speaks out

engtc1.jpg

"Chanderpaul speaks out"

081011news.jpg

West Indian star batsman and ex-captain Shivnarine Chanderpaul today spoke on behalf of his team mates regarding the upcoming series against England. "Unfortunately, Chris (Gayle) won't be able to make it into the team, but with a couple of youngsters, I think we can give England a run for their money" he said, "At the moment we rely on our batsman to post good totals for us, but with Chris (Gayle) out of the side, there will be more pressue on the bowlers than that of late. Hopefully, Tino (Best) and Fidel (Edwards) can show us a bit of magic and with a bit of support from Dwayne (Bravo) we can knock em' over." When asked about captain Brian Lara, Chanderpaul said, "He is a good man and a great cricketer, but I think he should step aside and allow a younger player a chance to lead our side".

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
good luck mate... nice to see starting ur opening account in this forum with the story!!! All the best :happy

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
Fixtures announced

engtc1.jpg

"England coach announces fixture"

A few moments ago, England coach, Duncan Fletcher announced the fixture for England's tour of the Caribbean.

nfletch04.jpg

England coach, Duncan Fletcher

Tour Against West Indies

England vs West Indies A - One Day

England vs West Indies A - 4 Day

England vs West Indies - Test 1

England v West Indies A - One Day

England v West Indies - Test 2

England v West Indies - Test 3

ODI Series Begins

England v New Zealand - ODI 1

New Zealand v West Indies - ODI 2

England v West Indies - ODI 3

New Zealand v England - ODI 4

New Zealand v West Indies - ODI 5

England v West Indies - ODI 6

Final 1
Final 2
Final 3 (If Necessary)

When asked about how England was preparing for the series, Fletcher held his cards close to his chest and said, "All our boys are ready to take on the Windies."

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see the Poms take on the Calypso Kings. The ODI Tri-Series should be a cracker!

Promising start Offspinner! Try to take screenshots or if you are playing on PS2 you can just use real life pictures.

Good luck with it mate!

kookaburra69

International Coach
good start to your story mate,should be a very interesting series.

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
A.I Patch

Thanks to everyone for their kind compliments. Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good A.I patch? Also, the current mods I am using are the 4GB Batpack and Holmie's High-Res Sky Sports Overlay.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Offspinner said:
Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good A.I patch?

For AI patch, there is a separate section for the reviews of AI patches.... You can read the review and select the patch of ur own choice!!! :)

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
Due to some real life issues, I will unfortunately have to delay the tour. I apologise in advance and again thank everyone for their kind compliments.

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
A.I Patch

I have narrowed my choices of A.I patches down to three. What is your opinion?

- Tutsi 4.0 Patch
- The Spin's Realistic Patch
- Boss CGPV6 Patch

Thanks in advance.

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
England announce captain

engtc1.jpg

- Tuesday, 19 September, 2006 -

"Strauss named captain"

SGE.ILY60.120406163838.photo00.quicklook.default-245x192.jpg

Newly named England captain, Andrew Strauss, in action.

Today, together with chairman of selectors, David Graveney, England coach, Duncan Fletcher announced England's captain for the tour of the Caribbean would be Andrew Strauss. They also named a new vice-captain in Andrew Flintoff. Fletcher noted that although, others such as Michael Vaughan and Marcus Trescothick were overlooked, the English have decided to set up a leadership group, involving players such as Vaughan, Trescothick, Hoggard and Giles in leading roles.

24_Chris_Cairns.JPG

Chris Cairns ponders missing out on at least the opening two matches of the tri-series.

Also, today, New Zealand star Chris Cairns announced a sprained ankle and added himself to the list of stars that could miss out on the series. He said that the injury was caused in a training accident in which he stepped on a ball and fell backwards, twisting his ankle. Already in doubt for the series are England batsman Michael Vaughan and West Indian batting all-rounder, Chris Gayle.

Last edited:

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
Do most people on these forums have the game for the PC??

I have mine on the consoles!! Much easier to play!

Why buy them for the PC?? Unless you dont have consoles??

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
becauseon PC u can patch it much better gameplay an dmakes the game much more realistic as this site has proved!!!

Offspinner

Club Cricketer
Utilities and patches to be used.

Here is a list of all the utilities and/or patches I will use for this tour:

- Holmies Hi-Res Sky Sports Overlay
- FRAPS Screen Capture
- 4 GB Bat pack

If anyone has any opinions on what A.I patch I should use, see my above post.

Users who are viewing this thread