Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Sachin and Ghambir are likely to open if Sehwag is gone. Drop Yuvraj, please. He's had a bad enough season.

Gambhir has had his go opening. I am just about happy with him at three considering that he is good there and India do not have anyone who can score a single run there. He should not open, he should bat three!

Opening should be Uthappa. Good average of 31.00 with a fine strike rate of 100.00. This is far better than Gambhir, who averages 31.08 with an strike rate of 77.63, when you consider Gambhir's value at three and that Gambhir scored two average boosting hundreds against Bangladesh and an 85* against Ireland. In contrast, Uthappa's average was minnow bashingly boosted by just one 55 against Scotland.

Ya agreed with the above that Uthappa need more exposure. When he came to this series, he was in great form. But I really wonder, how the confidence level got affected since we didn't see much from this man in this series. At least in that low total chase, Uthappa should have gone instead of Pathan.

May be open Sachin and Gambhir with Uthappa at no 3. ( If Sehwag doesn't play ). Opening Gambhir will add right/left hand combo too. ;)

Yeah, I think Tendulkar and Gambhir opening the batting, it provides a left right combination. One the other hand Uthappa might be better of opening because of the success that Gambir has recently had at no.3...

Desicions, desicions....:noway

Well, if Gambhir is making runs and hundreds at 3 then keep him there!

Uthappa hasn't had much of a bat in the series so it would be difficult but it would be the best option for me since he needs to get some time at the crease.

Ya agreed with the above that Uthappa need more exposure. When he came to this series, he was in great form. But I really wonder, how the confidence level got affected since we didn't see much from this man in this series.

nope he wasnt in great form,he hardly scored any runs for karnataka.

He did score a couple of fighting half centuries, including one in about 37 balls. I think he'll come good. Let's just hope Sehwag is injured, he is useless in ODIs.

He did score a couple of fighting half centuries, including one in about 37 balls. I think he'll come good. Let's just hope Sehwag is injured, he is useless in ODIs.

he scored 188 runs in 5 matches,wouldnt call that great form.

I didn't say that he was in great form, I simply said he did get a couple of good scores.

He was fantastic in the home series before that anyhow. Talent doesn't disappear, I trust him to come up with the goods.

Sehwag has done great since returning to the side in the test against the Aussies. Its a big blow to lose a player like him now especially since he's been a useful spinner as well.

It would be stupid to risk him though. Play Tiwary I say. :D

I have said previously that Tiwary should get a go since he's performed in domestic cricket.

One good season in FC cricket (which was not even this season) could not have less to do with ODI cricket imo.

Yes, but he has proven himself and his talent due to it, and surely that counts for something? He's definitely good enough to cut it at this level, it's only a matter of time till he does (hopefully).

This season, he was Bengal's lone player, all their big guns left to the ICL and it's a bit unfair to judge him on that.

Users who are viewing this thread