Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

(na na sanjay bhai khotu ni lagadta,aa to mane je lagyu te kidhu)...lol....i also want to see piyush in action but not now when india on fire.he has years to go.he can play where india want to go with 2 spinners.:happy

Great Gujarati there ;)...I didn't get you wrong by the way ;)

Yeah, I agree, no need to change a winning line-up...

more rain........:crying

*Rips hair out in frustration*

...and I though weather here was bad :rolleyes:

Jeez, Oz are sure having a real bad patch with the weather...

Last edited:
looking at the live pictures i think this is surely another wash out.

What the heck man???

It looks like a wash out today... It might rob India of a chance to get 2 additional points (they will get 2 for the wash out, if it happens).

These rains are so boring

another wash out....Is it really summer going on in Aus????Is that you called summer???Raining every time:crying...Anyway..gud nit..:(

11.20am Still here, and the news still isn't that great. More rain. Anyone know any good anti-rain dances and if so can you please get jigging. Thankyou.

Lol Cricinfo is so funny :p

1.30pm Well, I probably shouldn't take up a career as a weatherman...the sun is now shining brightly at Sneddon Park and we are set for an on-time start. Which is jolly good news. Stay with us for all the toss and team news.

lol...They are.:D

12.10am Hurrah, the covers are coming off and there could be cricket in an hour or so's time. The umpires are already out there testing the track with their feet. There could be something like a 30-over game around 1pm on what's still a pretty damp day. Stay tuned for more updates. Source: Cricinfo

That would be exciting.

"Rain rain stay away, please let India play....."

The match is poised to be a "Twentynine29". We should change our line-up accordingly -

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Ghambir
Dhoni
Rohit
Uthappa
Tiwary
Pathan
Bhajji
Sree
Ishant

Thoughts?

Its india who gonna bat first.I really want to see sachin,how he go for this 29 over fight..

another wash out....Is it really summer going on in Aus????Is that you called summer???Raining every time:crying...Anyway..gud nit..:(
Well, it's always rainy in Brisbane in summer, in fact the driest month of their year is July. Moving the ODI series forward has hurt Sydney, which does not get drier as summer rolls on.

Sydney and Brisbane are both prone to intense storms, rather than the 20 day drizzle that makes Englishmen go mad.

Canberra on the other hand is about half as wet and has dry summers. Today's rain would not come close to the storms at Brisbane, but Manuka Oval is not a prestigious ground with top class drainage. This one is a pretty unlucky event.

The brighter news is in the games to come. Two games at Adelaide and a potential final. Adelaide is intensely dry in summer, on average only seeing nine wet days in the entire season and the total rain is the equivalent of two weeks in Sydney.

One game in Perth. Perth is even drier; they only get about half of Adelaide's wet weather.

Two more games at the MCG. Melbourne is much wetter than Adelaide and Perth, but maybe only half as wet as Sydney and driest in summer. We'll get two more games in Melbourne. There's also one game at Hobart, which offers similar weather to Melbourne; moist, but driest in February.

The finals are a mixed bag. Chances of rain at the Gabba decrease as the weather cools down, but chances of rain in Sydney will peak in March. The third final at Adelaide delivers a fail-safe, but it would be a little awful to win the finals 1-0.

The match is poised to be a "Twentynine29". We should change our line-up accordingly -

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Ghambir
Dhoni
Rohit
Uthappa
Tiwary
Pathan
Bhajji
Sree
Ishant

Thoughts?
Dhoni should be batting at 4 for a 50 over game anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread