Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Aussies bowled Sri Lanka out for a small score, so I don't think India are safe yet.

Well, in that case of a comparison, though I always believed Sri Lankans have the capabilities to win Aussies, there is no much improvement from the team which played 2007 WCup and the current team. Infact, to me, it's looking like except Sangakkara, others are having their inconsistent forms. Especially Murali, Malinga, Vaas, Jayasuriya and Jayawardena. When the match winners are having the inconsistency form, you can't expect more from the team.

This is not the case for India though. India has showed a rapid improvement compared to the way they played in WC2007! India always showed improvements match by match. Only bowling remained as my major worries and after seeing today, I got some hopes that India should become a tough balanced side soon.

When did the last time we batted so horiibly :( ?

Did cric info by any chance saw your query? :D :p

cric info said:
Plenty of queries as to when Australia were last bowled out inside 50 overs. Well, not long ago, actually,

* they were dismissed for 193 by India in Mumbai as recently as October 17, 2007.
* Before that, New Zealand got them for 148 in 49.3 overs on February 16.
* The last time they failed to bat out 50 overs in Australia was a week before that when, at this very ground, they were bowled out by England for 252 in 48.3 overs.

Last edited:
The Aussie cricket team is full of sh!t at the moment. I mean man the f0ck up. You won the Ashes and World Cup fair enough, but cricket goes on! It doesn't mean you stop winning. Maybe they've lost some passion.

Well, in that case of a comparison, though I always believed Sri Lankans have the capabilities to win Aussies, there is no much improvement from the team which played 2007 WCup and the current team. Infact, to me, it's looking like except Sangakkara, others are having their inconsistent forms. Especially Murali, Malinga, Vaas, Jayasuriya and Jayawardena. When the match winners are having the inconsistency form, you can't expect more from the team.

This is not the case for India though. India has showed a rapid improvement compared to the way they played in WC2007! India always showed improvements match by match. Only bowling remained as my major worries and after seeing today, I got some hopes that India should become a tough balanced side soon.

Bowling is improved now. They have bowled out Australia for 159. Ishant Sharma Getting 4 of them, Amazing efforts by the Indians!.:D.:D.:D.:D.

I have just woken up and I reiterate my apology for ever doubting Ishant Sharma! He is the star of the future!

All credit to Indian bowler...its never easy to get AUSSIES in 159..Pitch is not that bad IMO...Thats fair example of some brilliant bowling..
Just one word Маладиес--Excillent......go on....

I can see India finding a way to mess this up..

With India, that is ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY!

But India have started improving in recent times and can be a bit counted upon to get the victories where they deserve to win.

Lets see... As a Pakistani fan, I hope you would be happy to see an Indian win rite?

I have just woken up and I reiterate my apology for ever doubting Ishant Sharma! He is the star of the future!

Ishant is FABULOUS!!!! I will seriously pray that this guy serves India effectively for a long long time

Last edited:
And also win here for INDIA give more confidence to S.MALIK....Now asia on fire..lol..Just a joke...please anyone don't mind..please.:D

Ishant is FABULOUS!!!! I will seriously pray that this guy serves India effectively for a long long time

For that he needs to improve his physique. This is most important.. Otherwise, he will get into all sorts of injury troubles(later in his career) like how it happens generally for Indian fast bowlers..

India are not safe. Brett Lee is in sizzling form and Bracken is always a handful. Johnson has caused India trouble and Clark will keep it accurate. This game is going to be really close, is my feeling. Australia still have a fair chance.

All that said, I have to say hats off to the Indian bowlers. They finally managed to keep a team down after getting early wickets!

Bad captaincy by Ponting. You need slips when you're defending a bad total.

Funny how when the players don't perform to their potential he gets shown up.

India would probably want to finish this as fast as possible to lift that overall run-rate, which would most likely crush Australia's so only thing I can see him doing is trying to slow that run-rate or hope Sehwag goes for a loose one.

Users who are viewing this thread