Champions League T20 2013

nandu saju

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just dont start the topic of Csk hatters.It would only attract hatters here.Try speak something beyond just CSK and CSK fans,speak about Clt20 and the scope of different players and teams in it.

Abishak11

International Coach
109879.jpg

Hyderabad will not host any matches in the upcoming Champions League T20, due to security reasons. The 12 qualifiers and group matches scheduled to be held in Hyderabad will be shared by Mohali, Ranchi and Ahmedabad.

The qualifying matches on September 17, 18, 20 and a Group B double-header on September 24 will now be played in Mohali. Ranchi will host a double-header on September 28 while Ahmedabad will host a double-header on September 30.

Last week, Andhra Pradesh state police said that they would not be able to provide adequate security for the matches as they clash with the Ganesh immersion festival. The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) had stated that the question mark over security was only restricted to the qualifiers and they were confident the police would provide adequate security for the group games.

Altered schedule
September 17 - Faisalabad Wolves v Otago/ Kandurata Maroons v Sunrisers Hyderabad, Mohali
September 18 - Kandurata Maroons v Otago/Faisalabad Wolves v Sunrisers Hyderabad, Mohali
September 20 - Faisalabad Wolves v Kandurata Maroons/ Otago v Sunrisers Hyderabad, Mohali
September 24 - Brisbane Heat v Titans/Trinidad & Tobago v Qualifier 2, Mohali
September 28 - Titans v Qualifier 2/ Brisbane Heat v Chennai Super Kings, Ranchi
September 30 - Titans v Trinidad & Tobago/ Brisbane Heat v Qualifier 2, Ahmedabad
However, the decision to shift all the games may have been taken due to the Hyderabad police being non-committal.

"Police had said that they will not be able to provide security for the qualifiers due to Ganapati immersions. And for the league games, they would take a call based on the prevalent situation," MV Sridhar, the HCA secretary, told ESPNcricinfo.

"So it was up to the CLT20 governing council to take a call."

This isn't the first time Hyderabad has been stripped of matches in recent years. In the 2010 IPL, all of Deccan Chargers' home games were played at Nagpur, Cuttack and Mumbai's DY Patil Stadium due to political agitations in the state.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No matches in Chennai and Mumbai. Really sad news to know. Both are highly fan suppotred venues.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
reasons are for chennai no srilankan is allowed.i hyderbad there is heavy protests by telenganas.mumbai i don't know

Thats not the main reason. There is a stay in Madras High Court that Chepauk should not host any matches because TNCA still have not got the stability certificate for the newly built stands and also they constructed extra stands without getting prior permission from the Government.

I think there are no matches in Bombay because of Shiv Sena. He has clearly told no Pakistan team must enter Bombay. Also the weather in Bombay is poor. I saw this news somewhere in ESPNCRICINFO.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
No Faisalabad Bulls in clt20 this year as visa is been denied by indian govt.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
No Faisalabad Bulls in clt20 this year as visa is been denied by indian govt.

It's too late. If the decision was taken earlier then some matches definitely could be arranged in Wankhede. But a big abset for me :facepalm

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
IT will be a good competitive tournament. I am looking ahead for Kandurata Maroons, which looks Dark Horse of the Tournament, especially because of Sangakkara is with them. SRH watch out. All the best to SHikhar Dhawan for captaincy role.

I wish RR to win, though I am MI fan. I wish Dravid lift the trophy for the last time. :thumbs

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Otago have got off to a pretty good start

ferg512

International Coach
Pretty solid win there for Otago, the real test will be the next two games though. Sounds as though Ten Doeschate is available for the remaining games as well which is a big boost.

Users who are viewing this thread