Story c39_0823|Born to Fight for Success - A Journey with SA Redbacks, Innings 2 of WW Vs SA FC

When will Suren Ram get to wear the Baggy BLUE for his country?

• Total voters
83 is not bad as you were put down to 40 for 6. But, will you be enforced follow on is the question now. If so, it'll be a great chance bro. You get some inspiration for laxman:D. Great presentation:). Kiu. Btw, can you say me how did you do that hawk eye work please?

Well it was a very dissoponting score there BTW Suren brother why the hell didn't you score 1 run it would have been a 50 for you a heroic show in a killing situation :( , i have hopes in our bowlers :) with bowling friendly conditions TN bowlers have a very good chance But if they bowl a tighter line :)

A good update again as usual :) :clap

chapterheader.jpg

(15 b) Target 323 for Tamil Nadu, End of Innings 3

May 14, 2009
Time - 05 : 15 PM​

With some time left for the lunch break, we were asked to bowl few overs. I was surprised when our Coach - Raman was still having positive hopes on this game.

" Boys, nothing is over yet. We still have about two innings to go & the pitch looks very much on the green side. If Karnataka bowlers can do it, why can't we do the same to them. We did bowl well in first innings & we need go some steps ahead and come up with exceptional bowling if we need to stay in this game. We can do it, Good luck ", Raman added.

Some Great signs Before Lunch

wicket1and2.jpg

With motivational words from our coach, we all stepped into the field like a battlefield. Karthik kept encouraging his boys even during his field set up. :p I was asked to swap between covers & third slip & I stood with my eyes alert. May be like this --> :ninja or Like this --> :eek: or like --> :sleep Well, forget it! Somehow I stood with my heart beating hard and kept saying, " dude.. Don't miss any chances! ". :p

Yo Mahesh and Amarnath shared the new ball & they were very much impressive. Without any doubts, the pitch supported the fast bowling still. Added to the impressive bowling, the fielding department was also pumped up. Constant encouragements from Badrinath, Karthik & Vidyut made the environment perfect. Some atheletic fielding from our boys, infact, led to couple of run outs before lunch. Both the openers went to the pavilion. Uthappa's loss was very much needed for TN. We remained as contented dressing room during lunch.

Great Momentum continued after Lunch as well!

wicket3.jpg

After lunch, we continued the same momentum like how we went in before lunch. One should really appreciate the captain brains of Karthik in keeping us motivated despite the poor team score in first innings.

Different bowling changes were tried - Ashwin, Balaji, Srinivasan. TN captain kept Ashwin constantly bowling in one end and switching the different bowlers in other end. Ashwin clicked as expected. Third wicket went down for Karnataka & it was a brilliant fielding that costed this wicket. Ashwin, the first innings hero continued to be the hero of this innings too.

Controversies, but Dravid HAD TO GO!

dravidsnickowicket4.gif

Please Wait for the image to load - Animated!
Replay Video ( click to see )

It was a surprise bouncer from Amarnath & Dravid couldn't ressist it. :p He tried to put it away by the huge pull shot & it led to a controversial decision. Dravid's bat failed to connect the ball cleanly & as a result, the ball went behind & Karthik collected it cleanly by an outstanding dive behind.

Amarnath did not go for appeal but it was Karthik who initiated the shout. Amarnath turned at the umpire & made a half-hearted shout. :eek: Umpire's finger went up & Dravid was given out. The experienced wall failed to walk back immediately, & he tried to convince the umpire to refer to the third umpire but, it was of no use. Both the on-field umpires were very much contented with their decision & sent Dravid back.

After these dramas, the replays also concluded that there was a soft touch of the ball on the batsman's glove. Hence, it seemed to be a good decision. :)

Wickets & Runs at regular Intervals!

wicketskeptfalling.jpg

With wickets kept falling at regular intervals, first innings top scorer - Gautam fired some quick runs for Karnataka. Four boundaries in the over of Yo Mahesh accelerated the scorecard, but the wickets still kept coming for Tamil Nadu. Never give up attitude of Yo Mahesh, Srinivasan, Ashwin, Amarnath and outstanding fielding display of TN boys kept the hopes of coach ALIVE!

Another quick fire from Vinay Kumar extended the lead to 300+ but we managed to wrap up their after Tea break. It was around 5 PM and we managed to send all their batsmen to pavilion for the team total of 168 runs. Ashwin ended up with 4-fer.

Batting Scorecard

scorecard1.jpg

Bowling Scorecard

scorecard2.jpg

With 30 Wickets falling in less than TWO days is something which we all were concerned about in our dressing room. With this kind of pitch, 323 is definitely not going to be easy to chase it down but, anything can still happen. We all kept our hopes positive like how we kept during our bowling.

Karnataka : 168/10 ( 2nd Innings )
Tamil Nadu - 83/10 ( Kar : 237/10 )

Vinay Kumar : 33*
M Gautam : 32

Ashwin - 4/61 ( 19 Overs )

toughcontesttochase.jpg

Can Tamil Nadu chase 300+ score on TOUGH batting conditions? Stay Tuned!​

I knew Ashwin will bowl well. Presentation is awesome mate,Dravid was clearly out there and loved that video mate,very well done. :)

Good you guys bowled well and 323, I feel is gonna be difficult for sure but you guys may just give them a run for their money. Suren to score a double ton Sehwag style. Something more to learn from you in this update as well. Thanks for this.

Great update, although IMO the snicko looks a bit odd, with the soundwave bit. Kinda looks like clouds floating on a line... :p And also (I'm not trying to make out than I'm an expert and be all patronising, cause you're a legend of storywriting) but is that supposed to be hot spot? Generally I find making the image black and white and then decreasing the brightness and increasing the contrast gives a better look than just inverting the colours, but who am I to tell you what looks better?

