Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

240 to win, what do you think? You think you guys can chase it down?

Well,All depend on Indian batsman's attitude.If they are desperate to do that then nobody can stop them..lol.:p
From my money all depend on How India start the inning?If Tendulkar will stay for 12-15 overs then as Sid said it'll be early finish.:D

240 to win, what do you think? You think you guys can chase it down?

Hmm... I have a feeling that we might get close, but I would right now put it in favor of Australia. India's ground fielding cost them about 15-20 runs (as also said by Paul Nixon and Ashish Ray in that post innings interview). This could come back to haunt them.

Though I want Sachin to fire, I have no hopes on him. I have some hope on Yuvraj Singh, and most hopes on Gambhir and Dhoni.

find a side on shot of his action, looks like he's in the field throwing one back into the keeper.

If you feel that you have got enough proofs, go forward to ICC and tell them. :p

symonds_sixes said:
find a side on shot of his action, looks like he's in the field throwing one back into the keeper.

When you yourself are not sure about it, don't make conclusive statements just for the sake of arguements. :)

pathan has had a shoddy day at the field !!
i wont be surprised if goes back to the pavillion with a duck !! :p

one of the worst days for india in terms of ground fielding.......
plus,some of dhoni's field placings have been horrible !

india desperately need sachin to fire ! dont expect much
from uthappa :p

If it comes to it, would he be able to bat?

Hmm... I have a feeling that we might get close, but I would right now put it in favor of Australia. India's ground fielding cost them about 15-20 runs (as also said by Paul Nixon and Ashish Ray in that post innings interview). This could come back to haunt them.

Though I want Sachin to fire, I have no hopes on him. I have some hope on Yuvraj Singh, and most hopes on Gambhir and Dhoni.

I am a bit torn I want to see Dhoni fire, and I don't since if he bats well enough he could take the game away from Australia. I've become a fan of Dhoni, so I am going to need to hope he gets 50 gets out and Australia wins I think.

Last edited:
It was a poor display from Pathan. Very unfortunate about Ishant's injury.. Otherwise, the things would have been more difficult for Aussies to score today in later spells. Pathan's bowling was indeed a horrible display. He is getting back into his bad patch again with trying only cutters and forgetting his role that he is a pace bowler.

It was just a bad day for him. He had to slow his pace down becoz of the wicket. The batsmen struggled many times to put bat on ball. But the way he served up to Hayden could prove to be the match highlight. It was a pathetic display, but could be an off day for him.

When you yourself are not sure about it, don't make conclusive statements just for the sake of arguements. :)
What I meant was if you see a side on shot it looks like he's not even bowling but rather they are showing a fielder in slow-mo throwing one back into the keeper. I'm don't care but because he isn't that good anyway. Didn't get one off the straight all day.

gentlemen, what are your predictions ??

i predict tendulkar and uthappa will waste a couple of overs initially,
then uthappa will play a weird/rash shot and get out....!! then
after a couple of overs after a lot of struggling....tendulkar
will edge it towards gilly or get caught on the crease LBW :p.....
20/2 in 8 overs ! :D

gambhir will get away with some flashy cuts over the fielders
head....while rohit sharma manages to elegantly edge it towards the slips/ gilly......
yuvi would then play a couple of cracking shots.....all the commentators
would be praising him about his stroke play...him finding form again
blah blah.....then a slower ball from pontings BF or bracken and he'll
spoon it towards mid-wicket/mid-on ! the score would be 61/4
in 15 overs with dhoni coming out to the crease.....!

gambhir and dhoni would play some test cricket and get to
know more about the pitch......!!

enough of the predictions.............!! am tired already !! :eek::p:D

Well,All depend on Indian batsman's attitude.If they are desperate to do that then nobody can stop them..lol.
From my money all depend on How India start the inning?If Tendulkar will stay for 12-15 overs then as Sid said it'll be early finish.:D

You'll also need to hope that the other opening batsman stays with him till 12-15 overs otherwise it'll be a quick finish. LOL.:p

But seriously, if the top order batsman fires we should win this game taking that our middle order is in quite a form.

Users who are viewing this thread