Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

I was talking about this last time it was in placed. Thought there was some fail safe against this, clearly not. Makes no sense why we lose runs, doesn't losing those wickets punish us enough?

What other 'methods' are their available to chose from ?

I'd like to see the 'keep the runs you scored' method implemented. What a tweaking joke, not that it would've made any difference to the result on this occasion. I was only joking last time when we had a poultry 2 runs added and I said we would've lost runs if we'd done any worse, didn't realise I was right.

----------

Wait, I don't think we had any runs added last time..

I am worried about Ponting... He is struggling again to find form in One Dayers

He's 37 years old. He's going to find it very hard to maintain consistency.

I'm not sure what the excuse is for the rest of the Aussie batsmen.

It's just one match! I don't think that would bother Australia much.
So how does the table stand now?

Last edited:
The D/L premise is that you have resources in wickets and overs with which to make runs. The logic is this: whether you're bowled out or bat 50 overs, you've used 100% of your resources. The trick is in converting the two into an equivalent percentage.

You get bonus runs on the target by way of a significantly less complicated formula that is proportional to the difference in total resources between the two sides. However, That's only if the first team has been robbed of more resources.

Tonight, they hadn't and so the target was a factor of the ratio of resources available to the two teams, the formula that was used is the one usually applied when only the chasing team loses overs. They lost fewer resources than Sri Lanka because they'd already spent their top six before the rain break. When the rain set in, they'd spent two thirds of what they started with and what should have been a 15-20% break was less than 5%. Australia got punished because basically it would have been difficult for them to bat 50 overs, while probably being a little easier for Sri Lanka to chase given the extra time.

:noway

Australia has not performed at all in this ODI series. I stand by what i said about Warner and Ponting.

He's 37 years old. He's going to find it very hard to maintain consistency.

I'm not sure what the excuse is for the rest of the Aussie batsmen.

He needs to control his shots, he has to realize that he is not that young ponting anymore. He needs to play a role what Inzamam did in his late 30's. Ponting has to control his shots now.

Australia got punished because basically it would have been difficult for them to bat 50 overs

The rain curtailment benefitted Australia hugely. It gave them enough overs to up the run rate, while not so many that they were going to get all out early. So I'm pleasantly amazed that D/L appears to have taken that into account.

Big win for Sri Lanka tonight. Crushing it was! SL have been very good in all their games and have inched closer and closer to that elusive victory and finally they notch it up big here. Hope they go downwards from here (for India's sake:D:p).

Should be an exciting series from here. Will we see an India-Sri Lanka final? Wont be bad.....:yes

I m having a feeling that aussies will be knocked out of the CB series finale. It will be two Asian teams fighting for the title. Probably Lanka clinching it in the end.
Here You heard it first mates!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread