Story c2005- Pakistan vs West Indies Bank Alfalah Test Series- Patron's XI vs W.I- Stumps

Patrons are still in good position! I like those personal conflicts ( Lara&Gayle with Kamal)!Good thinking :clap

As always, its a nice presentation!

surendar said:
Patrons are still in good position! I like those personal conflicts ( Lara&Gayle with Kamal)!Good thinking :clap

As always, its a nice presentation!
Thanks for all the support, surrendar! You're the only person who seems to be following this story- Maybe a lot of people are only interested in c2007 stories from now on! Anyway, shouldn't moan- Thanks again for the regular posts and I'm grateful for your appreciation of the presentation- Obviously it's quite simple as I haven't been able to use Photoshop recently but I should have it back for the 1st Test! :p

nice work ...its simple and nice to read ....also i like Rameez Raja's comments .....really nice...and good story line too ....btw 1 suggestion put Rameez Raja's face before him as i do put Sidhu's in my story ....and ur story is good mate and replies will come quickly . Keep up the good work .

I have been watching this story and as Gamer said it is a nice easy read and i think the pics are very well done with nice comments :)
Keep up the great work :clap

Your giving it to there bowlers aren't you.

Keep up the good work Blaze :)

PATRON'S ON FIRE AS WINDIES SUFFER

Day One. 1:00 PM

PATRON'S XI: 138/2
034.jpg

Rameez Raja: There has been no respite in the aggressive batting from the Patron's XI as Hasan Raza has continued to punish the West Indian bowlers. We getting close to lunch here, but the Patron's have done superbly well to rack up such a score at a high run rate. It's almost as if we're watching a One Day game here!

PATRON'S XI: 145/2

035.jpg

Rameez Raja: In all honesty though, the Patron's are playing with good sportsmanship here as they are fully aware that this is just a two-day game and thus they need to make a big score quickly so the opposition can have a bat as well. They could've easily have took things slowly and batted for the best part of two days and thus not allow the West Indians any batting practice, but this game is being played in good spirits and so far it's been an interesting contest.

PATRON'S XI: 151/2

036.jpg

Rameez Raja: Asim Kamal was soon into the flow of things as well and after surviving a barrage of short bowling from Smith and Best, he got his eye in and played some beautiful strokes and basically started from where Butt had left off. Banks was brought on again after a while as Lara looked to change tactics again, but again the pair played the spinner slyly and kept sweeping him to find the gaps in the field, to the frustration of the fielders!

PATRON'S XI: 159/2
037.jpg

Rameez Raja: Banks himself was starting to get quite annoyed and occasionally tossed one up or bowled a stray one- Kamal wasted no time in dispatching such balls to the boundary!

Patrons in commanding & comfortable position! Windies had to get couple of quick wickets....

PATRON'S IN GOOD POSITION AT LUNCH

Day One. 1:15 PM

Rameez Raja: Raza and Kamal were on their merry way as we neared lunch. The Windies pacemen were not having much luck- Bounce had died down on the pitch and the batsmen were no longer troubled by shorter deliveries. The run scoring did slow down a bit the last few overs before lunch, but Raza still managed to squeeze a boundary in here and there to keep the scoreboard ticking.

PATRON'S XI: 165/2
038.jpg

Rameez Raja; Best bowled the last over before lunch and for once Raza looked to defend every ball as he wanted to go into the break without the loss of another wicket. The over passed without incident, expect for the very last ball of the session when Best produced a snorter of a delivery and had the skipper in all sorts of trouble. The ball went through Raza's defence and somehow missed the top of the stumps! A bit of a shocker to end the session!

039.jpg

Rameez Raja: All in all, it's been a terrific session for the Patron's XI. Despite the loss of two wickets, 165 runs were scored within 30 overs at more than 5 runs per over! Though the pitch has been quite forgiving after some initial movement, credit must be given to the batsmen for putting on such a show. And now the players are off to the pavilion for lunch, and we'll be back after a quick commercial break!

040.jpg

041.jpg

SESSION STATS:

Overs- 30
Runs- 165
Wickets- 2

Salman Butt- 72
Hasan Raza- 65*

Very good scoring rate... Patrons are well placed atm! This is where a quality spinner is needed which Windies dont have:D Gayle can be effective though!

Patrons playing nicely .....Butt and Raza will score centuries for sure . nice presentation mate :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread