Call of Duty: Black Ops

Finally got online sorted for my PS3. Cost me an extra ?10, which is a bitch, but it'll be worth it. Looking forward to some crazy times online with Ben and the like, as with MW2.

What was the tenner on?

Adding an extra device to my internet service. Just another way for the company to get money out of you. You'd think spending the money I am for accomodation they would put this kind of thing in there for free. Ahh well, such is the world we live in.

Been playing online quite a bit recently. Some of the fps problems have gone away but there are no NZ servers which is annoying.

My KDR is at 1.46 or something around that at the moment. I normally play hardcore, but I don't care which mode. Whichever has free servers in Australia. Normally its TDM, CTF or DOM which are pretty fun.

I had one amazing match though where I was 27-1 at one stage with a 21 kill streak. I hardly knew the map either but was just on fire.

I normally use the starter rifle with a silencer. Can't remember the perks. Think I have sleight of hand, ghost, and ninja but not sure on that. On hardcore servers you don't need anything more than a 3 shot burst.

Got a flawless Free-For-All on Firing Range a couple of days ago, it was epic:D. It was an 11 killstreak, with 15 kills from dogs and 4 chopper gunner kills. Dogs are just epic. AK47 is easily the best weapon in the game if you can control the recoil.

So all in all, 30/0, never done that before in any multiplayer game. My KD was 0.6 when I started, I've stepped it up to 0.9 now. I use Hardline, Sleight of Hand Pro and Hacker Pro. Plus, I use the tomahawk, I've already got 100 out of my 3000 kills with it.

I also got 9 tomahawk kills in Sticks and Stones (Weekend Gambler) yesterday.

Got the game yesterday for Xmas, and I'm in love with it already. Online's been good so far and I have my kill/death ratio above 1.00.

Actually have a great little session this morning online where I went 20/2 and then 11/3, I then went to campaign to quit while I'm ahead.

Last edited:
Those are pretty good :)

My best was 44/4 in Jungle in a domination game, but then I got kicked for TKing too many times :p

I'm contemplating buying this game soon, after my new laptop arrives.
Should I play the previous ones first? Or it'd be just fine if I start with this?

Just get this one, don't bother with the older ones. Hopefully your laptop can run it though :)

I'm now almost 6th prestige. I got 1 bullet 3 kills a couple of days ago as well.

I'm loving zombies. I got to round 19 today on Kino der Toten.

I'm now almost 6th prestige. I got 1 bullet 3 kills a couple of days ago as well.

I'm loving zombies. I got to round 19 today on Kino der Toten.

My best is round 25 with 3 people on that map. Man it was intense.

My best is round 25 with 3 people on that map. Man it was intense.

I just got to round 22 with 3 people. We got real lucky though because all 3 of us had a ray gun, RPK and HK21 at some point, the two other guys pack a punched their ray guns. Ray gun is unstoppable I survived round 20 with a ray gun and no juggernog. I got 350 kills the other guys got 550 and 400.

The leaderboards unfortunately say it's with four people though, as a guy that got 50 kills left at round 10.

I like Five but I've only got to round 10 on it. I haven't got the Hardened maps, but I've played them at my mate's and Shi No Numa and Nacht der Untoten rock.

I'm considering prestiging. The game is getting a bit stale at the moment... but what's the point. Maybe I should just unlock all the pro perks or something.

BTW, I suck. I got good at one stage and now I'm back to crap. Ugh

What are you guys' favorite weapons? I'm digging the famas lately, with dual mags and slight of hand pro. I like the AK47 too with warlord pro - a surpressor and red dot.

Commando (reflex) and AK74u are also sweet. I also really like the Galil but it isn't on any of my classes at the moment.

Hardline pro is the best, especially for noobs like me. Spy plane at 2 kills is awesome.

I don't see any point in using up the attachment slot with a sight because the iron sights are perfectly fine in my opinion. So I always get the suppressor. In terms of guns, I haven't bought them all or tried them so I don't really know what they're all like. On hardcore matches I like to use the m16a4 though

Famas is the gun of choice ATM with me, red dot sight and suppresor and you can't go wrong! Will probably upgrade to an AK47 when it becomes available.

Users who are viewing this thread