Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

its a tough if tendulkar opens and falls cheaply. the youngsters woul be exposed however if you have dhoni at number 4 it might not be too bad. hopefully he can have time to settle in and then play a big one.

I completely disagree with this line-up of yours.
A few major points which you have hihglighted : -

1. Gautam Gambhir
Agreed that he hasnt really been upto the mark in ODIs,but he has done really well in domestic cricket.And tell me,how many domestic ODIs did he play in ? I'd say give him some more time.I'm sure that by the end of the Aus tour,he will have developed inot a fine player.

He has played 98 domestic ODI games and 37 too many ODI games.

3. Uthappa
Uthappa has excelled at No.7 in only 1 match.He is a very aggresive opener and he should be up at No.3 /4.

Excelled may be a bit strong. But one of the finest 47 not outs and 44 off 28 balls against Australia is a fine start after three innings.

5. Munaf-Ishant
First up,Munaf doesnt deserve a plac ein the squad.He has hardly excelled since his inclusion in the team.Point out one instance wherein his bowling has won a matc for us.
Ishant,on the other hand seems to be in great form.Would be wise to play him,else it would be like discouraging a youngster.

All the ethical stuff about fielding aside, I'd rather have a fit, proven bowler than a bowler who has bowled absolutely loads of overs in the Test series and is not proven at all at ODI level.[/QUOTE]

All the ethical stuff about fielding aside, I'd rather have a fit, proven bowler than a bowler who has bowled absolutely loads of overs in the Test series and is not proven at all at ODI level

Talking of Munaf as fit-well ,thats practically impossible.
He can't pick up wickets when needed.Instead of Munaf,they could have chosen Agarkar.
Munaf-I'll be surprised if he isn't sent back during the CB Series due to an injury.

He can't pick up wickets when needed.Instead of Munaf,they could have chosen Agarkar.
Munaf-I'll be surprised if he isn't sent back during the CB Series due to an injury.

Oh stop it! He has unreliable fitness, that does not mean he is not 100% fit right now. He bowled many overs in the Duleep Trophy and impressed enough to be selected. He also has a good ODI record. He goes for under 5 an over whilst taking wickets at under 30.

Also, I never said that it was an easy move. I never discounted Ishant's fielding or fine Test form.

Oh stop it! He has unreliable fitness, that does not mean he is not 100% fit right now. He bowled many overs in the Duleep Trophy and impressed enough to be selected. He also has a good ODI record. He goes for under 5 an over whilst taking wickets at under 30.

Also, I never said that it was an easy move. I never discounted Ishant's fielding or fine Test form.

Alright then.
But,i doubt Munaf will get a game in the first 4 matches atleast.

Alright then.
But,i doubt Munaf will get a game in the first 4 matches atleast.

Yeah, he won't.

The 4 bowlers will be:

8) Irfan Pathan
9) Praveen Kumar
10) Piyush Chawla
11) S. Sreesanth

Or the selctors may opt to play 5 bolwers which would probaly be Ishant Sharma to add to the 4 and they would play Pathan at 3.

I once got hit by an egg while going home with mum in the car. The window was open, and it broke the rear mirror and went all over mum's face. It was on halloween aswell.

Totally disagree dear,if agarkar takes 2 wickets in the match he would give 60 runs for that 2 wickets.....:p:p..
he is very costly....i think ishant sharma will be gud option.;);)

Yeah, he won't.

The 4 bowlers will be:

8) Irfan Pathan
9) Praveen Kumar
10) Piyush Chawla
11) S. Sreesanth

Or the selctors may opt to play 5 bolwers which would probaly be Ishant Sharma to add to the 4 and they would play Pathan at 3.

i think 4 bowlers will be:

8)I. pathan
9)H singh
10)i sharma
11)sreesanth

Last edited:
Today's game should be good, I don't expect Australia to do any better than what they did in the T/20, basically India had their second XI, while we were just missing Ponting, and someone else. With Tendukarl playing today, well don't know, India is probably going to score 230+ here, I hope we bat first. Make a very handy lead, and bowl India out, we have a chance, with Lee opening, he is just great, took the responsibilites since McGrath retired.

India elect to bat. Brave considering that its a wicket with greenish tinge and overcast conditions which will favor swing.

Hope Sachin and co can get India to 250+ which I think could be a challenging total on this pitch (if it plays to expectations).

Manoj Tiwary gets his debut! Yippieeee..... Hope he fires making it a memorable debut. Want to see another Yuvraj Singh type debut. Come on Manoj! Show the world what ur made up of...

Must feel weird for Haddin, playing but not as the Keeper.

And I never knew that Sachin has played over 400 matches, wow! Nearly 20 years in the businness.

Ian Healy is suggesting/hoping that India will be 5 for 40 or so. Let us see what happens.

wow that sucks now sahcin is gone hit wicket dam that sucks india wont even make 200 now looks like

Users who are viewing this thread