Call of Duty: Black Ops

Haha, way overpriced. Steam do have some good deals but that isn't a very good price, not even close.

Yep - on the one hand, they're offering F1 2010 for ?20 odd and on the other, they're asking for a mere ?5 less than that for a very old game, or one of its expansions! Definitely going to try and track down the first two games, I remember how epic many of the missions were.

Bundle the whole lot (CoD 1, 2 and all expansions) for around ?20 and you'll make a killing, Steam! I'd definitely pick that up especially as I haven't played any of the first games' expansion packs.

Anyway - a question about Black Ops. :D

How does the 'virtual money' work - how do you get it and what can you 'spend' it on?

Anyway - a question about Black Ops.

How does the 'virtual money' work - how do you get it and what can you 'spend' it on?

After Every ranked game,you get certain amount cod points Ie.V cash ,and you can Spend That Cash to buy customization item,Weapons,Kill streaks .. almost everything.:)
This Feature is Very cool,and gives you full control to choose your guns and other.But I wouldn't Be surprised if i see acti is Selling this Cod points for Real money just like MMORPGS. :spy

And Yeah you can gamble This Points In wager matches to earn more points.

You can't buy all the weapons at the start however. When you're a low level you can only buy a few of them, and as you improve your level, more are available to you.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Hardened Edition) Xbox 360 | Zavvi.com

Hell you can get MW 2 for ?17.99 with a free token to get "Call of Duty" and that for Xbox/PS3 which are usually alot more expensive than the PC counterparts.

Bet they're not doing the same for the PC, eh? :noway Yet the console-ites can spend ?17.99 and get two games for the price of one (less than the price of one).

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

After Every ranked game,you get certain amount cod points Ie.V cash ,and you can Spend That Cash to buy customization item,Weapons,Kill streaks .. almost everything.:)
This Feature is Very cool,and gives you full control to choose your guns and other.But I wouldn't Be surprised if i see acti is Selling this Cod points for Real money just like MMORPGS. :spy

And Yeah you can gamble This Points In wager matches to earn more points.

I like the sound of this, but if FPS games start going the MMORPG way of charging real money, they can whistle for it. ;)

Funnily enough, as soon as I suggested Steam put up a bundle for ?20, I just found 'Call of Duty Warchest'. This contains CoD 1, CoD 2 and CoD United Offensive for ?20. That's more like it!

Tricky one eh, Themer? What should a guy do - buy CoD for ?14.99, or pick up those three titles for a five extra? Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
Yep thank god

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Wait black ops or the earlier games? In any case I think the earlier ones have dedicated servers too

It all comes down to personal preference with what controller you like or dislike, I don't mind either, it's whatever you do first, you get used to so if you played an FPS on the PC first, you'd probably be used to that.
I'm not really that good with the mouse and keyboard coz I've barely had any practice whereas I have 6 days of game time on the Xbox so i'm obviosuly going to find that easier

Facepalm all you like - when they used to show Pro CoD 4 gamers on Sky, they were always using a keyboard/mouse. :rolleyes

The thing is, you seem to have a big problem with the current price, and you mainly seem to be interested in the campaign, and not the multi, atleast for now. It wouldn't hurt you at all to rent it on console now and if you ever get interested in the multi or if you want to play it again, you could get it on PC once the price drops. Mind you, MW 2 didn't dropped in price until one month before Black Ops came out, or around that, so I wouldn't wait for the price to drop. Anyway, by that time, Black Ops may feel stale, especially with talk of Modern Warfare 3 coming out. So you should either rent it on console or do yourself a big favour and buy it now at the cheapest store you can find.

As for pro COD 4 Sky gamers, I couldn't care less if they were playing it on the PC. You're assuming there aren't pro gamers on the console either. I can assure you the game sells atleast 3-5 times the units on console than on PC, so how do all these gamers cope without a PC mouse and keyboard?

Realistically though, it comes down to personal preference. Mine is obviously PS3 controller and yours is obviously keyboard and mouse. MaD's pretty much spot on.

Good idea - reduce the amount of regeneration, or make it much slower. Or have some sort of effect, such as slower movement, so you have to watch your step for a while until that wears off.

Yeah, that's also a good idea. The idea of being able to move slower is already to an extent done with second chance/last stand/final stand, where you're prone with a pistol, and because of that unable to move much at all.

As for dedicated servers on the PC version, MW 2 didn't have them, so I highly doubt that any game which came out before MW 2 will have dedicated servers for PC.

MW2 was the first one not to have dedicated servers iirc. I had COD:MW and COD:WaW and they both had them.

I'm doing much better now. Averaging about .8 kill to death per game...still not great but much better than .1 or even 0 that I got a few days ago!! :lol

Currently a level 9.

What are your preferred custom classes?

Users who are viewing this thread