IPL Chennai Super Kings

My lineup for today's game although I know it wont be the lineup our Management will go with.

Hayden
Vijay
Raina
Badrinath
Perreira
Arun Karthik
Morkel
Ashwin
Murali
Balaji
Gony

What the hell does "whistle podu" mean? For some reason I can't stop laughing whenever I see the ad :laugh

What the hell does "whistle podu" mean? For some reason I can't stop laughing whenever I see the ad :laugh

"podu" means "DO IT". "whistle podu" means "blow (do) the whistle".

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Chennai replace Jacob Oram with Bollinger | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com
It is confirmed by Cricinfo now.Though he hasnt set the world alight in the T20 format,as his stats show,he bowled really well in the death against India and has been in quite good form for Australia in whatever format he has played.Hopefully he'll come handy for us.We desperately need a strike bowler in the pace department.

We need Bollinger or some strike fast bowler at the top. Morkel has failed, and the other bowlers blow hot and cold. Also waiting for Mike Hussey.

SaiSrini added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Thank god.

Raina is injured. Is Dhoni back?

WHAT? CSK's campaign this year is jinxed.

In Malayalam then does it mean, 'Get lost'? :o

Are you referring to "poda"? I dont think "podu" means "Get Lost" in Malayalam. Malayalam and tamil are quite similar in terms of word usage. In Tamil, "poda" means "Get lost" and its quite similar in Malayalam too.

"podu" means "DO IT". "whistle podu" means "blow (do) the whistle".

Oh.

Are you referring to "poda"? I dont think "podu" means "Get Lost" in Malayalam. Malayalam and tamil are quite similar in terms of word usage. In Tamil, "poda" means "Get lost" and its quite similar in Malayalam too.

This is why I was finding it funny. And poda and podu are quite confusing :p

Don't know. My grandpa told me, I think he read it in the paper (Hindu). Could be wrong though.

No news about it yet on Cricinfo. Which makes me optimistic that Raina would take the field tomorrow. Right now, his fielding and his hitting is crucial for Chennai. He had a great game against MI, scoring 80 odd.

Users who are viewing this thread