Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

i dont even think the aussies have bowled that well.
Only bowler i would say has bowled well is johnson

Its overcast conditions and seam movement of the pitch

Aussies have been bowling too short to take advantage of pitch

And Nofkke just got his first wicket! Oh yeah! Great stuff!

6/102 for India!

India should have been much worse but for those dropped catches.... These players need a defeat or two to get used to these conditions. I thought they would be faster than their seniors in getting used, but hmmm......

Sehwag tries the same thing and falls the same way... When will he learn? Bad luck for Sachin... He cant be blamed. Gambhir and Sharma played positive but were lucky too. Sharma looked superb but the first time he played with his foot rooted to the crease, he was gone. Tiwary got a ripper of a ball and thats tough to handle when you're on debut. Tiwary should make use of all chances that he gets. He hasnt and now he will be replaced by Yuvraj should he be fit.

Uthappa went to the usual Indian failing - short ball.

Would be happy to see 150 on the board (from here on!). I hope no Indian fan is hoping for victory. I am just hoping for some batting and bowling practice for this team in these conditions.

good god if this is the future of indian cricket we should just stick to gilly danda.

Sehwag tries the same thing and falls the same way... When will he learn? Bad luck for Sachin... He cant be blamed.
I'd blame Tendulkar for a very silly mistake more than Sehwag for getting done by a ball that would have been difficult to play no matter what shot he selected.

In terms of the current situation, I'm only seeing further evidence that Dhoni is batting too low. It's not pretty, but neither is the scorecard. If he was at no. 4, he could play a patient innings before all hope is lost.

good god if this is the future of indian cricket we should just stick to gilly danda.

yeah, thats good that you have come to this conclusion after a single game:rolleyes:

Gambhir and Rohit Sharma showed lot of promise. Tiwary was on debut (though he should have grabbed the opportunity considering the hype he has).

yea i guess i have but considering how most youngsters have come up being amazing(raina) and then ended up being worse than that 5 year old outside my grandmothers window in india. Sehwag and Tendulkar were unlucky IMHO. Gambhir did well but it would have helped if he had carried on. Tiwary was undone by smart bowling by lee. cant say much about udacrap and sharma(who was scoring well until that ball).

I'd blame Tendulkar for a very silly mistake more than Sehwag for getting done by a ball that would have been difficult to play no matter what shot he selected.

In terms of the current situation, I'm only seeing further evidence that Dhoni is batting too low. It's not pretty, but neither is the scorecard. If he was at no. 4, he could play a patient innings before all hope is lost.

With the batting resources available the Indian batting order does not look right to me. First of all one of the experienced batsmen either Tendulkar or Sehwag should be in the middle order to give some stability. They could play two down. Uthappa is a hitter and I do not think he could play the game of rotating the strike and hitting the odd boundaries. So he should be either opening or should play one down. Rohit Sharma looked good could have been patient a bit. A possible batting order could be.

Sehwag, Gambir, Uthappa, Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, Dhoni, Tiwari, Pathan and the rest.

Suresh Raina has some experience and I do not know why Tiwari was rushed in ahead of him. May be to satisfy Bengali fans so that they do not start the agitation for bringing Dada back.

Users who are viewing this thread