Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Manoj Tiwary, yes.

But I don't think Kartik will get another go.

And why would that be?

All the critics are all like, "Rohit has a big future ahead of him", they haven't seen anything yet, Tiwary hasn't exploded, I wonder how they'd react to that.

Holy crap, Ishant has a really deep voice.

Give Tiwary another go when he isnt Jet-Lagged. He will hit a ton in like, 70 balls.
Hes a legend.

70 balls?

Now that would be special, I reckon if we qualify for the final before all the group games, we should the second team (with Raina, Tiwary, Karthik, Chawla etc...), it's be interesting to see how they would do.

Also, it wasn't just jet-lag, Lee and the rest were going crazy, hardly any batsmen could have survived that onslaught, especially when on debut.

And why would that be?

All the critics are all like, "Rohit has a big future ahead of him", they haven't seen anything yet, Tiwary hasn't exploded, I wonder how they'd react to that.

Holy crap, Ishant has a really deep voice.

Ya Exactly we put our players under big pressure before even they go for play so i think they both need time...
On other day i don't know who but i think I chappel said that R sharma can bat for india in tests at No.4 in to replace sachin..now that is something that won't make any sense.How you can decide after only 6 matches that he gonna be replace the Master of this game...Thats rubbish from media..

Well, he could have done his homework and looked up on old domestic games or something, I don't know.

Just for the record, Tiwary is far, far better in 4 day games than Rohit, likewise Rohit is probably more suited to the one day stuff.

I don't Know Honestly i never saw Tiwary in action...but you can't create this much big Expectation from someone at so early days of his career.

Manoj Tiwary should come in Yuvraj fails next match...

By the way, why do you think Karthik shouldn't/won't get another go?

Ya Exactly we put our players under big pressure before even they go for play so i think they both need time...
On other day i don't know who but i think I chappel said that R sharma can bat for india in tests at No.4 in to replace sachin..now that is something that won't make any sense.How you can decide after only 6 matches that he gonna be replace the Master of this game...Thats rubbish from media..
This is not the first time I have heard about Rohit being a replacement for Sachin. It's not just the media either, when I was on Cricketweb there were a couple of knowledgeable posters murmuring along the same lines.

It's only because he's Mumbai born and bred, really.

india would of lost if australia got extra 30 runs but sharma is probally gonna end up being one of the all time great fast bowlers

By the way, why do you think Karthik shouldn't/won't get another go?

Because who will Karthik replace? If anyone has to be replaced it's Yuvraj (I never thought I'd say that about Yuvi in an ODI...). And Manoj will probably get that chance because he has not had a chance to make an impression yet whereas Karthik has....and he's not done that well. And you can't say RG Sharma needs to be replaced because you know the selectors, they're like 'Oh he won us a match with his batting, he's a match-winner, we'll keep him in the team even he fails every time, for the next 2 years'

So yeah....:)

sharma is probally gonna end up being one of the all time great fast bowlers

Amen to that.

You what?

They had a whole powerplay to go, Uthappa and Harbhajan still in the hut, Clark, Bracken and Johnson had finished their overs, part timers were getting hit.

Surely, you can't say we would have just lost. But I guess, it would have been a completely different mental challenge with 30 runs added on, but taking into account how MS and Rohit dealt with the situation, I would have definitely backed us to win.

Leggie - Karhik got a chance in the T20, surely you can't rule out his chance because of a failure there, the whole team except Pathan failed miserably and he was one of the only ones to hit a boundary for us! I reckon Rohit's bubble could burst, and I think Uthappa's place will come under scrutiny (I sincerely hope not), if he fails a couple more times.

Last edited:
You guys are harsh on Yuvraj. The guy's been absolutely immense for India in the not so distant past. Give him a prolonged run. He's got class; but is lackin in form. He'll come back.

Nice win for India. They tried their best to skrew it up though. Another wicket and it could have blown open. Ponting got caught with his pants down with the powerplay and having to bowl part timers that late. But to his credit, he avoided the bonus point, which you kinda feel India missed out on big time. Not a convincing finishing.

I'm hoping Australia bounce back well.

Users who are viewing this thread