Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

he also gave gilly out lbw when their was a big inside edge onto the bat.

I said against Australia. The Gilchrist one was a shocker, but unless you were there at the time you just can't tell what he was thinking.

Koertzen is the most experienced international umpire, they wouldn't stick with him for this long if he wasn't good.

I saw one bad decision that went against Australia? The edge from Tendulkar?

It wasn't immediately audible through the microphones, indeed it took snicko to determine if he hit it or not. He didn't have snicko, he had to make a quick decision. Add 50,000 screaming people onto that and it's nigh on impossible.

Cut the umpires some slack, they do a tough job.

Thats true, especially considering the fact that it was a very faint edge, you can't really hold the ump responisble for missing it. The C9 commentators were going on about player psychology and the way in which the Aussies were appealing but in the end it's all up to what you hear and if Rudi didn't hear anything then he couldn't give it out. The LBW was another matter entirely, don't know how he missed that one.

Taufel was pretty good.

I said against Australia. The Gilchrist one was a shocker, but unless you were there at the time you just can't tell what he was thinking.

Koertzen is the most experienced international umpire, they wouldn't stick with him for this long if he wasn't good.

that doesnt mean he can keep on continuing just because he was good a few years back,if that were the case in all fields then dravid would have been playing today.

By the way did Pathan knick it when he got out. Snicko showed that something hit the bat. Replays showed it might've hit the bat first... oh well. Gambhir should be 3.

No, his bat probably hit pad and was nowhere near the ball.

Koetzen averaging 1 wrong dismissal in every match nowdays. With competition so close its not called for. Odd error is acceptable but every game............c'mon.

The fifth over of the Indian innings showed why Tendulkar is so popular. Breathtaking shots, simply superb ! Made for youtube.

Ishant bowled a ball at 149 kph !! That's way past 90 miles.

Last edited:
The fifth over of the Indian innings showed why Tendulkar is so popular. Breathtaking shots, simply superb ! Made for youtube.

:hpraise
Bow down to the King.
:hpraise

The Gilchrist dismissal was the only mistake I've seen him make for a long while.

Last 4 matches in Australia:

4) Aus Vs Sri Lanka Test Match-----Sangakkara gets shocker
3) India vs Sri Lanka ODI------Rohit given out CB when there was daylight between bat n ball
2) Aus vs India ODI--------Gilchrist given lbw when he hits covers of ball
1) Aus vs India ODi--------Sachin given not out edging to Gilly. This one though was tough one.

3) India vs Sri Lanka ODI------Rohit given out CB when there was daylight between bat n ball
1) Aus vs India ODi--------Sachin given not out edging to Gilly. This one though was tough one.
Stop complaining about umpires. Its getting boring now all the umpire bashing.

Is Rudi by any chance a friend of you skater (Lee) :p

I'm not too happy with India's batting, should have won the bonus point too.

Im just happy they won. I hope the weather remains cloudy throughout tournament. This weather suits Indian attack :D

Stop complaining about umpires. Its getting boring now all the umpire bashing.

I cant find anyone else to bash in this game. :p

I can never bash Yuvi who was only flop today.

Last edited:

Oh yes, I remember the Sanga one. That was a shocker. I didn't see the second one. The third one was a bad one, but the last one was just impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread