Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

He lacked confidence and form, now I believe he has made some sort of recovery in both of those areas. :spy
He'll be back, that's just KKD for you.

Well played india..After long time i saw AUSSIES involved in such Disaster..Its not their Character..but all credits to Indian Bowler.

In Future Cup also India had Australia on mat on most of matches. Then it was Symmonds along with Haddin or Hopes to bail them out everytime and Indian bowlers would bowl a lot of trash.

In this match though they never relented the pressure and extra bounce of Australia really helped our bowlers.

Vaibhav - no worries, my friend, I just wish I could post for the whole forum to see Tiwary bat.

Rather than Tiwari or Kartick I would like Raina to have a go.

I am fully aware of all of this. Ishant should still not go on all of India's tours yet, but make no mistake that he is a major part of the present as well as the future.

If he stays away from all coaches in the world trying to alter his action, diet, runup etc he will do fine.
Dont need another Irfan coming out from here. I think he should just listen to what Venky has to say and do it.
Also he does not have any muscles for them to get pulled:D.

Last edited:
If he stays away from all coaches in the world trying to alter his action, diet, runup etc he will do fine.
Dont need another Irfan coming out from here. I think he should just listen to what Venky has to say and do it.
Also he does not have any muscles for them to get pulled:D.

Unlike Pathan, Ishant has a very good orthodox action and so coaches will not be trying to change it too much. Wasim Akram said that he should get closer to the stumps though, which is a fair enough suggestion and could help massively in places like India. Ishant should never lose the ability to bowl from where he does now though, it makes him a difficult prospect on bouncy tracks.

Here are my photos from yesterday's game.

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

Bloody hell, when the Indian's were practicing, and they were doing the running. Whenever they started running towards they stands, the Indian fans would go absolutely nuts.

Good pics..Indian fans-you will find them everywhere where ever you go.

My line-up:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Gautam Gambhir
4) Yuvraj Singh
- Last Chance, if fails this match then Tiwary has to come in.
5) Rohit Sharma
6) MS Dhoni C+
7) Robin Uthappa
8) Irfan Pathan
9) Harbhajan Singh/Piyush Chawla
10) Ishant Sharma (OB2)
11) Shantakumaran Sreesanth (OB1)

:D

4) Yuvraj Singh - Last Chance, if fails this match then Tiwary has to come in.

?!

Where is the faith in our most consistent ODI batsman of the last three years? Yuvraj deserves faith, as his father has said on previous occasions.

?!

Where is the faith in our most consistent ODI batsman of the last three years? Yuvraj deserves faith, as his father has said on previous occasions.

If we just keep him in the team just because he's been our best players for the few years or so, doesn't mean we should keep him in the team even he fails, thats what happened to Sehwag in the Test and ODI series with England in 2006, he kept on failing, but then the selectors eventually dropped him and know he's come back with a bang, I'm not say keep him out for a year like Sehwag, but just enough time so he has enough time to recover again...

?!

If we got to win the series, we got to have players who perform (or recover quickly). Yuvi has failed two games. One more failure will compound his problems. When you have a guy like Raina sitting on the benches, its unfair on him if you keep playing an out of form Yuvraj Singh.

Lets see how Yuvraj does today. I think he might click today knowing that his place is getting tight for him these days. And once he clicks, he will stay up there until another form slump comes.

My line-up:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Gautam Gambhir
4) Yuvraj Singh
- Last Chance, if fails this match then Tiwary has to come in.
5) Rohit Sharma
6) MS Dhoni C+
7) Robin Uthappa
8) Irfan Pathan
9) Harbhajan Singh/Piyush Chawla
10) Ishant Sharma (OB2)
11) Shantakumaran Sreesanth (OB1)

:D

I wont drop Harbhajan at all. No option there! He has become a star on this tour and I want him to play all games. He gets inspired by all that has happened so far, and it makes him give his best. He bowled very well in the last game and kept up the pressure. Its not all about wickets. Its also about keeping up the pressure and Bhajji did it wonderfully well against Australia.

I would play the same team that beat Australia at Melbourne.

Dont need another Irfan coming out from here. I think he should just listen to what Venky has to say and do it. Also he does not have any muscles for them to get pulled:D.

Knowing India's history, I am worried about Ishant. I seriously want to see him develop into a great fast bowler (he has the potential to become one). But we have had lot of potentially great fast bowlers only for them to fade away rapidly. I still dont know where one Mr. L Balaji is!!!

Last edited:
Ofcourse no question to drop Harbhajan!after kumle he will be our one n only world class spinner.and piyush chawla is so young,he needs time.you just can't go with him now and not atleast by replace with harbhajan.

Ofcourse no question to drop Harbhajan!after kumle he will be our one n only world class spinner.and piyush chawla is so young,he needs time.you just can't go with him now and not atleast by replace with harbhajan.

True....

I take the slash next to Harbhajan's name back! ;)

(na na sanjay bhai khotu ni lagadta,aa to mane je lagyu te kidhu)...lol....i also want to see piyush in action but not now when india on fire.he has years to go.he can play where india want to go with 2 spinners.:happy

Piyush Chawla is the future of our spin bowling. We shouldn't pre-usher him into our present, especially in Australia where he is likely to get murdered by their solid middle order. That said, he should definitely get a game or two in this elongated tri-series.

Users who are viewing this thread