This could be tough for Tamil Nadu, but I'm picking one Suren Ram to play a blinder here and get them close.

Great to see some updates! Have to disagree with JC, the snicko looks awesome!
This is one serious bowling pitch!! Both teams are getting owned with the bat!
Great writing and presentation

chapterheader.jpg

(15 c) End of Day 2!

May 14, 2009
Time - 06 : 30 PM​

With almost around an hour of play left, our main strategy was to play without loosing a wicket. My Coach stressed the same very clearly to both of us - myself & karthik. " Look guys, we need 323 runs to win this & we have enough time to chase this down. Let's consider this as a great opportunity to utilize the opponent's bowling conditions. Till, you both get comfortable don't attempt any shots. Just have this in mind clearly - If ball is kissing your bat, make sure that it's a clean kiss! :p ".

These suggestions made me nervous to be honest. :( I never want to hear any instructions as I want to bat in the way I wish. I didn't utter even a single word during the discussion. I just came silently out to the ground with pads ON!

Too much of advice is good for NOTHING, I know it!

update1.jpg

We took our positions at the batting crease & I was asked to face the new ball. Vinay Kumar was the new ball bowler. All my focus remained on the red colored round in Vinay's hands. The very first ball was a hip level delivery at a slow pace & I managed to get that in leg side for a single. I was surprised to get a slow delivery in very first ball & was also surprised to get off the mark without any struggles. :D

However, Vinay was back to his best in the same over. He got rid of our captain - Karthik! :noway What? :eek: Once again, Karthik got out very early at the crucial time.:mad Badrinath joined me. I still remember the golden partnership in my first debut match with Badri & I expected the same.

Badri remained cool & we faced good threat from their opening bowlers - Vinay and Aiyappa. I managed to have a glance at my coach's face where there were no happiness in our dressing room. The frustration added fuel to the fire - Badrinath also got DISMISSED! :mad:

I was so shocked to see Badri playing in careless fashion. He edged to the slips & it was a regular slip catch to the fieldsman. Badri walked off and we lost two wickets in very first few minutes of our game. With more than 300 to chase, we are left only with 8 wickets.

Yes, this starts eating my head again. I need to be very careful & I need to build partnership with someone. " Comeon, Suren! ", I said myself. Self motivation huh? :D It works out though - Motivating one ownself does the trick of getting the job done with involvement & it's applicable for any aspect of our life. :)

I hate this BOWLER - VINAY KUMAR!

update2.jpg

Due to the big pressure on us, I decided to initiate the pressure control act. Yes, I decided to go over the bowlers to try my luck. I kept murmuring myself that I need to attack the bowler.

The very first ball after my decision SCARED ME & my face PALE. The delivery quickly deceived me & completely missed my bat blades. I did not understand anything for a moment - Vinay & fielders around me started their huge appeal. I prayed within myself to get the decision in favor of me. I waited for umpire decision with PALE FACE. Finally, umpire remained unmoved. :banana2

I got a huge relief. The very first ball was against my luck. Still, I was not in a position to give up & to change my decision. I remained firm in my thoughts - GO AFTER THE BOWLER!

My LBW Shout - REPLAY ( Animated, Please Wait )

updateanimation.gif

Thank you for the patience.

However, the replay did suggest that the ball was missing the leg stumps anyways. Whatever the case may be, Umpire did not raise his fingers & it's good for me. :D Even if the replay had suggested to hit the stumps, I wouldn't have cursed the umpire for that. ;) I did receive many sledgings from the fielders nearby, but I turned my deaf ears to them.

Vidyut, who was the new batsman in other end suggested me to keep it cool. We are just few minutes away from the day's finish. " Can we make a complaint to umpires for bad light? ", Vidyut asked me & I refused. :)

Determination helps a Person to Achieve his Short term GOAL for SURE

update3.jpg

I was very determined to go after the bowlers & was so happy that I executed my plan without any problems. The ball somehow managed to make clean contacts with my bats' blade & it was a great satisfaction for me to watch it(ball) go in all directions beyond the boundary ropes.

In one of the situations, their left arm strike spinner - NV Prasad was punished by me for the overpitched delivery. Yes, I managed to get the maximum distance & it was the first SIX for me in this innings.

Fortunately, there was a good chemistry between me & Vidyut. We rotated the strikes nicely & I managed to get regular boundaries. " You are on fire, dude. Calm down, We have time! ", Vidyut added. I just gave a hungry smile to him. Yes, HUNGER FOR RUNS!

Short Term Goal Achieved, but still LONG way to GO!

update4.jpg

The scored crossed 50 when we headed towards the end of Day 2's play. It was exactly 53/2 in 13 Overs. After the initial hiccups, the runrate was more than 6 RPO in last 5 overs. I walked back with pride face towards the dressing room along with Vidyut afer scoring 36 runs from 29 balls. :)

" You compensated in splendid manner towards the end for the initial damage by bringing the target within 275 runs margin, but you need to prove yourself tomorrow champ! ", my coach added as soon as I went into the dressing room. :banana2 I can sense a huge expectations on me .. I can sense a huge opportunity for me to shine.. I can sense a window opened for a heroic display.. but CAN I SUCCEED IN THIS? Stay Tuned to know more :)

TN : 53/2 ( 2nd Innings, 1st Innings - 83/10 )
Karnataka : 168/10( Kar : 237/10 )

Suren Ram : 36*(29)
S. Vidyut : 11* (43)

Aiyappa 1/14( 5 Overs )

toughcontesttochase.jpg

Tamil Nadu needs 270 Runs with 8 Wickets Left.​

Badri gone! He was the key in the chase but they still have Suren at the pitch. :D

Users who are viewing this thread