Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

from Cricinfo

Going back to the 30th over, it was scored as a five-ball over. Did the umpires miss out that one ball? It still is a mystery.

We will blame it on Jadeja :D 3 off 10 balls...:mad and that too so many dot balls in the early 40 over mark.... :noway

Even cricbuzz says that in the Indian innings there was a 5 ball over.... :rolleyes However, we will blame it on Jadeja :D

Well yes, I was damn furious when I saw that umpire called it an over with 5 balls bowled. Anyways it was well even as Gambhir on 23 was plum out to Rangana and he wasnt given :p

India you have made life hell for viewers :p I have chewed whatever skin was left of my fingers. And who says ODI's are dead? Well only ENGLAND :lol

I blame it on Jadeja for the 3 of 10
Dhoni for getting Gauti run out
The Umpires for not noting the last ball :P

5 ball over??? Probs lost it for India...

Found it on a FB page...

Both teams scored same runs.
Both teams lost same number of wickets.
Both teams played same number of overs.
Both teams have same extras of 8 runs.
Both teams hit 15 fours and 2 Sixes.
This is the ?tie? of ?tie?
but India played 1 ball less than sri lanka in 30th over ;)

It achieves nothing to selectively remember umpiring mistakes. If Gambhir was lbw in the 20th over, India would have been done a lot sooner.

It was a very thrilling match. The probability of Sri lanka win were more considering that malinga was given the 48th and 50th over to bowl. However Dhoni did his best to save India from a loss.

WHAT??? Absolutely busted to see India again make such heavy weather of the chase that we ended up with a tie. Should have been our game easily. So disappointed with Rohit Sharma. I guess his good show against WI was because it was WI. He doesnt seem to cross the line. What is Raina doing out there? He needs to go too. Missed Yuvraj there. He would have sealed it for us along with Dhoni.

Dhoni is batting extremely well, but he has to unlearn his new tactic of leaving it too late. With Malinga in the opposition, you cant take such risks often. But still, he has been batting brilliantly in ODI's. He is probably the No.1 right now in ODI's. Retire from the tests and concentrate on the 2015 World Cup, Mahi! Play T20's too because you can still hit it when needed. But quit tests soon! And class innings again from Gambhir. Would be livid now if he is rested after two such superb innings. Bring Sehwag back and drop one of Raina or Sharma. Enough with them!

Still a little satisfied that we didn't lose all the points.

Blame Mathews for the Tie. Srilanka needed the victory most :rolleyes

Meh, I dunno. Jayawardene made a pretty massive gamble to give Mathews the 2nd last over when he had only bowled 4 all match. But still, the chest high fullie is pretty awful - gets India out of jail again, after McKay's on Sunday. That's 7 free runs, since you have to rebowl it...

And perhaps if Mr Malinga had been able to catch the ball at the stumps, SL definitely wins. He could have had Dhoni and Vinay Kumar run out, but muffed the catch. The Dhoni one in particular was bad, the easier one to catch and the more important wicket.

Also funny to hear Dhoni use the 5 ball over as a chance to say how dodgy DRS is :p Any chance to slip in a segue to DRS and he's all over it :D There was another over earlier, bowled by Ashwin, when he was about to start a 7th ball and the umpires pulled him up. Conspiracy!! No, just some bad scorers/umpires.

Nine was all over Dhoni's bat change last night. Anyone know more about it? Is it just his slogging bat? Because as soon as he swapped to that bat, he bashed Perera for 6 down the ground, and he hadn't looked like doing that up until that point.

If Gambhir had said that, it would have screamed across news headlines across the world and would have been HUGE talking news for days after the day he said it. But nothing of that sort happened, which suggests that Fox Sports is trying to manipulate Gambhir's statements and make it sound as if he is targetting Tendulkar in a bad way. Gambhir did say we should have finished the game earlier in the 48th over or so, but still he didn't target Dhoni specifically. He was also responsible for getting out at the wrong time and not taking the innings farther by himself.

Users who are viewing this thread