Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

great win.

Originally Posted by irottev
Good to see Ishant getting the key wicket. Go India!

I really think Murili needs to retire. At least from ODI's. He's been pretty ordinary for a quite long time now.

I think he should play till he gets 500 wickets and be the leader in the ODI's too..

Well, it's always rainy in Brisbane in summer, in fact the driest month of their year is July. Moving the ODI series forward has hurt Sydney, which does not get drier as summer rolls on.

Sydney and Brisbane are both prone to intense storms, rather than the 20 day drizzle that makes Englishmen go mad.

Canberra on the other hand is about half as wet and has dry summers. Today's rain would not come close to the storms at Brisbane, but Manuka Oval is not a prestigious ground with top class drainage. This one is a pretty unlucky event.

The brighter news is in the games to come. Two games at Adelaide and a potential final. Adelaide is intensely dry in summer, on average only seeing nine wet days in the entire season and the total rain is the equivalent of two weeks in Sydney.

One game in Perth. Perth is even drier; they only get about half of Adelaide's wet weather.

Two more games at the MCG. Melbourne is much wetter than Adelaide and Perth, but maybe only half as wet as Sydney and driest in summer. We'll get two more games in Melbourne. There's also one game at Hobart, which offers similar weather to Melbourne; moist, but driest in February.

The finals are a mixed bag. Chances of rain at the Gabba decrease as the weather cools down, but chances of rain in Sydney will peak in March. The third final at Adelaide delivers a fail-safe, but it would be a little awful to win the finals 1-0.

If you know this much about weather then how come AUS CRICKET BOARD do not know that...And if they do then why the hell they made this timetable..This rain interval can cost a lost to any team which we saw today...
If AUS will beat INDIA in next match and SRILANKA do same against AUS...REMAINING all MATCHES GET WASH OUT if then Will you say india won't deserve place in final??I am using if and i know this is a big word if!!!!
But think IF world number1 team's number one cricket board had think about It,then we would have enjoy all games and 50 overs.....As ODI means 50 overs..not 21...:(:(

SL won without Sangakara though Jaya started it off. I wasn't sure if Dilshan was the right opener but he did well. Though he looks pretty susceptible to a fast bouncer.

Good pics..Indian fans-you will find them everywhere where ever you go.

Yeah, I think that's got more to do with having a population of over 1.1 billion people, then having great cricket fans. But don't tell them that shhhhh.

Just 21 overs game now. Need to get Jayasuriya out quickly.

Edit: Sreesanth showing his true colors. He is modern day version of Ajit Agarkar. This match is gone.

Top class from Sid today.
icon8.gif

Its weird how everyone says Australia can't play spin. Yet Murali said today that Australia is the best team he has come up against when playing spin....:confused:

If you know this much about weather then how come AUS CRICKET BOARD do not know that...And if they do then why the hell they made this timetable..This rain interval can cost a lost to any team which we saw today...
If AUS will beat INDIA in next match and SRILANKA do same against AUS...REMAINING all MATCHES GET WASH OUT if then Will you say india won't deserve place in final??I am using if and i know this is a big word if!!!!
But think IF world number1 team's number one cricket board had think about It,then we would have enjoy all games and 50 overs.....As ODI means 50 overs..not 21...:(:(
Cricket Australia do realise this and generally the ODI series is held in January, but India were not prepared to commence their tour earlier than mid-December.

Even so, in recent months, overall rainfall has increased across the east coast and even in dry Perth, they have seen additional rain . Sydney was actually quite dry for much of January, but it seems the rain has caught up again.

It seems the major mistake was to plan Gabba and SCG games in close succession, although this is clearly done to ease the stress on the players. Under the schedule they have, most trips are short flights; the trip from Melbourne to Perth is the longest at 4 hrs. However, by sending the players from Sydney to Perth or even Brisbane to Perth, they could easily convolute the schedule with long flights that would be unhealthy for the players.

good job by Dilshan as a opener but it shouldnt be suprising in domestic competition he is a opener or #3, and hes a amazing fielder.

Brisbane is actually wetter than Manchester. I felt very excited earlier when I found that out. It's just Brisbane has shorter showers apparently, however in Manchester, once it rains, it's raining for a long time. And Brisbane dries quicker, obviously.

Damn.

I was actually very disappointed with Rohit, I know he made a good score, but I felt he should have pressed the acceleration way before he actually did, with the likes of Yuvi, Uthappa, Pathan and Harbhajan still to come in, he didn't need to worry about getting out, instead he knocked the ball round looking for singles, also when he was dominating Murali a bitm he should have gone for a bigger shot more.

Can't pin the blame on him at all though, LOL at Sree, you have good days and some REALLY bad ones.

Brisbane is actually wetter than Manchester. I felt very excited earlier when I found that out. It's just Brisbane has shorter showers apparently, however in Manchester, once it rains, it's raining for a long time. And Brisbane dries quicker, obviously.

Sydney haven't been short on rain lately.

Reall bad....I don't think thats enough to prove that Sreesanth is a bad bowler and anyway Srilanka knew that if they want to win that match they have to make someone target in bowling..and they did by killing Sreesanth...Hope we won't get more rain n up coming matches..

Its weird how everyone says Australia can't play spin. Yet Murali said today that Australia is the best team he has come up against when playing spin....:confused:

If AUS makes their minds they can hit anyone....Thats why everytime Murli comes to bowl nobody cares from AUS about situation of the match and all go after him...Other point is Murli can't spin that much on Fast pitches..Thats the thing that make warne more better...Murli need SCC-Farm like pitches to get turn...and he couldn't use so many DOOSRAS also here..it'll expose his action..

Murali with his action (looks right or not!) can spin on almost any pitches. Its just that the Aussies play him well.

Like sohum, I wont be too worried of this loss. I would look forward to less rain in the upcoming matches. I wish Yuvraj gets time out there in the middle. I felt Dhoni brought him a bit too late last game. He said he wanted a left-right combo, but why did he come in when Gambhir got out instead of sending Yuvraj? Dhoni contradicted himself there. He was influenced by Yuvraj's form and is slowly losing patience on him. Hope he is given some more time.

Users who are viewing this thread