Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

There was a time a few years ago where India really lacked good bowlers. The likes of Agarkar ended up making the side. At the moment, India have quite a good bunch of them. Sometimes that can be a bad thing for good reasons. It causes a headache for selection and someone unfortunately has to miss out.

When all the bowlers are fit, I think the best Indian bowlers in ODIs are:
1) Ishant Sharma - early, but he's done nothing wrong so far.
2) Pathan
3) Zaheer
4) Piyush Chawla
5) RP
6) H.Singh
7) Munaf Patel
8) Sreesanth

Ishant
Zaheer
Pathan
Sreesanth
Munaf

For ODi's.

Tests its got to be:

Ishanth and Zaheer
Sreesanth
RP
Irfan
Munaf.

A perilous 50-50? I'd say an easy 60/40 Australia's way.

Going back a decade Australia won the 3 test series 3-0 in 1999/2000 (then won all 3 games against India in the C-U series), Lost 2-1 in 2001 in India (won ODI series 3-2), drew 1-1 in 2003/04 (ODI: 3-1 then a 2-0 win in the finals) and finally won the 2004 season test series 2-1. Counting the recent 2-1 test series win and 4-2 ODI series victory that shows India only winning 1series out of 5. From 1999 onwards India haven't beaten Australia in an ODI series.

No doubt India are the most competative team when playing Australia, but my point is, using the same logic, you could say England are also the ones "doing the beating on us" considering they to, have won a (test) series against Australia in a decade of international cricket. No matter how quality the series' have been, the fact is, India have won very few of them.

Oh, for a moment, I thought you were aditya (didnt read your username but just went with your avatar)!!

Did you ever think that perhaps he is so unfit that he completely stiffens up after a spell.

I hope not. Munaf is the far better ODI bowler.

I would give up on Munaf's bowling just by seeing his pathetic body language and his fitness. I would trade it in for RP's bowling (or even Zaheer).

Next time Zaheer comes in and gets injured, he should be given forced retirement. This guy comes back from injury, plays a few matches, gets injured and then goes back into hibernation. Poorly maintains his fitness

Last edited:
Damn O Damn! Australia win toss and bat first AGAIN!!!

So so so so boring!! By the time India starts batting, it will be 2:30am for me and I would be fast asleep by then.

Seems like a good batting wicket. Hopefully should be a high scoring match and hopefully, India should chase successfully.

Edit: Whooohoooo.. Somebody has poisoned Munaf Patel's food.. who is that? I send my thanks to them in telepathic fashion. Hopefully Munaf recovers from the food poison but by then, Sree cements his place more with some superlative bowling that will keep Munaf out forever

Last edited:
BANG !! There goes a huge into the Crowd :happy this is the preview of IPL 20/20 :D

Users who are viewing this thread