Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

That's exactly my point. Their batsmen are in horrendous form.

And it's always nice to see that some people are so bitter after having to watch Australia dominant cricket for so, so long, that they have to have a little dig at them, even though their team isn't the one doing the beating on us.

Isnt doing the beating on us? How funny? Which is the only team to consistently get it up at you in the last decade till now? Even in this series, you havent dominated us. Its a perilious 50-50 (one win, one loss, one washout where either you or us could have won).

Sri Lanka can still reach the final

India is at 12 points and SL at 6 points. If India lose the next two games, they remain at 12. If Sri lanka win the next two, they go to 14 points.

If India lose to Australia, then Sri Lanka will have to win their remaining two games (against India and Australia) to beat India at the points. So India has to beat Australia in the next game to shut out Sri Lanka from the competition.

Thats more likely than Sri Lanka beating Australia in the last league game to have hopes of entering the final. 96% India vs Australia final now (although strange things have happened before)

Last edited:
Isnt doing the beating on us? How funny? Which is the only team to consistently get it up at you in the last decade till now? Even in this series, you havent dominated us. Its a perilious 50-50 (one win, one loss, one washout where either you or us could have won).

A perilous 50-50? I'd say an easy 60/40 Australia's way.

Going back a decade Australia won the 3 test series 3-0 in 1999/2000 (then won all 3 games against India in the C-U series), Lost 2-1 in 2001 in India (won ODI series 3-2), drew 1-1 in 2003/04 (ODI: 3-1 then a 2-0 win in the finals) and finally won the 2004 season test series 2-1. Counting the recent 2-1 test series win and 4-2 ODI series victory that shows India only winning 1series out of 5. From 1999 onwards India haven't beaten Australia in an ODI series.

No doubt India are the most competative team when playing Australia, but my point is, using the same logic, you could say England are also the ones "doing the beating on us" considering they to, have won a (test) series against Australia in a decade of international cricket. No matter how quality the series' have been, the fact is, India have won very few of them.

Sri Lanka will find it tough to win two-in-a-row.
Against Aus,it would be more difficult seeing as they would be having B Lee back.
India,they can win both,you never know.

Hope we will not gonna see another Low scoring game..I want some Runs..I hope Aus bat first and give real huge Chase.and then India....
To be Continue

Perfectly said!

Sri Lanka need to win all the three games (or win two games with bonus points on each of them, and hope that India lose to Australia which will tie them on the points table).

Technically, its all loaded against Sri Lanka. For a team that has not beaten Australia at all on this tour, it will be a big ask for them to win a match against Australia (let alone winning two in a trot OR winning one with a bonus point). I am backing an India v Australia final now (almost like 95% sure), which would be AWESOME!!!
Thank you very much, time to get the point across to the BCCI.:cool:

He hit a straight drive into the wickets at the bowlers hand and had a mix up with Jayawardene, resulting in Jayawardene and Jayasuria getting out with Sangakarra playing a huge role in both of them, obivously he didn't intend for them to happen...:p

Ahh, i see now!!
It is spelt 'eh' or 'eH', get it right!:p

eh?? :p

Just a thought, if KKD keeped brilliantly behinf the stumps and made a quickfire hundred, would that in any way put Dhoni place in the team at doubt? :what

I can't imagine it will as Dhoni is captain

Johnson will be resting in tomorrow's match :) Lee is coming back :D i wanted that Bracken to be rested :(

Neither will play.They are checking out good locations in Australia so when they marry they can bring their wives on a honeymoon here... ;)

Sehwag might make a comeback[Praveen out] and if Dhoni is unfit,Yuvraj will lead with KKD keeping.

Neither will play.They are checking out good locations in Australia so when they marry they can bring their wives on a honeymoon here... ;)

Serisouly!? :eek:

Or are you just emphasising the fact that they will never be picked? :p;)

Serisouly!? :eek:

Or are you just emphasising the fact that they will never be picked? :p;)

In thsi series,unless someone is injured,they will not be picked.
With 2 games to go for the Finals,i seriously doubt if India will want to risk it.

If India win tomorrow,then, there is a high probabilty that some of the others might play,but until then,its plain sight-seeing and Bungee Jumping at Hackett's

In thsi series,unless someone is injured,they will not be picked.
With 2 games to go for the Finals,i seriously doubt if India will want to risk it.

If India win tomorrow,then, there is a high probabilty that some of the others might play,but until then,its plain sight-seeing and Bungee Jumping at Hackett's

That makes sense.

Anways Munaf is bowling quite well in terms of economy so it wil be a real battle Sree and Munaf for the starting XI.

Anways Munaf is bowling quite well in terms of economy so it wil be a real battle Sree and Munaf for the starting XI.

I have been after Munaf's blood and i feel that the only thing that is saving him as of now is his economical bowling.
Sree,he is passionate on the field,but he seems to have lost his bowling finesse soemhow or the other.
As of now,Munaf seems like a good option to go with for tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread