Classic Mafia 2 - Game abandoned

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Thank you very much, PD. I think I'll run the next one, will be themed but, short (I like themed games).

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sounds good to me :) I'm in again, if only to make sure it's active until I get killed :p Hopefully Sedition is in so we can accuse each other of everything all day haha

I'll definitely be up for running the one after though and having played in 3 games by then feel I know what to do (and I'm active enough to keep it running).

----------

Oh, and can Barmy change Sedition's status to "unwise" until the next Mafia game starts ;)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I made my way over to the secret observer's thread for the revelation and bitched about the slowness after I died :p

I figured T20 had to be the doc, since he was pretty much the only one who wouldn't know/be too lazy to send his role in. Mad admitted he was looking for the doc when I questioned him about looking at profiles too.

Could've been interesting if T20 was killed on Night 1 and Mad played me against PD, since I was pretty paranoid that he was mafia and it only occurred to me late in the day that he might be the cop.

I might be up for another one, put me on the maybe list :spy

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I think the mafia's problem was they let us play against each other for too long, which all but confirmed to me you were town. At that point I had already removed any suspicion from User on the first night, so had just 20-20, MaD and Adi left. Aditya I think played poorly from the start and left MaD in a difficult position. MaD did a good job of looking like town, but 20-20 was so incompetent throughout that eventually MaD had to be mafia :p

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I see you gave me MVP too :p I didn't do much except accuse everyone for whatever reason. It somehow worked though, so I might retire looking a genius :spy

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I was the clear MMVP (most modest valuable player heh) but meh, I also finished the game because it was getting beyond a joke so hardly should be able to be :p

This whole game was just a mess really. Zhuorb kind of messed up the start by revealing the doc hadn't sent their role in. Then 20-20 played horrifically by never being available.

MaD lynching Aditya without any discussion allowed an instant hammer and all but secured him as final mafia seeing as he had earlier been profile scanning as well to try and figure out the inactive doc. At the same time, Adi had been fairly poor by seeming mafia from the start and showing no signs of being able to talk his way out of it (actually dug himself into it :p ). 20-20 has obviously not posted in days which has made him useless, but he couldn't be replaced because everyone already knew he was the doc haha.

I think the mafia's only chance was to target 20-20 when they killed Sedition and attempt to play me and him off each other.

----------

Also I've seen in the mafia QT they mentioned the doc not being able to protect the same person over consecutive nights. Since I didn't know they feasibly couldn't do that, and the Mafia weren't sure whether it was allowed, maybe the rules needed more clarity at the start?

Still, good fun though, and after User does the next one I'll definitely take the burden and run one myself :)

Last edited:

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Since the mafia randomly chose the first night kill, Zhuorb probably should have overruled and killed T20 instead. Easy to say in hindsight though.

I think I'm pro enough now to handle a game with more players (as long as they're active or mod-killed) and roles. Certain theme ones probably wouldn't interest me though.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Problem is, it a bit difficult to get themed games in with less players. I've put up a thread which is mini mafia game (no theme, sorry) needing 7 people. Hopefully, there will be 7 active players for the game.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Going to have to abandon this as Puddleduck has revealed game information that he wouldn't have been able to to if he had been killed.

As it stood overnight mafia were killing PD and there was no doc save.

----------

Also I've seen in the mafia QT they mentioned the doc not being able to protect the same person over consecutive nights.

How do you have the link to the mafia QT?

----------

I understand people's frustration but there was still a game here. Even if the doc doesn't send his role the game can go on. The basic problem was that two people PMed their role to Zhuorb not me and one didn't submit one. I don't think day 3 was a forgone conclusion. MaD had a great chance of getting T20 Pro lynched by User2010 seeing as PD would have been dead and unable to reveal his result.

I think it's very unfair on MaD and User2010 both of whom might have got a win for others to choose to spoil this and cause the game to be abandoned.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair, I wouldn't have revealed my role if I knew the doctor wasn't playing, and if you're going to have time limits on days then reassign the role :rolleyes

I looked at the QT's once the game was quite clearly abandoned. User has played this before, the only way MaD wins is if 20-20 never turns up again, which is pointless... as at that point town can't win anyway...

See what I'm saying? Game was dead when 20-20 decided to bugger off :P

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I could have replaced him. I didn't know if T20 Pro had sent his role to Zhuorb instead so I wasn't prepared to end the night until he had replied to my PM and told me. I didn't put a time limit on this time for that reason. In my games I usually have 24 hours for night and if you don't get your role in then bad luck but I didn't feel I could here.

I'm not going to make a big issue out of it but whoever gave you the QT link shouldn't have done.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
The game was over at that point. *Isn't a snitch* :spy

You could have replaced him, at which point the doc wouldn't have saved me and quite clearly been the non-active person... Apologies if I've ended it, but this game was finished and with a doc that had failed to act on 2/3 of the nights it barely really started :p ...

Users who are viewing this thread