Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

The sad thing is, guys like Sharma get into trouble when the real troublemaker (the new Aussie millionaire) keeps doling out such nonsense.

:rolleyes: You have got to be joking?

India's little pretty boy Sreesanth started it in India, Harbajhan continued on with it at Sydney and Sharma has just reignited the situation again here after it appeared to be dying down. You can't place Symonds at fault for retaliating to childish behaviour.

svijay said:
Frankly, I think the 299 we made today gives more credibility to our team as a whole than a 318 we might have made piggybacking on Tendulkar, Dhoni and/or Yuvraj. With Uthappa's innings, I think the selectors have been fully vindicated.

Definitely. Gambhir, Dhoni and Uthappa all played fantastic knock's and really with a little more input from the senior players (Yuvraj, Tendulkar, Sehwag) India would have won. India's batting today showed that there might actually be a contest in the upcoming matches against us.

:rolleyes: You have got to be joking?

India's little pretty boy Sreesanth started it in India, Harbajhan continued on with it at Sydney and Sharma has just reignited the situation again here after it appeared to be dying down. You can't place Symonds at fault for retaliating to childish behaviour.

am i missing something ?? cause, it was SHARMA who retaliated to
SYMONDS words...........

am i missing something ?? cause, it was SHARMA who retaliated to
SYMONDS words...........

Symonds was bowled by Sharma, who then as he ran down the pitch, looked at Symonds, clapped his hands and pointed to the dressing rooms. Symonds then said something back to Sharma who then said the whole f-o thing.

The best thing for Sharma to have done would have been to run down the wicket and high five his captain, rather then give the big send off to Symo. To be fair, all Symonds needed to do was point to the scoreboard instead of retaliate.

I'm glad you have chosen to take such a reasonable view. Now if you could for a few moments put your admiration for Ganguly aside, you will agree that bad patches are inevitable for experienced as well as new cricketers, and if we are to have a ghost of a chance in the 2011 World Cup we have to be patient with our younger players who haven't had much experience in the international arena. Ask yourself how important the result in this series would be six months from now. This is an investment, and we may not see the results until two years down the line.

An average of 23.50 in the first 10 innings with highest score 53 doesn't look too promising, yet a certain Sachin Tendulkar went on to do quite well. You have to give them time, and enough chances.

I never said you should drop anybody, I just said bring in new players one at a time... and If they are guided by senior and experienced players like Ganguly they'll perform beautifully and will show much much quicker results.If you want to all of a sudden drop experienced players who are doing well and throw in a bunch of people who have never played internationally ALL AT ONCE then be prepared for a mediocre performance.AGAIN, ALL these new players should be in the Indian team BUT they should be brought in ONE BY ONE because a team should think about winning the current series as well as performing well in the future and not only the 2011 World Cup.What you said makes you sound like you dont mind if this team loses all the series till the 2011 World Cup which is rather strange.If you win these only then will you win the world cup.

It was a good match,Harbhajan's wicket turned it all.
Though you cannot blame him-he tried well in the end.Rather it is the top order that has failed continually.

Another of my observation -The Indian mantra of fire or retire seems to apply only for the India-Australia games and not for India-Sri Lankna games.

Though, I am a deep fan of Sachin, I am completely disappointed with him in his late performances. :( Especially today, I expected Sachin and Viru to get off to a flying start like how Sachin/Sourav did against in one of the matches against Pakistan(coco cola cup) while chasing 300+.

It's a batting track and no excuses for the failure. :mad: Brilliant fightback by Gambhir and Uthappa. Yuvraj, R.Sharma, Viru and Sachin just threw away their wickets.

Anyways, expecting some brilliance against Lankans, this tuesday! :upray

Though, I am a deep fan of Sachin, I am completely disappointed with him in his late performances. :( Especially today, I expected Sachin and Viru to get off to a flying start like how Sachin/Sourav did against in one of the matches against Pakistan(coco cola cup) while chasing 300+.

I dunno but Sachin has not actually scored well under pressure.[esp chasing 300],though he tends to do very well agaisnt arch-rivals.
Secondly,Viru,the constant chopping of his palce may have cost us.
Nevertheless it was a great match.Had Yuvraj and Rohit stuck around,we would have won.

And i'd really like to see Ms Dhoni go in for his shots now.

Frankly, I think the 299 we made today gives more credibility to our team as a whole than a 318 we might have made piggybacking on Tendulkar, Dhoni and/or Yuvraj. With Uthappa's innings, I think the selectors have been fully vindicated.

It certainly will silence the critics. I still can't believe some of the Ganguly/Dravid fan's attitude that it wasn't good enough. I mean come on. Remember the Future's cup. I honestly have never seen India perform so well in Australia in ODIs. They scored 299 in the SCG, the voodo ground for India in ODIs falling 18 runs short. I don't recall India chasing such a total ever in Aus (in ODIs). Perhaps in India...

I think much of sting has been written by most Indian fans. So im just going to say Good Luck India for India-Sri Lanka game.

You have a short memory :p Remember the days back in England when Munaf was going at 7 an over consistently?...

IMO this is my rating of Indian bowlers in ODI's:

1) RP Singh
2) Ishant Sharma
3) Irfan Pathan
4) Zaheer Khan
5) Shantakumaran Sreesanth
6) Munaf Patel

Munaf just got a couple of games in England and those where ones which he played after coming back from an injury on some flat batting wickets at Bristol and Egbaston.
In fact he was the one who got us back by getting 2 wickets in 2 balls in the Bristol ODI after Cook and Prior got off to a flier.

Anyone who thinks Dadaji deserves place in Indian team will have to fight me.

Users who are viewing this thread