Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

Why the fried chicken do we lose runs? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Well the best way to explain it is to picture if Australia had been 0 or 1 down at the rain break. In that case, D/L would have increased the SL target because it would have assumed Australia were deliberately valuing their resources ie. wickets in hand, and saving them for later But lose 5 or 6 like yesterday and D/L chart assumes that Australia have been wasting resources and they get penalised for that. Usually you'd waste resources to score faster, but yesterday they were just wasted because of good bowling/poor batting.

Is now a good time to rag on Dave Warner? He was absolutely schooled yesterday by Malinga and could have been out 3 times. I wonder what to do with him. In theory, being a Test opener should mean you are fine to be an ODI opener, but having 4 or 5 guys in front of the wicket, as opposed to the 2 or 3 in the opening overs of a Test seems to really throw him at the moment and he's going for heaves. Bring back Watto!!

Is now a good time to rag on Dave Warner? He was absolutely schooled yesterday by Malinga and could have been out 3 times. I wonder what to do with him. In theory, being a Test opener should mean you are fine to be an ODI opener, but having 4 or 5 guys in front of the wicket, as opposed to the 2 or 3 in the opening overs of a Test seems to really throw him at the moment and he's going for heaves. Bring back Watto!!

That point maybe true however why can he produce in T20 where the field is the same and gets spread out 4 overs earlier?

Still hard to get my head around.. the only way I could see a team possibly losing runs, is if they had completed their 20 powerplay overs, and with reduced overs, the opposition were only allowed 15 or something like that. There has to be a better way of evening things out than taking runs off a team though. If you're batting first and it rains, prepare to get screwed.

Still hard to get my head around.. the only way I could see a team possibly losing runs, is if they had completed their 20 powerplay overs, and with reduced overs, the opposition were only allowed 15 or something like that. There has to be a better way of evening things out than taking runs off a team though. If you're batting first and it rains, prepare to get screwed.

Ive seen occasions when the rain comes after 20 overs and the total gets increase by 30-40, the team batting second loses even though they scored more runs. I find the D/L method is pretty spot on tbh. if you were batting a 50 over game and the rain came after 20 overs, you had 8 wickets in hand and were going 4.5 rpo so you were 2/90 off 20, if you knew it was a 20 over game at the start you would have played harder, and the wickets in hand suggest you would have been able to so a target of 130 is fair.

The way Australia is performing in CB Series its a flash back their recent world cup run. Poor display all over..

I don't see how the D/L thing is that controversial anyway, sri lanka clearly bowled and batted better. They probably could have chased another 100 runs, seems a bit pointless to focus on it so much.

Yeah better to wait until it happens in the world cup or something, rather than scrutinising it during a meaningless match.

Looks like Sehwag's back spasm might rest the controversy about the "opener's rotation" for a temporary while. Gambhir and Sachin expected to continue for tonight's game. We need an extra fast bowler for Gabba. Ashwin hasn't been effective at all against Australia. Probably they can drop him and bring back Zaheer Khan. I would retain Vinay Kumar because he is in form and when it comes to Australia, you keep them crushed down to the ground and not give them even an inch to rise back up. So continue with Vinay. If Rohit or Raina dont step up during this game, time to dump them and try out Tiwary. Our team for today should look like this

Gambhir
Sachin
Kohli
Raina
Rohit
Dhoni
Jadeja
Irfan
Zaheer
Vinay
Yadav

Looks like Sehwag's back spasm might rest the controversy about the "opener's rotation" for a temporary while. Gambhir and Sachin expected to continue for tonight's game. We need an extra fast bowler for Gabba. Ashwin hasn't been effective at all against Australia. Probably they can drop him and bring back Zaheer Khan. I would retain Vinay Kumar because he is in form and when it comes to Australia, you keep them crushed down to the ground and not give them even an inch to rise back up. So continue with Vinay. If Rohit or Raina dont step up during this game, time to dump them and try out Tiwary. Our team for today should look like this

I thought Ashwin got his form back after the 2nd ODI against Australia. I would bring in Irfan for Umesh.

I thought Ashwin got his form back after the 2nd ODI against Australia. I would bring in Irfan for Umesh.

Ashwin went wicketless in both his ODI's against Australia. In that first rain affected ODI, he was thrashed badly (at 9.6 per over; and in the second ODI, at 5.87 per over). He took 3 wkts and 2 wkts against Sri Lanka only.

Also Irfan played the last game (vs Sri Lanka) and so did Umesh. I would retain both of them along with Vinay Kumar. And I would bring in Zaheer for either Ashwin or Jadeja (preferably Ashwin because we can keep Jadeja for his fielding and bowling and added batting).

ridiculous dhoni again lost the toss and Aussie Batting first again..

What sort of curse is this !! :facepalm:
Sehwag won 4 in a row against Windies and Gambhir won the last one. Dhoni never wins the TOSS!
Chasing yet again..:noway

F--- F--- F---!!!!!:mad:noway:mad:noway:mad When can I damn watch India bat and then go to sleep? So friggin' irritating to see India always bat second in this series. DAMN!!

But the good thing is, Zaheer comes in for Ashwin which is what I said too. The balance of the team is pretty good. Hope they win today!

Users who are viewing this thread