Commonwealth Bank Series Feb-Mar 2011/12

Indian Batting Exposed in high quality wickets once more... Brilliant performance by Aussie Bowlers

Why on earth would he get a warning? This is the fourth time in 12 months.

This is second time in limited over cricket in 12 months.. (last one was against SL in WC final, 10 months back), and the reason why i am disapponting is that both the times india was just short by 2 overs and for that they have handed him ban. This new "Minor Over-Rate Offence" Rule was made last year and i am sure many teams are going to suffer from it in coming years, specially those teams which plays with 4-5 Fast bowler.

Last edited:
Indian Batting Exposed in high quality wickets once more... Brilliant performance by Aussie Bowlers
Exposed once more? What on earth are you trying to say here?
You might wanna look into your national team whose been losing in home pitches.

----------

Parthiv..

So now backspasm of Sehwag will be heal by tomorrow and he will be ready to captain India against SL.

I don"t think so. Gambhir would prolly be the captain.

Dhoni was the only one scoring runs consistently in middle order and late stages of the game. Now our middle order containing Kohli, Raina and Tiwary/Rohit, Jadeja have to get some runs if we want to win against Sri Lanka.

Gambhir is an easy wicket in such pitches. Raina played a better innings than I thought he would play. Rohit Sharma needs to be booted out. Investing in him is of no use. He dropped so many catches in this game that would have cost us 50-60 runs in terms of how much those chances went on to score runs after that. We cant keep Tiwary warming the benches for long. We need to try him out too.

Sehwag will walk back in next match and captain the side. He should walk back in for Gambhir. In this Gabba wicket, Sachin is still the better bet to negotiate the bouncing ball. I wish Sachin had retired after the WC itself. Could have gone out on a high. He could have played the IPL and could have earned money (if that was the case). I wish his exit is as graceful as his entire career.

This is second time in limited over cricket in 12 months.. (last one was against SL in WC final, 10 months back), and the reason why i am disapponting is that both the times india was just short by 2 overs and for that they have handed him ban. This new "Minor Over-Rate Offence" Rule was made last year and i am sure many teams are going to suffer from it in coming years, specially those teams which plays with 4-5 Fast bowler.
He's guilty of the same Minor Over Rate Offence that's been in play since 2009. The change was to bring forward the repeat offence sanction from 3 offences to 2. If it was his first offence in 12 months, he wouldn't get suspended and he's obviously aware of the change because it's the exact same reason he missed the Adelaide Test. I personally think he's just lucky they don't count Test and ODIs together.

It's not like they only had to bowl two overs after six o'clock. The over rate was two overs behind. Per hour. This is a lot more frustrating in day night games than Tests. It's almost a given that a Test will run over and even if it does, it does so in daylight. Fans can't necessarily wait till midnight while a captain sets his field.

What's catches got to do with keepers? I always thought it's the bolwer.

A bowler can bowl a crap ball but a fielder can pull off a screamer to turn it into a wicket. Cricket is a team game for a reason. Keeping is as much a skill as bowling just ask Pakistan who have been trying a part time keeper in the ODI series.

Thanks to Dhoni's slow over rates, I fell asleep and missed the conclusion of another thumping win over the Indians :mad Obviously fines and bans aren't a harsh enough penalty and the time has come to start removing fingers as punishment for repeat offences. Let's see how he keeps and bats then..

Not impressed by Dhoni's explanation that playing Sachin, Sehwag and Gambhir all together will cause 20 given runs to opposition through fielding. Yes it can be true, but at least two of these three (Sachin and Gambhir) are the most reliable batsman of the team. Sehwag on his day (when that day comes is a mystery thriller with an IMDB rating of 9.0/10) can tear bowling attacks into pieces. Still that one blue moon innings is better than the consistent failures of Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina.

Users who are viewing this thread