Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I expected so much more for Sri Lanka during this series. Shame, but all the same it'll be good to see some more India-Australia games.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I'm really impressed with Gambhir this series, hope he carries this superb form into the finals....:)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I have pretty valid reasons
Let's hear them, then. All your so-called valid reasons have been decimated thunderously by members here. Just face it--you're looking for things to nitpick on just because you can't face it that the team you abandoned whenever is actually doing well.

irottev

School Cricketer
For Sri Lanka it's all downhill really from here. They seem to be in trouble now and with Jayasuriya and Murili nearing retirement, even Vaas, they're going to have a bad period.

They havn't been competitive this series. I remember right before it began Sangakkara posting that this was between the top 3 sides in the world. Sri Lanka arn't playing like it. However, India have been the real surprises and they are playing like one of the best sides. Especially with the ball. With the bat, they've had their good days and bad days.

I'm glad they're getting rid of the tri-series in future. It's too long, it's often quite one sided for one or two sides.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
They havn't been competitive this series. I remember right before it began Sangakkara posting that this was between the top 3 sides in the world. Sri Lanka arn't playing like it. However, India have been the real surprises and they are playing like one of the best sides. Especially with the ball. With the bat, they've had their good days and bad days.

Yep, India are all coming together. The one single issue that needs to be resoled is finding the second new ball bowler to partner Ishant Sharma and also to ensure that Ishant maintains his form.

baburao

Club Cricketer
Yep, India are all coming together. The one single issue that needs to be resoled is finding the second new ball bowler to partner Ishant Sharma and also to ensure that Ishant maintains his form.

RP Singh,Sreesanth,Zaheer,Irfan?

And are you the same guy who wasnt believing me when i said there are fast bowlers in india(including ishant) that can bowl fast?They just need the chance.You said that india cant produce fast bowlers.And i said there are bowlers who can bowl fast.Look at ishant now.But yeah you were wrong - ishant is a star.;)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Gambhir wouldn't be playing if Ganguly was in the team.
Not neccessarily.What is Sehwag doing in the team anyway?
Yes. Ganguly had been coming in at number 3 when he wasn't opening and given Sehwag's performance in the Test matches, he was bound to be picked for the ODIs. So our batting line-up would have been, if the two seniors were around:

Tendulkar
Sehwag
Ganguly
Dravid
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Uthappa

Both Rohit Sharma and Gautam Gambhir would not have been in the line-up, and both have put in some invaluable performances in this tournament. And, of course, Sharma has fielded well.

I'm glad they're getting rid of the tri-series in future. It's too long, it's often quite one sided for one or two sides.
I'm kind of disappointed that they're getting rid of the tri-series. This was one of the last scheduled tri-series after the Sharjah Cup was scrapped and now all we have is bilateral encounters. It would have been far better if they had scrapped one round of the CB series instead. Of course, Cricket Australia is just following the money like the ICC and BCCI.

RP Singh,Sreesanth,Zaheer,Irfan?

And are you the same guy who wasnt believing me when i said there are fast bowlers in india(including ishant) that can bowl fast?They just need the chance.You said that india cant produce fast bowlers.And i said there are bowlers who can bowl fast.Look at ishant now.But yeah you were wrong - ishant is a star.;)
Let's see where he is one year from now. If you read the article about Munaf on the Cricinfo front page you will find that he debuted among high expectations. Fitness and attitude has got the better of him. We need to make sure we don't over-burden Ishant.

Last edited:

baburao

Club Cricketer
Let's see where he is one year from now. If you read the article about Munaf on the Cricinfo front page you will find that he debuted among high expectations. Fitness and attitude has got the better of him. We need to make sure we don't over-burden Ishant.

Munaf is a fool.He is an exception.Everyone cant be like munaf.RP singh,Sreesanth both have played more than one year of cricket for india.And they have not compromised on their speed.Infact their speed has increased.Munaf is now all about line and length.I dont know who suggested him to decrease his pace.:mad This guy cant bat,field and bowling is average.And he is showing this kind of attitude right from the beginning of his career.While ishant contributes in field.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

RP and Zaheer should take care of that once they return. Sreesanth needs lot of work done to his mind, or else he will fall off the test radar too.

Munaf's case might be a little bit different. He comes from a very poor family, and probably is not a whole lot educated. Plus he seems to be getting a lot of wrong advices from the wrong people. His personality just doesnt fit to be a sportsman. His body language has been the same all throughout his career.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Munaf was Dadaji since childhood.I never saw him fit.So Ishant is a different case then Munaf.But Ya Team need to take care of him.As he is most promising fast bowler of Indian cricket for now..

punterpupnroy

International Cricketer
I can not wait until the Final. My tip is Australia by 3 wickets Pup to get a ton and punter to follow on the top scores with a half ton than hussey:p:D bit biased but i hope it pays off.

Users who are viewing this thread