Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

I guess I could've summarised that into "Australia is mostly a very dry place, but all the rain falls in the two places they want to play all our cricket."

I reckon Sharma might have scotched this one. They should be looking at 200 and I suspect his charge has been left late.

Last edited:
Very good batting by India to finish at 195/5. Dhoni batted brilliantly, Sachin had a little gem of an innings, Gambhir batted as usual for his 35, but the star was UNDOUBTEDLY ROHIT SHARMA!!!!

I though Rohit was leaving it too late for the late flurry. His strike rate was quite poor for a shortened game but he proved me wrong with some tremendous batting. Those two "Sachin'ish" sweeps were a treat to watch. Sri Lankans have been pathetic in the slog overs giving away too many runs.

Looks like it might rain out there again (come on, hope it doesnt!). But India have more than a good total. Its windy and could swing. The wicket has good bounce and with the pace of our bowlers (nice to relate pace with Indian bowlers!), we might be in for a good game from the Indians

Just 21 overs game now. Need to get Jayasuriya out quickly.

Edit: Sreesanth showing his true colors. He is modern day version of Ajit Agarkar. This match is gone.

Last edited:
Sanath's gone to a bouncer of Ishant @ 145.6Km/h.

Good to see Ishant getting the key wicket. Go India!

I really think Murili needs to retire. At least from ODI's. He's been pretty ordinary for a quite long time now.

I'm able to watch this now that the other game is at the half time break.

109 in 17 overs. Even Bangladesh will not loose from here.
We destroyed Australia, the number one side in the world, for 153 in a fifty over game.

Why don't you stop being so negative and just watch the game. We're number 1 in the table anyways.

This game is as good as gone.
I think our batsmen let the charge a bit too late. Sanath has won it for the Lankans.
Dhoni must bring fielders into the ring. We cannot just keep conceding singles because Sri Lanka can win it in singles from here. We need some wickets to at least put up a fight.

We destroyed Australia, the number one side in the world, for 153 in a fifty over game.

Why don't you stop being so negative and just watch the game. We're number 1 in the table anyways.

Ya, but you would expect most teams to get 154 in 20 overs.

I expect Harbhajan to give a flat delivery down the leg-side which the batsmen will put away for a 4 !

Last edited:
Bad luck for India, I would say.

Chasing 196 runs off 29 overs sounds better than chasing 154 off 21 overs. Those 9 extra overs play into the minds of the batsmen putting them in doubt whether to approach every over as T20. But the target Sri Lanka got was 154 off 21 overs which was T20'ish. So they went for it from the start and approached it in T20 fashion and have almost won it. All the rain has probably hurt India more (they have the right to feel that they could have had at least one win in the first two games which would have given them two additional points).

Poor bowling by Sreesanth. I rate this guy quite some much, but today he was downright pathetic. Needs to buck up. Ishant bowled well, but not great captaincy by Dhoni. He need not have given that many overs to Sachin and Sehwag.

This will put the series back open. India seriously need a good fifth bowling option. Sachin and Sehwag are not the options.

Yes, this is what I felt would happen if they didn't have 200 or better. Added rain reduced the score a surprising amount, but provided they scored quickly in the last 10 overs, they would not have been obliged to push themselves at all in the first 19.

Jayasuriya just doesn't need to make a big score in this sort of situation. If ever a player deserved a MotM for 27, it's today, because he took all the pressure off his middle order in just a couple of overs.

If you felt it was a 5 an over track, then 195 was a good minimum score. I think it's been a belter, a 300 track and the minimum score may have been more like 215.

Great win by Sri Lanka. Ties the series up way more. I hope it will continue this way so it will be a really close series. Australia and Sri Lanka will have to battle through the 36+ heat on friday for the win. I wish i was going.

The pitch was excellent to bat on. With just 29 overs bowled it was not even deteriorated 1%. Thers nothing negative in it, it was just impossible to win there. Even 300 of 50 overs would have been easy chase.

Great win by Sri Lanka. Ties the series up way more. I hope it will continue this way so it will be a really close series. Australia and Sri Lanka will have to battle through the 36+ heat on friday for the win. I wish i was going.

36+ is nothing for Sri Lanka. Its pleasant weather for them.

Last edited:
the win for sril lanka opens up the series but have to say that they were very lucky indeed with the match being reduced to 21 overs and i still think its going to be a ind-aus final.

Good to see Ishant getting the key wicket. Go India!

I really think Murili needs to retire. At least from ODI's. He's been pretty ordinary for a quite long time now.

I'm able to watch this now that the other game is at the half time break.

Hasn't he always been ordinary in Australia? He averages 30 in Australia in ODIs. Not too shabby.

had rain not interrupted after the lunch break,india was in a good position
rain ruined it for india.
sanath played well tho.
hes a legend!:hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread